Your Latest Vinyl Purchases...

Where do you buy most of your records from?

• Locally (Within India)

Votes: 74 73.3%
  • Abroad (Not Online shopping)

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Ebay

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Discogs

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Other Websites

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters
RP, from where/how you got hold of that Emerson Lake Palmer? I've been searching for one locally for quite long time..

If you come across any other ELP albums, pls let me know.

;) I was myself extremely surprised how I got me hands on this. This particular album by Emerson L Palmer is excellent. Loved the music and this UK pressing was simply amazing.

Through a friend, I got a lead that this person had a few records that he wanted to sell. I met this person after a couple of weeks and to my surprise all the albums caught my eye immediately. He does not have anything else but I have specifically told him that if he gets anymore to let me know. So, if he gets anything I will definitely call you mate.

Recently scored some mint condition Vinyl :). All international pressings and excellent sounding on the 1200s.

That Equinoxe album cover is one of my favourites! I can't help smiling at that album cover. It's ridiculously brilliant :eek:hyeah:

And you should've shown how the Brain Salad cover opens up. One of the coolest packaging!

BTW is that a UK pressing of DSOTM?

A birthday gift from a friend! All downright classics by the great great Frank Zappa! So excited :yahoo:

Frank Zappa - Waka/Jawaka

The Mothers of Invention - The Grand Wazoo

The Mothers of Invention - Over-Nite Sensation

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats

Last edited:
Black Monday!

I was in Kolkata last weekend plus Monday...hoping to get some vinyls. I was sure that I won't come across vinyl sellers on Sunday because- first; it was a Sunday and secondly, it was 'Dol Jatra' which is the Bengali holi which is generally celebrated a day prior to Holi.

I was banking on Monday, when I expected the markets to remain open. Hence, I was wondering near the Chandni Chowk, Lenin Sarani and Wellington on Monday morning only to find no shops open. The only shops that I could see open on Monday were the street markets in Esplanade selling clothes, sunglasses, watches etc.

Hence, returned with an empty bag and a heavy heart. No luck this time.
Just to warn you people there who might be thinking to shop for vinyl in Kolkata...be there on a proper working day. The Bengalis are generally easy going people :) (no offence meant-just mean to say they are a relaxed lot), Don't expect the sellers to be there on any sort of holiday. They mostly open the shops by 11 in the morning. Also, most shops in Kolkata keep their shutters down in the afternoon only to open again in the evening.
So guys, plan accordingly:)
Tough luck this time.

Regards,
Saket.

A birthday gift from a friend! All downright classics by the great great Frank Zappa! So excited :yahoo:

Frank Zappa - Waka/Jawaka

The Mothers of Invention - The Grand Wazoo

The Mothers of Invention - Over-Nite Sensation

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats

Great stuff Saket. Hot Rats is my personal favorite. I had initially got this on CD about 12 years ago.

Funny! I have a Pagla Kahin Ka LP. Willing to let it go for half that price:D Anyone interested or should I post on quikr?:D
Soon one will require a PAN card for transaction involving vinyl purchases!

Someone should take concrete steps to stop this kind of sales :eek:

It is not healthy, but there is a demand for such things. People pay twice that money for some rare RD Burman records. On ebay and discogs, some records sell for as much as 400-500 US dollars. It's about demand and (lack of) supply.

It is not healthy, but there is a demand for such things. People pay twice that money for some rare RD Burman records. On ebay and discogs, some records sell for as much as 400-500 US dollars. It's about demand and (lack of) supply.

If music companies start releasing old titles on vinyls, even at the current prices (800INR - 1200INR), this practice will be curbed.

If music companies start releasing old titles on vinyls, even at the current prices (800INR - 1200INR), this practice will be curbed.

Labels need to do a lot of analysis before releasing reissues. Lot of people take pride in owning the first pressing on vinyl :eek:hyeah: But yes..if popular albums (whose first LP pressings are going for the price of gold) are released and marketed properly then the labels will make good profit. These days lot of European labels are reissuing rock/metal LPs of the 80s and 90s (that were released on vinyl in very limited quantity back in the day). And the sales have been very impressive.

Also every Record Store Day (this year RSD is on April 19th) various reissues of classic/obscure albums get released. RSD has been a massive success in Australia, Europe and USA. Is there a possibility for RSD to happen here in India? :licklips: I think we all would love something like that right?

RD, i found it in one of my record digging visits to a record store in Utrecht, Netherlands. I was ecstatic when i spotted this one!

I am planning to visit Netherlands in Nov (fingers crossed) during the record fair which is also in Utrecht if I'm not wrong. Hope to bump into you there !

RD

I am planning to visit Netherlands in Nov (fingers crossed) during the record fair which is also in Utrecht if I'm not wrong. Hope to bump into you there !

RD

Utrecht mega record fair is a collector's dream! Check out their site. https://www.recordplanet.nl/en/

The next fair is scheduled on April 12th and 13th but unfortunately I will be in Germany in this period :( and plan to go back to India in May so I will miss this installment as well as the Novemeber record fair. But I am looking forward to the King's Day flea market on 26th April where you have a high chance of finding excellent deals on used records!

If you plan to be in NL during Novemeber, do not miss the fair, there is indeed one planned in autumn/winter. I can also recommend you some excellent record shops in Utrecht...do let me know.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back