Your Latest Vinyl Purchases...

Where do you buy most of your records from?

• Locally (Within India)

Votes: 74 73.3%
  • Abroad (Not Online shopping)

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Ebay

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Discogs

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Other Websites

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters
IS it worth for 5000 Rupees?

Of course not. IMO, no record is worth 5K but that is my opinion based what can I spend over a vinyl record! :)

Aashiqui songs, as we all know are timeless and great, but the mastering for the LP is average to say the least. The CD sounds much much better. Same for Dil Hai ki Manta Nahin.

I bought these two titles collectively for 2400/- bucks quite some time back. Both are twin LP sets.

Yes brother, Sadak has lovely songs with that typical 90's flavor in it. The pressing is good as well. However, even at Kolkata streets (& with other dealers) LPs like Sadak, Dil Hai ki Manta Nahin, Ashiqui etc. are being priced exorbitantly.

For instance, see this link for Aashiqui record: Aashiqui (2LP Set) - SHFLP 1/1372 SHFLP 1/1372A (Bollywood Rare) vinyl lp record

I got Sadak (2 Lp set) for 400/- after a hard bargain.

Yes, it is exorbitantly priced. For the recordings of this period, the CDs are pretty good. Better to go for them!

IMHO "Aashiqui" is not worth for that price, because of very bad pressing. Even "Dil" also same quality(I never heard this quality any other records). "Sadak" is better pressing than "Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin".

Thank you.
Raghunadh

Very true. However, probably the good songs and the charm of owning it on an LP is what has fueled the pricing. I have the 'Dil' LP too and the pressing is awful. Sadak pressing and overall SQ is much much better than all 3.

On another note, have heard a lot of nice things about you and your set ups from forum member Prateek.:)

Yes, it is exorbitantly priced. For the recordings of this period, the CDs are pretty good. Better to go for them!

Yes, but as I said, the charm of owning it on a record is different. However, I think that the street vendors in Kolkata would give it for a much better price. The NGH pricing is definitely on the higher side. As I wrote, I bought the Saturday Night Fever for 400/- bucks for almost brand new record. The same record is sold on NGH for 2K which is substantially higher.:)

Hello Folks!

Finally bought a copy of Saturday Night Fever (2 LP set) for 400 bucks from Kolkata streets. The cover is in good to fair condition but the LPs have hardly saw the stylus. Spanking new!

Great that you managed to find it locally! Always better than buying it on ebay etc..

IMO, no record is worth 5K but that is my opinion based what can I spend over a vinyl record! :)

Well..I'm ready to pay around 5-7k for a record if : it's ridiculously rare + i badly want it (I've paid such a high price only one). I think of it as buying 3/4 records for that price. There are some albums which I think are worth it..

Last edited:
My high price point has been 3K for a couple of albums off eBay and Discogs. I've also had a handful at 2K+, and some at 1K+ off flipkart. Not more than 20 or so in all, I think.

If a record is important to you, and is rare, and you're unlikely to ever find another copy, you sometimes have to bite the bullet. No regrets here.

My high price point has been 3K for a couple of albums off eBay and Discogs. I've also had a handful at 2K+, and some at 1K+ off flipkart. Not more than 20 or so in all, I think.

If a record is important to you, and is rare, and you're unlikely to ever find another copy, you sometimes have to bite the bullet. No regrets here.

I agree with this point of view.

Following records were received today morning. The quality of the records I wont say excellent but are very good.

1. Sitamgarh

2. Kaalia

3. Abhimaan

4. Kudrat

5. Pyar Jhukta Nahin

Regards,

Wow!! on another note, Royal Albert Hall for an Opeth Concert? Sounds odd :D

Haha! Apparently for the first time in history, death growls were heard at the Royal Albert Hall that day :p They celebrated their 20th anniversary by playing there. Great show!

Most recently purchased:

Squeeze - East Side Story
The Buggles - Adventures in Modern Recording
Alison Moyet - Alf
Alison Moyet - Raindancing
Pete Atkin - Master of the revels
Paul Brady, Matt Molloy and Tommy Peoples (shocked to find this in Mumbai! Pristine Irish pressing on the Mulligan Records label)
Dr. M. Balamuralikrishna - Jaya Jaya Deva Hare
Dr. M. Balamuralikrishna - Bhadrachala Ramadasa Krithis
Sankarabharanam - OST

For those who might be interested - Rhythm House has a large number of Beatles records at Rs 1285 apiece. They are remastered, stereo.

Question: has anyone heard the last EMI remastered Beatles on vinyl? Are they good? Outstanding? Or ugly? I want Abbey Road (which was not available) and Sgt Pepper's (which wasn't available either).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back