your view on SONY IV-300 5.1 HT system

Hi guys, i am new here..
I am planning on buying Sony Ht-IV300 as i like its sound compared to my entry level Philips HT. And my primary use is thru External HDD and DTH. But problem i am facing is regarding hdd. i have an 2TB WD Hdd which is surely detected by Sony IV300 but only 1 partition is showing up out of 4 partitions. I tried inserting it at two different sony showrooms, but it had same problem. my hdd is perfectly fine as i tried it in different devices and it worked fine.
Can this problem be resolved by Sony Firmware upgrade?
Pls help me find solution for this.. Thanks

Maybe HD is not supported & basically all sony HT systems play only simple mp4 format via it. I would suggest you to use 32GB PD or if u can then use your hard disk via LED TV and give its optical output to your home theater.

Excellent forum i must say.

About Sony HT IV300: Can anyone please confirm if this product has "Dolby Digital Pro Logic II"??

As far as I researched, Pro Logic II can take normal Stereo input and decodes/converts it to True 5.1 Surround sound. While Pro Logic alone gives equal out put from all the speakers.

HT IV300 gives 5.1 output for DTS input via HDMI. Demo given by showroom guys.

My query is specifically regarding the USB input of MP3 files. If the original file is recorded for 5 ch. o/p then no doubt it will give 5.1 o/p. If original file is a 2 ch. stereo recorded one, then only Pro Logic II will convert it to a true 5.1 Surround Sound.

So, can anyone confirm me that this HT has Pro Logic II??

From specs, it is not clear.

No..It does not have pro logic 11 it has only pro logic, DTS Cinema, DTS music.

Maybe HD is not supported & basically all sony HT systems play only simple mp4 format via it. I would suggest you to use 32GB PD or if u can then use your hard disk via LED TV and give its optical output to your home theater.

Using it through Pen drive is an option. But first i want to make sure that there is no other solution like upgrading firmware..Then i can opt for pen drive.

Hi,

I am planning to buy Sony HT-IV300. My maximum budget is 20k. So I think this will be the best option (Let me know if any other?). I have few questions regarding this model.

I read all the posts in this thread but still I am not able to find the answers

1. I have ordered F&D F6000U before this Sony model comes to my mind. But I came to know that in F&D Model only RCA input is there. So It will be very difficult to connect my DTH, TV and DVD. I read so many positive reviews on F&D. Actually I fall in love with that model because of the bass (I am a bass lover). I want to know how's the bass in Sony HT-IV300 model ? Is is punchy or boomy type ? I want my windows should shake if I put some good music in it. So what about the bass ?

2. Can we control the sound of each speaker ? If we put the speakers on wall, sometimes the distance might cause issue - which will lead to sound difference in the speaker. So can we manually adjust the sound in each speaker ?

3. Is there any control for bass in the woofer (or in remote) ? I mean to increase and decrease the bass alone, not volume.

4. I heard that the cable provided along with the system is not having good length. My hall is 17x16 ft, So I am bit worried about the cable length. Can we cut the provided cable and add additional cables to get proper length ? What type of cables they are provided ? Oxygen free or not ?

its actually a waste of money. says 1000w rms but when you increase volume level above 50% it will starts to make rattling sound. And the sound it produces is not clear. My 630w rms sony gn999ds is 100 times better than this. But its an old age product so no way to give spdif/ optical inputs.

My Living room:
TV: Sony Bravia KDL-42W900B
Sony BDP-S4100 Blu-ray Player.
Denon DHT-X500 Satellite Speakers with amplifier.

Few month back I have bought a Panasonic viera led 3D tv 42 Inch for my bedroom because most of the time the living room occupied by my mom and sister; So here is my bed room system.
My Bed Room:
TV: Panasonic viera led 3D tv 42 Inch,
JBL Cinema sb200 for Dish TV true HD
PS3
I was not satisfy with the sound quality of the JBL sound bar ( SB200) and wanted to buy a complete system for ps3, Dishtv true hd and movies. DVD era is gone. So my option was Yamaha YHT-196 and Sony HT-IV300, Yamaha doesnt play movie through USB so my option was only Sony HT-iv300.
So finally I bought Sony and it was cost me 18000 INR from a local store (sales emporium) Kolkata.
And I am glad I choose Sony, Here is my review.
Pros:
1. It has all type of connectivity. 1 Optical,1 CoAX, 2HDMI input. 1 HDMI output with audio return channel.
2. Bluetooth ( SBC sound mode only no APTX)
3. Screen Mirroring. I cast movies from my Nexus 5 to the sony system its working like charm.
4. NFC (using gaana.com, saavan from my nexus 5 sound quality ok.
5. Multi format Playability via USB -MKV, MP3, XVID , FLAC, VOB and mre
6. Tested play dolby digital, DD plus, DD true HD, DD prologic, DTS DTS HD, DTS ES, LPCM, AAC 5.1,
7. 5.1 surround Effect from start movies HD, Movies Now + HD, STAR GOLD HD through Dish Tv True HD. Other Channels are LPCM 2.0 which is not so bad.
8. Sonys Clear Audio+ is kool Its work like Dolby Prologic 2 . I mean stimulate stereo to 5.1 every efficiently.
9. Dialogue is really clear.
10. Speaker aesthetic is the best thing which I found in this system. I mean the speaker placement can be diagonal or straight up to your listening area or sweet spot.
11. Surprisingly it can play DTS MA or MASTER AUDIO 5.1 but I feel it play as DTS core. When I play Gravity through USB ( file size was 9.89 GB) shows DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO 5.1 48KHZ 2.1 MBPS.
Cons:
1. I feel Bass is little over thumping.

