Your Latest Vinyl Purchases...

Where do you buy most of your records from?

• Locally (Within India)

Votes: 74 73.3%
  • Abroad (Not Online shopping)

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Ebay

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Discogs

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Other Websites

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters
In last 2/3 months I've received almost 25 lp's(6 packets) from Japan. Pre-Diwali they all arrived within 11days max. During/after Diwali it took 17 days. Of course all of them were registered as seller didn't ship unless registered. All the packets were track-able on India/Japan post sites.

Got some records from UK-continent by normal post, reached within 12 working days max. One parcel from UK by "Royal mail signed-for" reached within 6days(Monday to Saturday).

In none of the above cases customs duty was levied.

Elusivedisc recommends one month before raising any issue. More than 30 days IMHO it's time to search.

Bhaskar

Thing is i opted for non-registered shipping. Since I've received non-registered parcels before (from a place as far as Canada) i thought maybe I won't have an issue with a Japanese parcel. Anyway, guess i'll wait for a few more days. I've contacted the seller and he said that he'll refund if I dont get after a few days.

I think Pearl Jam is using some new method called Mail Innovations which is a hybrid of UPS and USPS, but people in the US also have not received some of their records either so maybe it's a screw up on their part. But I have a feeling it's in a customs go down somewhere being ripped open. I have another record on the way that comes with a free T shirt, I really wonder how long that one will take to get here!

On a more positive note, I picked up these two amazing releases today via Flipkart, reached in a week and sound fantastic. Highly recommended.

1) Love - Forever Changes (Mastered by Chris Bellman and cut at RTI)
2) Miles Davis - In a Silent Way (Mofi)

Via Flipkart a few days back:

Linda Thompson - Won't be long now

Her most recent LP, released Oct 14th. Recommended.

Here's my Boo-Ya SCORE from Toronto/Calgary. A pretty interesting score this one. I was on Skype here in India while my friend was in Toronto/Calgary and we searched these from various record stores/sellers found on Craigslist. These vinyls were hand carried back to India.

1. Cream - Fresh Cream
2. Donovan - What's Bin Did And What's Bin Hid
3. Donovan - Barabajagal
4. Procol Harum - The Best Of
5. Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties
6. Blue Oyster Cult - Some Enchanting Evening
7. Yes - The Yes Album
8. Little Feat - The Last Record Album
9. Little Feat - Time Loves A Hero
10. Procol Harum - Grand Hotel
11. Vanilla Fudge - Renaissance
12. Vanilla Fudge - The Beat Goes On
13. The Allman Brothers Band - Self Titled
14. The Byrds - Untitled
15. The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
16. The Byrds - Greatest Hits
17. The Blues Project - Projections
18. Jeff Beck Group - Rough And Ready
19. Jeff Beck Group -
20. Jeff Beck - Wired
21. Jeff Beck - Flash
22. The Lovin' Spoonful - Anthology
23. Procol Harum - Exotic Birds And Fruit
24. Stealers Wheel - Right Or Wrong
25. Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now
26. The Moody Blues - Days Of The Future Passed
27. Procol Harum - Broken Barricades

Here's my Boo-Ya SCORE from Toronto/Calgary. A pretty interesting score this one. I was on Skype here in India while my friend was in Toronto/Calgary and we searched these from various record stores/sellers found on Craigslist. These vinyls were hand carried back to India.

1. Cream - Fresh Cream
2. Donovan - What's Bin Did And What's Bin Hid
3. Donovan - Barabajagal
4. Procol Harum - The Best Of
5. Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties
6. Blue Oyster Cult - Some Enchanting Evening
7. Yes - The Yes Album
8. Little Feat - The Last Record Album
9. Little Feat - Time Loves A Hero
10. Procol Harum - Grand Hotel
11. Vanilla Fudge - Renaissance
12. Vanilla Fudge - The Beat Goes On
13. The Allman Brothers Band - Self Titled
14. The Byrds - Untitled
15. The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
16. The Byrds - Greatest Hits
17. The Blues Project - Projections
18. Jeff Beck Group - Rough And Ready
19. Jeff Beck Group -
20. Jeff Beck - Wired
21. Jeff Beck - Flash
22. The Lovin' Spoonful - Anthology
23. Procol Harum - Exotic Birds And Fruit
24. Stealers Wheel - Right Or Wrong
25. Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now
26. The Moody Blues - Days Of The Future Passed
27. Procol Harum - Broken Barricades

Some really good classics haul there! :clapping:

Just got a deluxe edition of one of my favourite bands albums that got reissued for 10th anniversary. It's called "Magnolia Electric Co." by Songs:Ohia

Funny thing is, it's a 2 LP version with a bonus 10", a deluxe 2CD set and a Tshirt. I got the package sent by normal US post to reach me in Mumbai in less than 2 weeks. It was shipped on Nov 6 and I got it yesterday. I did not pay any duty on this, but was charged duty on a record ordered on Amazon UK which is less than half the cost of this set.

Also my Pearl Jam LP which was shipped October 10th still has not reached!!

I think Indian Postal service is the most confusing thing. I keep scratching my head!

Vashti Bunyan - Lookaftering
Van der Graaf Generator - H to He who am the only one
Roseanne Cash - The List
X - Under the big black sun

Via Flipkart.

Van der Graaf Generator - H to He who am the only one.

Hey which pressing of H to He who am the only one is available at Flipkart? The Back on Black or 4 Men With Beards reissue? And have you given it a spin yet? How does it sound?

