10 foot interconnect = does a forum member have a need?

if these are good cables suri, why don't you at least take some payment for it, that way you can make sure the people who ask for it are a bit serious :) I myself am looking to get an interconnect, but only of 1 meter, if the spliting is happening, i wouldn't mind paying for a 1m interconnect.

Otherwise i am considering picking up a chord crimson interconnect, any views on that?

Hi psychotropic,

i think soundsgreat will have to buy the terminations, and forum members can pay him costs, but I owe much more to the forum, and therefore seeking payment would be diluting my intent :)

regarding the chord crimson IC = if soundsgreat is willing to split the cable and terminate, use one of these, probably would cost you one- tenth, and would not be very much inferior with respect to sq

regards

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Really nice of Suri to give the cable.
SGs idea is superb, that way 3/4 guys get decent ICs. If SG is willing to make them great, otherwise another option is to just send unterminated 1 m pairs and the guys can choose whatever RCAs they deem fit. Anyone will solder them on for a small charge.
Psychotropic why are u wasting money on Chord crimson and the likes. As cranky suggested just make your own (not difficult at all) or buy used. Belden is a great option too though i dont know bglore availability.
Rgds

Last edited:
Hi,

First off Sorry for the delayed reply :p! whole of yesterday I was out and only came home very late so only couldn't post !

Ok now coming to the business :D ! I have already told you that Am more then happy to do the corrective surgery and make to the length that we all can use ;)!

With 1mtr as standard,we can have 10 pairs !! so 10 people can have them,although Am in favor of paying for the cables as others have suggested but will leave the Ultimate decision to Suri since he has taken this decision after some deliberation ;) !

Now coming to the Termination, I can use the one's Rahul suggested (though Am not particularly happy with them,No offense my friend ;) ) or I can use what I have used in My DIY IC !! else if any other alternative one's can be pitched in Am all game for it !!

Also I want a consensus from all 10 guys who want these IC as to how much they are ready to pay for the Terminations ?? once we have that then and only then shall I commence the project :p ! its a must since they have to pay for the termination it will better to take what their pockets can support ! Am very sorry but Am not in a position to buy them on my own and make :sad: !!

So guys please do let me know bout this ! also the wanted list as we can only have 10 people ! so first come first serve basis :eek:hyeah: !!

Oh Forgot to add,Suri you can bring the cable along with you when you come ! by then we will finalise the Termination and such,so no need to hurriedly send it through courier and spend money on it !

Regards.

Last edited:
Thanks soundsgreat,

the interconnect will be sent today by PROFESSIONAL COURIER.

best of luck with surgery, but i think nine and one half IC's are what you will get ( with wastage and termination).

anyways, gobble needs (also) a 4 inch IC between preamp and main, so that will be perfect:)

update - has been sent and you should receive it tomorrow or the day after.

also in the package are the two latest audioexpress and the madisound parts catalogue

Last edited:
Hi,

Hmm I think by the time I edited my post you posted :p! Suri as I said there's no rush so you can bring it along with you !

but i think nine and one half IC's are what you will get ( with wastage and termination).

Well Usually I take the end to end measurement of the cable ( Perhaps wrong but thats what I do ) so that means the termination is also taken into account ! that way strictly speaking the bare length of the cable will be approx .9mts ;) ! so I think we can squeeze 10 pairs in !! I can manage to minimize the wastage to almost negligible limits if not nil !!

Regards.

Is this cable better than Belden cables used by BJC? I am able to find the same belden cables in bangalore.

Last edited:
Hai Sounds great,

Pl give us some option of Makes for the Interconnect along with their cost (incl of solder etc) and rating of SQ (may be x/10) so that each of us can decide. Also Thanks for you and Mr.Suri for this great help for the fellow members. Pl I suggest you to take advance payment, as also assured order, since you need not bear the initial financial burden. Looking forward for your early reply.

Thanks,

N.Murali.

Last edited:
Hi,

Guys its a 10 ft IC so about 3M.
10 ICS of 1M will not be possible!
Rgds

OMG
Damn,Thanks dinyaar ! Suri could you please clarify the same ??