2. Playing mp3 is bit plasticy; however music through FLAC format is good.
3. Very good for Movie lover, Average for Music lover.
Hello, this is my first question on this forum.
Do the clearaudio , music, movie, etc sound effects presets on 'Sony IV300', force all sounds from all speakers?
I mean like the Dolby prologic 2 algorithm sends the center panned sounds to the center speaker, left right sounds to left right speakers and intelligently detected sounds to the rear speakers. In addition to that Dolby prologic 2 also sends bit of center panned audio to left right speakers, and bit of left right panned audio to rear left right speakers.
My question is that do those presets in Sony do similar thing like prologic, or do they just force even mono sounds to all speakers instead of just the center speaker? This can be tested by playing a mono sound or channel and going near all the speakers to hear if they are producing sound.
I do not like when the person is standing in the center of the screen but his voice audible also in the rear speakers. That is why I asked this question.
Thankyou, in advance to any Sony home theater owner who takes out his precious time to answer my question.

Hello, this is my first question on this forum.
Do the clearaudio+, music, movie, etc sound effects presets on 'Sony IV300', force all sounds from all speakers?
I mean like the Dolby prologic 2 algorithm sends the center panned sounds to the center speaker, left right sounds to left right speakers and intelligently detected sounds to the rear speakers. In addition to that Dolby prologic 2 also sends bit of center panned audio to left right speakers, and bit of left right panned audio to rear left right speakers.
My question is that do those presets in Sony do similar thing like prologic, or do they just force even mono sounds to all speakers instead of just the center speaker? This can be tested by playing a mono sound or channel and going near all the speakers to hear if they are producing sound.
I do not like when the person is standing in the center of the screen but his voice audible also in the rear speakers. That is why I asked this question.
Thankyou, in advance to any Sony home theater owner who takes out his precious time to answer my question.

I am facing random audio drops from HT using Tatasky or any other source except Pen Drive. All connected HDMI cables are high grade. Any help?

:sad:
Congratulations on your purchase.

1) Does your system do DTSHD-MA or Dolby HD decoding? What are the other HD audio decoding formats it supports?

2) DTS and dolby digital are old hat and it has been there for nearly a decade.

3) What is the watts in RMS according to your manual?

4) Is the subwoofer powered or non powered?

5) Does this subwoofer carry individual adjustments or does just a wire go from the receiver to the subwoofer?

I tried the technical specification page in the Sony website, it does not even open!!!

Thanks

Vinod

Hi Please, check out booming sound which echoes from subwoofer. I was unaware and purchased and now there is no potion given in ivt 300 to redux or alter the subwoofer booming sound which is very heavy to listen

I bought HTiB IV-300 recently. Its good in sound quality and enough for 15 x 15 feet room.

I was connected the device to internet using Wifi. I don't know what is the purpose of Wifi in it. Is it only for software update and miracast.
Does it support DLNA streaming from my computer? I have tried this but I can play files from the HTiB from my computer, no option found for playing files from my computer on this HTiB. Disappointed with Wifi.

Is it support subtitle files (.SRT) from USB play back?

Would like to clarify above points.

Thanks in advance....

Hi Friends, I am looking for a home theatre system to my hall. Hall size is 256 sq ft (16 x 16). Is YHT 2910 right for this? Anybody suggest me. Also I am expecting reviews about YHT 2910.

Thanking you.

Hi Friends, I am looking for a home theatre system to my hall. Hall size is 256 sq ft (16 x 16). Is YHT 2910 right for this? Anybody suggest me. Also I am expecting reviews about YHT 2910.

Thanking you.
There can't be single right and wrong for this. Yht 2910 can certainly fill 16x16 room. What is your budget, requirement movies vs music, sources, etc?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I have tried so much to play the contents of the external Hard disc attached to the Home Theater through DLNA on my Laptop or Mobile but no success. Has anybody done that. If yes, please help me and explain the process

I've just ordered the IV-300, wondering if its a good choice even though its an old model. But I can't find any HT <20k that comes with an avr and that supports DTS-HD MA or Dolby Truhd. The Yamaha 1840 looks good but doesn't support DTS-HD MA or Dolby Truhd.

does anyone know if thr iv300 supports dolby/dts via usb?

Hi to all ................ please do suggest how to overcome overpower bass in HT IV 300 I have all ready adjusted bass level but still there no depth in bass please help all awaiting for your precious replies............... thank you in advance

Hi to all ................ please do suggest how to overcome overpower bass in HT IV 300 I have all ready adjusted bass level but still there no depth in bass please help all awaiting for your precious replies............... thank you in advance
Well that’s how it is supposed to sound. All sony HTIB subs are boomy and muddy. If you want true and deep bass you need to switch to a HT set up with an active subwoofer. The Sony sub has its limits and you can’t do much. Having said that to get the best from the sub you can isolate it from the floor by keeping it over a yoga mat or a gym tile. Also you can try different placements.

Back