Even I want that album and I wouldn't mind to buy the reissue if it sounds really good (Back on Black vinyl reissues sound pretty average IMO).

Last edited:
That's the 4 men with beards 180 gm re-issue. Not spun it yet, but I've had only good experiences with that label. The packaging is top notch. Had most of the early VDGG LPs as originals, but realised that this one might be hard to get these days, in Inidia, as a clean copy on Charisma. On eBay too, they've gone up in value.

Flipkart has upped it's prices for most titles a week or so ago, but not this one. It may well happen too, so you might have to move fast.

That's the 4 men with beards 180 gm re-issue. Not spun it yet, but I've had only good experiences with that label. The packaging is top notch. Had most of the early VDGG LPs as originals, but realised that this one might be hard to get these days, in Inidia, as a clean copy on Charisma. On eBay too, they've gone up in value.

Flipkart has upped it's prices for most titles a week or so ago, but not this one. It may well happen too, so you might have to move fast.

Thanks for the review! I was just looking at the comments on forums about 4 Men with Beards reissues :

4 Men With Beards Reissue Label - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

VDGG "Pawn Hearts" vinyl reissue: 4 Men With Beards label

4 men with beards bad vinyl quality | Better Pressed Records

Pretty much mixed :indifferent14: However most seem to be happy with their copies of VDGG reissues.

Few first pressings (on Charisma and Philips label) of this album is available for decent price on discogs. But the price is 'decent' only if i ship it to someone in the US. Will have to think :confused:

My friend came back from US yesterday after 18 months. He got me some mouthwatering stuff :licklips:

~Benny Goodman ? The Famous 1938 Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert [Columbia Masterworks, 1963 American Reissue, Mono Box Set]~

I found this box-set at Balaji Antiques (Avenue Road, Bangalore) in pathetic condition. He was asking 3k! :indifferent14: I got this for 6$ total. And it's in fantastic condition! The records are a little dirty though. It will need alcohol treatment i think.

~Maudlin of the Well - Part the Second [Antithetic Records, 2010 American press, 2 x 45 RPM]~

~Havok - Time is Up [Restricted Release, 2011 American Press, No : 569/1000]~

~Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve [Nuclear Blast, 2012 German Re-issue, 2 x 45 RPM]~

Last edited:
Hi all,

Bought these from US , my friend carried it by hand. Sourced from amazon.com, ebay.com, and discogs:
Albums are :
Alan Parsons Project- Turn of a friendly card
Eagles : Hotel Californis
Cat People : OST
Osibisa : Ojah Awake
APP : Vulture Culture
Queen : The Game
Fleetwood Mac : Rumors
The Beverly Hills Cop : OST
Wynton Marsalis: Hot house flowers, Think of one
Pretty in Pink : OST
L.Subramaniam : Conversations

N.Murali

Attachments

• IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I found this box-set at Balaji Antiques (Avenue Road, Bangalore) in pathetic condition. He was asking 3k! :indifferent14: I got this for 6$ total. And it's in fantastic condition! The records are a little dirty though. It will need alcohol treatment i think.

The Balaji guys certainly aren't known for dirt cheap prices and politeness.
The one time I visited them and asked them to give a discount of only 50 bucks, I was told I should go to Shivajinagar where sometimes records will come for 10-20 Rs also on the roadside :p
Must say though that their collection is good. Reminds me of the case of MTR where one goes for the quality of food without worrying about the "attitude" :D

Hi all,

Bought these from US , my friend carried it by hand. Sourced from amazon.com, ebay.com, and discogs:
Albums are :
Alan Parsons Project- Turn of a friendly card
Eagles : Hotel Californis
Cat People : OST
Osibisa : Ojah Awake
APP : Vulture Culture
Queen : The Game
Fleetwood Mac : Rumors
The Beverly Hills Cop : OST
Wynton Marsalis: Hot house flowers, Think of one
Pretty in Pink : OST
L.Subramaniam : Conversations

N.Murali

Lovely collection Murali!

Got 45 LPs in a bulk purchase over the weekend. Many of them are foreign pressings. Was a bit busy over the weekend, shall try to put up some pics later today or tomorrow.

Collected few nice albums in mint condition on last week during an official visit to Chennai:)

The Best of Dean Martin
Once Upon A Time Donna Summer (2LP set, got as new sealed condition)
Love Songs Barbra Streisand
A Man Without Love Engelbert
In Time Engelbert
Another Time Another place Engelbert
Moods Neil Diamond (got as new sealed condition)
I want to Live John Denver
Silver - Cliff Richard
Good Bad But Beautiful Shirley Bassey
Shakatak Drivin Hard (got as new sealed condition)
Vox Humana Kenny Loggins

All LPs are cleaned, replaced with new inner sleeves and line up for next week listening.

Inside the Donna Summer LP sleeve found a Polydors business Mailing List letter. Picture attached.

Last edited:
Could anyone Borrow your US\UK friends to me? I dont have any friends in UK\US or even traveling there;)

Last week I visited to a dealers home for garbing some LP's.Mostly Dire stairs,Phil Collins,Beatles etc the LP seems to be in very immaculate condition and when i asked for the cost i got shocked as they were been asked for 1500 INR and Above(1500 INR is starting price of the LP and it varies according to the LP and some LP would comes to 5000 too). I just walked out stating that "If None is going to pick them, give a call to me for some reasonable prize)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back