your view on SONY IV-300 5.1 HT system

Hi Dipak,

As far as I know, 5.1 channel will only be available through HDMI port. (If your TV has optical audio out, which is unlikely, you may use optical converter. But that costs about 5k INR.) So if your DTH supports 5.1 channel output through HDMI it will work with the HT IV300. But HT video output is not there through any other port other than HDMI. You may need to connect your STB to the TV directly through the normal composite connector that you may already be using or component connectors, if it is there. Am not sure if the STB can simultaneously send audio signal through HDMI and video through composite/component connectors. I would suggest you to take your STB to Sony showroom and test it out. My hunch is, it should work. But you should test it before doing a purchase.

If you ask the Sony service people, am not sure if you would get a proper answer. The person who came to install the HT set for me did not know anything about connections and his superior on phone also mentioned that audio wont be available through HDMI and I have to get optical connector, which is sold separately. This is absolutely absurd and incorrect. They don't even know that there are various types of HDMI cables. So don't expect them to give a proper technical answer. Just check it yourself.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Indrajit

Been using it for over 6 months now. On of the tips for using with Tata Sky HD is to use the mode "Digital Music". Else the audio would be too low. Also don't forget to enable "Dolby Digital +" from User settings in set top box.

Hi
I wanted to know if anyone who purchased the system is facing av sync issues? I read about it on few reviews. I want to know especially when the dth is connected to ht and then hdmi out of ht to tv

@aneesh

I initially connected AirTel STB HD+ to HT and there were a few issues on switching the systems. I reconfigured and connected to STB to TV (Samsung 51 F5500) and TV HDMI(ARC) to HT. Now I don't have any problem at all. All seem to work seamlessly. All three devices have integrated to one.

I always felt the sound is too loud.

Today I just brought down the levels of front and left speakers to -6. Post which loudness is less and good bass effect.

Been using it for over 6 months now. On of the tips for using with Tata Sky HD is to use the mode "Digital Music". Else the audio would be too low. Also don't forget to enable "Dolby Digital +" from User settings in set top box.

With digital music option, I doubt if surround will happen.

Hi I have demoed IV300 and onkyo and Yamaha.... Sony brand is just home edition. Yamaha onkyo and all is professional brand.. actually it's worth for money. I have got yht 299 for 33k and I am using it for movies and music. though it's 635rms its really cool.

Excellent forum i must say.

About Sony HT IV300: Can anyone please confirm if this product has "Dolby Digital Pro Logic II"??

As far as I researched, Pro Logic II can take normal Stereo input and decodes/converts it to True 5.1 Surround sound. While Pro Logic alone gives equal out put from all the speakers.

HT IV300 gives 5.1 output for DTS input via HDMI. Demo given by showroom guys.

My query is specifically regarding the USB input of MP3 files. If the original file is recorded for 5 ch. o/p then no doubt it will give 5.1 o/p. If original file is a 2 ch. stereo recorded one, then only Pro Logic II will convert it to a true 5.1 Surround Sound.

So, can anyone confirm me that this HT has Pro Logic II??

From specs, it is not clear.

The 8th Point "Sonys Clear Audio+ is kool Its work like Dolby Prologic 2 . I mean stimulate stereo to 5.1 every efficiently."

Please tell me if it really works like Pro Logic II. Can it convert stereo encoded files to 5.1 surround sound effect??

My Living room:
TV: Sony Bravia KDL-42W900B
Sony BDP-S4100 Blu-ray Player.
Denon DHT-X500 Satellite Speakers with amplifier.

