Your Latest Vinyl Purchases...

Where do you buy most of your records from?

• Locally (Within India)

Votes: 74 73.3%
  • Abroad (Not Online shopping)

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Ebay

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Discogs

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Other Websites

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters
This is a terribly and worrysome development. Lets see if others post similar experiences. Maybe we can write a collective letter or petition to ask them to stop unsealing and damaging the records. Wishful thinking on my part, but something should be done. If the item is sealed from the factory, there is no reason to unseal it.

This is a terribly and worrysome development. Lets see if others post similar experiences. Maybe we can write a collective letter or petition to ask them to stop unsealing and damaging the records. Wishful thinking on my part, but something should be done. If the item is sealed from the factory, there is no reason to unseal it.

These guys don't know how much a buyer values such purchases. Let us hope they won't damage the records next time. Why can't they use X-ray machines to see what is inside than unsealing them?

That is really sad..i really don't know what goes through these peoples' minds while opening and inspecting such parcels. How can someone be devoid of such common sense! Opening a sealed item?! :mad: Btw who do we need to contact? I'm guessing the Delhi foreign post head office?

Hope you receive your Pearl Jam LP soon..and in good condition! Btw the worst part is that, even if you choose a shipment method that has tracking, it's of no use once the package reaches India. Because once it arrives here, there no way to track it (atleast from my experience with USPS, DHL, etc). That is really annoying! It generally takes less than a week to arrive from most foreign countries and after that all the time goes in customs clearance, and there is no way to track its status! Why is the Indian postal service so bad? They handle the foreign parcels so roughly; they don't offer any way to track the parcels that are rotting at customs. Why can't they see the flaw in this system?

You can track all foreign Items at Indiapost website.

Regards
Sachin

I take back my words. Thanks Sachin. I always used to look for the tracking details on the DHL/USPS sites. There it used to say : "The show was recorded on xx.xx.2013 in the destination country of India. Unfortunately, the country of destination India offers no comprehensive tracking to the recipient"

I entered that tracking number (of a very recent package) on the Indian post site and i got the details. So apologies for my rant.

I am not able to track my parcel on India post site. Says invalid number. Mine was shipped from us using Mail Innovations

I am not able to track my parcel on India post site. Says invalid number. Mine was shipped from us using Mail Innovations

Hi tek,

Pl don't use any blank spaces between the text, that maybe reason, I have also got such response earlier.

N.Murali

Hi tek,

Pl don't use any blank spaces between the text, that maybe reason, I have also got such response earlier.

N.Murali

Thanks, but I think this tracking number is a bit different, there are no letters in it, only numbers. Let me see if I can play around with the variations a bit.

Is it worth cost wise to get the LP's in UK and get it via anyone travelling down to india? and what are the good stores in London to get it...

Is it worth cost wise to get the LP's in UK and get it via anyone travelling down to india? and what are the good stores in London to get it...

I've done it twice (my dad got me some records from Scotland). London I don't know but i can tell you you a few shops in Edinburgh (If you're going to London, then it might be worth visiting Edinburgh. It takes 4-5 hours by train. Amazing place apparently!)

-Unknown Pleasures, 110 Canongate, EH8 8DD
-Vinyl Villians, 5 Elm Row, EH7 4AA
-Backtracks Music, 17 Brougham Street, EH3 9SJ.
-Fopp Records, Rose Street, EH2 2PR

These places have an amazing collection of jazz, pop, hard rock, progressive rock, jazz fusion, etc. Fopp has a good collection of metal as well. The prices are very reasonable (except for Fopp maybe which mainly sells new sealed LPs).

Apart from these there are many other shops that sell second hand records (in great condition!) in Edinburgh.

Last edited:
Collected/purchased the below in last 10 days:

Prime Minister Nehru visits America- 78 RPM Cardboard picture disk. Repeat collection. But now got with original Postage cover with printed message.

dw97.jpg

oato.jpg

iz29.jpg

Sankarabaram EPs:

uew1.jpg

y15d.jpg

Seethakoka chilaka - Remake of Allaigal ooyivathillai
g4hc.jpg

4ms1.jpg

Few tamil EPs - mostly Illayaraja. Many of them repeat collections, but this time got with original covers in good condition.
Nowadays it is difficult to get EPs with original cover in good condition.

