your view on SONY IV-300 5.1 HT system

Well that’s how it is supposed to sound. All sony HTIB subs are boomy and muddy. If you want true and deep bass you need to switch to a HT set up with an active subwoofer. The Sony sub has its limits and you can’t do much. Having said that to get the best from the sub you can isolate it from the floor by keeping it over a yoga mat or a gym tile. Also you can try different placements.
Thank you bro

@Love4sound i am tired of searching this answer hope i can get here. i have tested the IV300 with the test files with DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS audio. Video play flawless but with the message saying that audio format is not supported. i have tested it in inbuilt USB port. I have Sony LED FHD with HDMI ARC and i have connected it via HTiBs ARC out. my question is how do i get that audio work. can i play these videos with external BD Player if yes then why this HTiB have USB Port... please do answer waiting for your reply thank you in advance

@Love4sound i am tired of searching this answer hope i can get here. i have tested the IV300 with the test files with DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS audio. Video play flawless but with the message saying that audio format is not supported. i have tested it in inbuilt USB port. I have Sony LED FHD with HDMI ARC and i have connected it via HTiBs ARC out. my question is how do i get that audio work. can i play these videos with external BD Player if yes then why this HTiB have USB Port... please do answer waiting for your reply thank you in advance
Is it in Mkv format? I have a Sony Blu-ray player which plays everything but Dolby digital plus and Dolby tru HD in mkv format I get the same error. Video plays smoothly but will get an error message as audio not supported

there is avr included in the bundle along with 5.1 speaker set

Not really trying to dampen your excitement levels as regards to your HTIB, but technically Sony has not launched it's AVR as of yet.

I also used to have Sony HTIB few years back and used to consider it as the real home theatre till I heard sound through Yamaha/Denon. HFV members opened my eyes. I can understand that budget is always the main constraint but if even if you start with used gear which will really fit in your budget, I bet you'll be much happy. The kind of robust connectivity you'll have with AVR from Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo & Pioneer, you'll not have that with Sony HTIB.

Just take a demo of one of these system and you'll realize the difference.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back