Few month back I have bought a Panasonic viera led 3D tv 42 Inch for my bedroom because most of the time the living room occupied by my mom and sister; So here is my bed room system.
My Bed Room:
TV: Panasonic viera led 3D tv 42 Inch,
JBL Cinema sb200 for Dish TV true HD
PS3
I was not satisfy with the sound quality of the JBL sound bar ( SB200) and wanted to buy a complete system for ps3, Dishtv true hd and movies. DVD era is gone. So my option was Yamaha YHT-196 and Sony HT-IV300, Yamaha doesnt play movie through USB so my option was only Sony HT-iv300.
So finally I bought Sony and it was cost me 18000 INR from a local store (sales emporium) Kolkata.
And I am glad I choose Sony, Here is my review.
Pros:
1. It has all type of connectivity. 1 Optical,1 CoAX, 2HDMI input. 1 HDMI output with audio return channel.
2. Bluetooth ( SBC sound mode only no APTX)
3. Screen Mirroring. I cast movies from my Nexus 5 to the sony system its working like charm.
4. NFC (using gaana.com, saavan from my nexus 5 sound quality ok.
5. Multi format Playability via USB -MKV, MP3, XVID , FLAC, VOB and mre
6. Tested play dolby digital, DD plus, DD true HD, DD prologic, DTS DTS HD, DTS ES, LPCM, AAC 5.1,
7. 5.1 surround Effect from start movies HD, Movies Now + HD, STAR GOLD HD through Dish Tv True HD. Other Channels are LPCM 2.0 which is not so bad.
8. Sonys Clear Audio+ is kool Its work like Dolby Prologic 2 . I mean stimulate stereo to 5.1 every efficiently.
9. Dialogue is really clear.
10. Speaker aesthetic is the best thing which I found in this system. I mean the speaker placement can be diagonal or straight up to your listening area or sweet spot.
11. Surprisingly it can play DTS MA or MASTER AUDIO 5.1 but I feel it play as DTS core. When I play Gravity through USB ( file size was 9.89 GB) shows DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO 5.1 48KHZ 2.1 MBPS.
Cons:
1. I feel Bass is little over thumping.

2. Playing mp3 is bit plasticy; however music through FLAC format is good.
3. Very good for Movie lover, Average for Music lover.

I recently purchased HT-IV300, everything is fine. Overall look is good, Voice is good. But I am not able to connect my Samsung S4 smart phone with HT using Screen Mirroring. Has anybody faced this issue? If yes, any solution on this?

Thanks all for this post of Sony iv-300 DTH. Posts like these help people like me who are planning to buy this product Also gives good info of iv-300. Planning to buy this specially to connect to my Tatasky. I am also planning to upgrade my TV to Sony Android KDL-43W950C TV. At home i am the only one who is interested to watch movies with home-theatre experience and DTH with 5.1 experience so this product fulfills all my requirements.
Tatasky has only one HDMI port which will go to iv-300 and then from iv-300 to TV. I suppose i need to always keep iv-300 powered on to watch tatasky on TV.
Can someone who is using iv-300 give me an idea of watching tatasky on TV without powering on iv-300, removing HDMI cable from iv-300 and plugging into TV back and forth will be a hectic job. Please help.

Tatasky has only one HDMI port which will go to iv-300 and then from iv-300 to TV. I suppose i need to always keep iv-300 powered on to watch tatasky on TV.
Can someone who is using iv-300 give me an idea of watching tatasky on TV without powering on iv-300, removing HDMI cable from iv-300 and plugging into TV back and forth will be a hectic job. Please help.

Hi Sailesh,

Please check whether the tata sky stb has Coaxial or optical port for digital audio out. Check for the same in IV-300 also. If same out/in pair (either optical or coaxial) present in both, you can connect through that for audio. In that case, connect HDMI cable directly from stb to TV for video.
So, when you don't need IV-300, only HDMI cable will give you sound through TV.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Suhrid

Hi Sailesh,

Please check whether the tata sky stb has Coaxial or optical port for digital audio out. Check for the same in IV-300 also. If same out/in pair (either optical or coaxial) present in both, you can connect through that for audio. In that case, connect HDMI cable directly from stb to TV for video.
So, when you don't need IV-300, only HDMI cable will give you sound through TV.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Suhrid

Tata SKY has optical out. I have connected Tata SKY through HDMI to TV and optical out to AVR, this way I can keep the AVR off and still watch TV with its own speakers. When I want to listen to HD channels or any movie that I like, I switch on the AVR and the Dolby sound is given to AVR through optical out.

Hi neoonwheels,

Thanks for the reply. I had called tataky customer care to inquire for optical out in Tatasky HD box. They told me that all Tataksy hd boxes have optical out option. Which model of tatasky do you have.

Hi neoonwheels,

Thanks for the reply. I had called tataky customer care to inquire for optical out in Tatasky HD box. They told me that all Tataksy hd boxes have optical out option. Which model of tatasky do you have.

Mine is Tata Sky HD which I bought in 2012. I dont know if it has any model number or something.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back