i3mk.jpg

phqg.jpg

5wm1.jpg

ximp.jpg

t4yi.jpg

8vm6.jpg

xnx5.jpg

75wz.jpg

993g.jpg

fd0c.jpg

asrq.jpg

e5dc.jpg

ob98.jpg

8x7u.jpg

I have a Dual LP version of Ashiqui. This one is single LP.
jlpq.jpg

8dsj.jpg

8jz5.jpg

01zm.jpg

n43b.jpg

Yesterday visited Avenue Road ... Bangalore, and got few LP's

1. Hero
2. Umrao Jaan
3. Jis desh me ganga behti hai
4. satyam shivam sundaram
5. Ek Duje Ke liye
6 Ek Jaan Hai hum

Condition of records are good... after a wash .... Paid 250 Per LP

Regards

Tanoj

I am loving the every "chan chan" sound of the ghungooro from the song " in kaankho ki masti ke" - umrao jaan .... the disk is in super mint condition ..... shining

Last edited:
Thanks peace_sells, One of my relative is coming down from there so was thinking of getting via them so I can save the transport charges or even more lucky then the custom duty as well

I've done it twice (my dad got me some records from Scotland). London I don't know but i can tell you you a few shops in Edinburgh (If you're going to London, then it might be worth visiting Edinburgh. It takes 4-5 hours by train. Amazing place apparently!)

-Unknown Pleasures, 110 Canongate, EH8 8DD
-Vinyl Villians, 5 Elm Row, EH7 4AA
-Backtracks Music, 17 Brougham Street, EH3 9SJ.
-Fopp Records, Rose Street, EH2 2PR

These places have an amazing collection of jazz, pop, hard rock, progressive rock, jazz fusion, etc. Fopp has a good collection of metal as well. The prices are very reasonable (except for Fopp maybe which mainly sells new sealed LPs).

Apart from these there are many other shops that sell second hand records (in great condition!) in Edinburgh.

Just received this today morning. Ordered this from here :
Morbid Angel "Covenant" Full Dynamic Range 20th Anniversary Vinyl

An absolute classic! This is (according to statistics) the highest selling death metal album ever. One of my favourites. I was so happy to hear that this was being reissued on FDR (full dynamic range) on its 20th anniversary that i pre-ordered it! This was available in 5 different versions. I ordered the clear version which is limited to 200.

Some pictures :

And this is what was inside :

A slipmat included too :yahoo:

@peace sells - nice score! How long did it take to arrive and did you pay any duties?

@peace sells - nice score! How long did it take to arrive and did you pay any duties?

You can see the date in the 2nd picture. It says 4th Nov (previous Monday). But I was told that it was dispatched on the 6th (since they sent all the packages together). On the Indian post website it says that the item reached Bangalore on the 9th. But 9th was a Saturday, so i got it today. So pretty quick shipping i must say! They charged 4 pounds for shipping (which is pretty reasonable).

As for customs, again look at the 2nd picture. The 'gift' box is ticked. When any such small parcel is marked as 'gift' the receiver is not supposed to pay any customs. Many sellers say that it is against the law to mark LPs as 'gift' (i think they're right :D). But I have received LPs in the past that have been marked 'documents' and so far I've never paid customs (*touches wood*).

Last edited:
Nice. Yeah I am still waiting for my Pearl Jam vinyl.. it's been over a month since I got the shipping notification from their customer service. I have a bad feeling it's not going to reach me in one piece, if it ever does reach me.

Nice. Yeah I am still waiting for my Pearl Jam vinyl.. it's been over a month since I got the shipping notification from their customer service. I have a bad feeling it's not going to reach me in one piece, if it ever does reach me.

Oh from where did you order it? And which shipping method did you select? Even I have to receive an LP from Japan. The seller shipped it on 18th September by standard airmail! I'm still waiting. Even I'm wondering now if i'll get it. I once received an LP from Canada after almost 4 months! :indifferent14:

............................ Even I have to receive an LP from Japan. The seller shipped it on 18th September by standard airmail! I'm still waiting. Even I'm wondering now if i'll get it. I once received an LP from Canada after almost 4 months! :indifferent14:

In last 2/3 months I've received almost 25 lp's(6 packets) from Japan. Pre-Diwali they all arrived within 11days max. During/after Diwali it took 17 days. Of course all of them were registered as seller didn't ship unless registered. All the packets were track-able on India/Japan post sites.

Got some records from UK-continent by normal post, reached within 12 working days max. One parcel from UK by "Royal mail signed-for" reached within 6days(Monday to Saturday).

In none of the above cases customs duty was levied.

Elusivedisc recommends one month before raising any issue. More than 30 days IMHO it's time to search.

Bhaskar

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back