10 foot interconnect = does a forum member have a need?

suri

Hi all,

i recently received a consignment containing an amplifier and cables.

while my order was for a 1 foot analogue interconnect, what i got was a 10 foot interconnect.

the make is CALRAD - I DO NOT HAVE USE FOR THIS 10 foot analogue interconnect.

If there is a forum member who needs this, please let me know and send me your address and I will send it you free of cost - i will even pay courier costs:cool:

Hey that's so kind of you Suri. Am sure someone here will definitely have the need for a lengthy interconnect.

Kudos!

Is it RCA? I need to place my HTPC next to my A/V rack and need approx 5 feet for it. Thats still 5 feet too many though :)

Edit: My HTPC will only be ready by end of year. If anybody genuinely needs the extra length I will gladly defer. :)

Regards

Last edited:
Is it RCA? I need to place my HTPC next to my A/V rack and need approx 5 feet for it. Thats still 5 feet too many though :)

Edit: My HTPC will only be ready by end of year. If anybody genuinely needs the extra length I will gladly defer. :)

Regards

hi gobble,

it is RCA/RCA - the best available and i will send it to you - please send me address and phone number.

and i will be in bangalore in a few days time and i will be visiting soundsgreat to hear his system - i would like to hear your system too-
if it is convenient could i visit?

hi gobble,

it is RCA/RCA - the best available and i will send it to you - please send me address and phone number.

And I will be in bangalore in a few days time and i will be visiting soundsgreat to hear his system - i would like to hear your system too-
if it is convenient could i visit?

That will be great! But my new speakers only arrive next week. We can listen to the Diamond 9.2s while I hide my embarrassment :eek:

If you come end of next week, the Audire Callistos with Fostex 166E will be happy to entertain you :) Will PM you my cell. Its a bedroom system so I hope you will be comfortable with us sitting as if on a life raft on the swollen Kosi river :)

Looking forwards to meeting you. And thanks for the offer - but please let us wait for someone who really needs 10 feet to reply first.

Kind Regards

Hai Gobble,

What is the Price of your Audire Callistos with Fostex 166E FR.

Thanks,

N.Murali.

Last edited:
You might need it for subwoofer....why give it ?

hi cha indian,

in that same consignment i received a pair of 20 foot subwoofer RCA/RCA.

and a 1 foot interconnect was supposed to connect preamp to power; instead what was shipped was a 10 foot IC

cheers

Last edited:
Hi,

Before I post anything here, A thing I want to mention !

Guys please don't shoot me for the below :D !!

Ok since thats taken care of,Suri can I suggest you an idea ??

it is RCA/RCA - the best available

If it is indeed the best (Am not doubting :) ) then why not cut it to the size you need and put it to use ??

Or if you are in so generous mood then perhaps the rest can be given to the people who need it, you can even make 1mtr pair and give it to folks for testing its quality !

I don't mind such pair myself ;)! I can test the sound quality of it compared to my own DIY IC and couple of others :)!!

If you need any help in making it multiple 1mtr pair I can always lend you my hand !

Just a thought :) ! let me know yours

Regards.

Hi Suri,

That is too generous of you to make such an offer. if gobble can forgive me and also if the cable can be used for a Sub woofer I would be interested in that cable as I am tight on Budget and need a Subwoofer cable approx. of that length to place my Sub. If it is okay and didn't promise anyone I would like to receive that.

Thanks and regards

Great idea!! With Neuterik connectors a lot of people can be happy.

Only who is going to take the trouble of making so many cut size cables?

Cheers

Hai Gobble,

I will take a pair if the SQ of IC is good. Let us make one pair as Soundsgreat has suggested. I feel if Soundsgreat certifies, then I think other pairs can be made and distributed, on cost to cost basis.

Just my 2 cents.

N.Murali

Last edited:
Hi Suri,

That is too generous of you to make such an offer. if gobble can forgive me and also if the cable can be used for a Sub woofer I would be interested in that cable as I am tight on Budget and need a Subwoofer cable approx. of that length to place my Sub. If it is okay and didn't promise anyone I would like to receive that.

Thanks and regards

I forgive you :) In any case I had planned to put it to use only late this year.
I don't need it so desperately :)

Cheers

Dear Suri,

The idea suggested by soundsgreat is damn good. If it is proceeding in that direction, please reserve one for me.

If you wish to pass it to someone without surgery, please give it to the person who has requested first. If no one is interested, I am in. I will be happy to connect it to my subwoofer.

regards

Hi soundsgreat,

I will send the cable to you at

#85/3 Near Venkateshwara Schoool,Vishwanatheshwara Temple Street,Nagashetthally Sanjaynagar Post,Bangalore-560094

please make cables out of this as forum members want - meanwhile you could also compare your IC with this and post results

@gobble - that was generous of you!

regards
suri

if these are good cables suri, why don't you at least take some payment for it, that way you can make sure the people who ask for it are a bit serious :) I myself am looking to get an interconnect, but only of 1 meter, if the spliting is happening, i wouldn't mind paying for a 1m interconnect.

Otherwise i am considering picking up a chord crimson interconnect, any views on that?

@gobble - that was generous of you!

regards
suri

Suri-ji

Thou art the giver not me. We all owe you a big thank you :)

PS: SoundsGreat I would like a 12 or 18 inch IC with Neuterik connectors if you are making one. If nothing is left in the mad scramble a 4 inch IC for pre-out to main-in will also do. Will bear the cost of course :)

Gobble,

Thank you very much.I am seeing so many good guys around me. I must agree this is one of the very few forums where we have discussions rather than arguments.

Thanks to all you guys for sharing your knowledge and helping others.

Thanks and regards

Soundsgreat,

The ball is in your court!:)

are you willing to conduct surgery?

if not, the consensus is to send the cable to Only_me.

please reply tout de suite:)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back