Your Latest Vinyl Purchases...

Where do you buy most of your records from?

• Locally (Within India)

Votes: 74 73.3%
  • Abroad (Not Online shopping)

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Ebay

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Discogs

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Other Websites

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters
One among the numbered copy

Attachments

• AF7E6123-41F7-4962-A868-4875BEAEE024.jpeg
    AF7E6123-41F7-4962-A868-4875BEAEE024.jpeg
    920.5 KB · Views: 25
  • AE1F92E0-5290-4F96-AD92-3DFD1F7D8DBB.jpeg
    AE1F92E0-5290-4F96-AD92-3DFD1F7D8DBB.jpeg
    730.1 KB · Views: 25
I bought Thakshak from Amazon, during the Sony-DADC sale last week. Sadly, the SQ leaves much to be desired. I don't think I'll be buying these new issues again. The cover quality and the printing are also low-grade, it feels tacky. One side of the closed flap also came off - looks like it was glued on with some cheap glue. The cover was bent on one corner but that's more of an Amazon packing issue.

I've observed that on Amazon.in, there seems to be a group of persons who keep posting reviews on these LPs - praising Sony DADC for bringing out these new LPs, and all reviews sound the same. For example, this one .

I forgot to mention, the record was also warped. Amazon helpfully sent a replacement, but that also turned out to be warped. The warping is visible even when you hold it in your hands and not just when it's rotating. You can see the warp clearly here.

I've heard the SQ of this LP is good. But what's the point of buying a LP which is pressed from digital source that's already available on ACD ?

This LP was a privately funded venture by 3 ppl whose names are on the cover itself. Numbering them is a marketing gimmic,
One among the numbered copy

I've heard the SQ of this LP is good. But what's the point of buying a LP which is pressed from digital source that's already available on ACD ?

This LP was a privately funded venture by 3 ppl whose names are on the cover itself. Numbering them is a marketing gimmic,

Is it digital source represents ACD only. That means whatever the studio recordings in the digital format is restricted 16/44. Why we compare only the ACD format as digital source?

Got the Iron Maiden from House of Rhythm (online)
IMG_20180103_193732375.jpg

and all these from musicstack.com, except for Who Made Who, which I got from Amazon/The Paper Palette - they did a terrible job of packing, the sleeve got bent at the corners, the tape was stuck to it like it was a spring. I asked for a replacement, which was also bent but a bit less, so I decided to live with it.

IMG_20180104_213458673.jpg

Got the Iron Maiden from House of Rhythm (online)
View attachment 24941

and all these from musicstack.com, except for Who Made Who, which I got from Amazon/The Paper Palette - they did a terrible job of packing, the sleeve got bent at the corners, the tape was stuck to it like it was a spring. I asked for a replacement, which was also bent but a bit less, so I decided to live with it.

View attachment 24942
All amazon sellers apart from music circle do a shoddy job when packaging vinyl unless you order 2-3 records, which they send in a hard cardboard box.

All amazon sellers apart from music circle do a shoddy job when packaging vinyl unless you order 2-3 records, which they send in a hard cardboard box.
One Amazon seller from whom I bought Thakshak put it in a huge cardboard box filled with plastic air-filled bags. However, the effort was futile since they put the vinyl on top of it, and it was bent on the corners anyway (it's a different story that the record was also warped :)

I have suffered exactly the same packing for records.
I have tried to explain proper packing in feedback to a couple of sellers and to Amazon but apparently it hasn't had any effect.

The best in packing I seen is from NGH and some Ebay India seller who sent it in some wooden kind of box where folding is impossible

Just Received Rangeela and hence started listening to it.The lp sounds sweeter than cd.
I have listened "hi raama" cd,vinyl again cd and again vinyl.
I will prefer vinyl.
I will purchase "pardes" also.
Surprisingly sound stage for lp is better than cd.
Bass is articulate and not overwhelming.
My sub is comfortable with it.
Highes are silky and not harsh.

for chennai member, i found a shop in Adyar junction selling used LPs. I picked up a few. they are not in great condition. However, after cleaning they sound good.

Bought 3 LP's Do Raaste, Dosti and Dil hai ke manta nahi. Listening to them now. Sony has done a marvelous job pressing these two LPs ( Do Raaste & Dosti), they are very well mastered way ahead of the earlier releases and do sound very close to the original analogue. Though there is lot of scope for improvements. I hope Sony will be doing their best in remastering the old LPs and issue new ones. On the other hand the T-Series LP is fabulous and sounds too good. Further it's cover says it is manufactured in India whereas Sony is importing & marketing the LP's. So if T-Series has any manufacturing unit in India it seems good news.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back