Is this cable better than Belden cables used by BJC? I am able to find the same belden cables in bangalore.

Sajith the one's available here didn't bake my noodles :p ! so I don't know !

Pl give us some option of Makes for the Interconnect along with their cost (incl of solder etc) and rating of SQ (may be x/10) so that each of us can decide.

Murali Am sorry I didn't understand the first part of the above ! do you mean the RCA Terminations ??

If its indeed the RCA's then here it goes. as with the solder and stuff NO CHARGE :D !!

1. Sunrise ( Taiwan ) = 100 / piece
  2. Neutrix = 220-250 (Approx not sure )/ piece
  3. The One I've Used (Taiwan OEM )= 400 / piece
  4. DAC = 300 - 800 /piece
  5. CMC (USA) = 750/ Piece

Now coming to the second part,if you mean the sound quality of the Interconnect then I cannot post coz I've not heard it and hence there's noway of knowing that !

Anything else guys ??

Regards.

Hi SG
Any pics of the Interconnects?

Hold back on the 4 inch IC I will need a 12 or 18inch one only since I may get a tube preamp later this year.

Cheers

Hai Soundsgreat,

I meant the RC connectors only.

Thanks for your reply. I suggest the cable can be split to 6 or 7 nos if it is only 10 feet. Because as rightly pointed out by some, 30 cms would suffice between source and amp. Also for me Rs.300/- per RCA connector is acceptable. You can take my order for One interconnect. Pl confirm mode of payment.

Thanks,

N Murali.

@ Dinyaar,

absolutely, i have been an idiot about this - yes, the cable is 10 feet long RCA/RCA. = 3 metres!:eek:

@soundsgreat - when you get the cable and dissect, you will be able to judge and tell forum members what to expect.

also look up Rams cables on the web - this cable was purchased at this site - maybe you can glean some information from the specs provided:)

Hey, I would be happy paying for what the others are paying and 400 bucks for "the one you use" sounds pretty good as well. Once again I will defer to others who have a more pressing need for these ICs.

And yes soundsgreat, you should take advance payment.

Hi,

absolutely, i have been an idiot about this - yes, the cable is 10 feet long RCA/RCA. = 3 metres!

@soundsgreat - when you get the cable and dissect, you will be able to judge and tell forum members what to expect.

also look up Rams cables on the web - this cable was purchased at this site - maybe you can glean some information from the specs provided

Suri Thanks for the clarification :)!

Ok its confirmed,now we can only have 3 pair these :p !! so I say the top three contenders are

1) Rahul
2)Murali
3)Psycho

Can we freeze on them ?? Please do confirm !!

Hi SoundsGreat,

Where in Bangalore do you source these RCA connectors ?

Prashant Not Bangalore persay but I have some sources through which I can arrange ;)!

Hi SG
Any pics of the Interconnects?

Which one's dear ??

Hai Soundsgreat,

I meant the RC connectors only.

Thanks for your reply. I suggest the cable can be split to 6 or 7 nos if it is only 10 feet. Because as rightly pointed out by some, 30 cms would suffice between source and amp. Also for me Rs.300/- per RCA connector is acceptable. You can take my order for One interconnect. Pl confirm mode of payment.

Thought so myself,so only asked ;) ! Murali making 6 would consitute .5mtr pair per person which may not sufficiant to all,so as I've mentioned above 3 persons should be the ideal option ! but however if all agree to .5mtr I have no probs ;)!

Hey, I would be happy paying for what the others are paying and 400 bucks for "the one you use" sounds pretty good as well. Once again I will defer to others who have a more pressing need for these ICs.

And yes soundsgreat, you should take advance payment

Ok Good, right then can we free the 400Bucks RCA's ???

As with the payment please mail me([email protected]) and I will send my SBI A/C # so that you can deposit the sum in your local branch ;) !!

Again please feel free to add details or other options ! we shall not rush into this as once the cable is cut there's very little that we can to undo it :p !!

Regards.

Hey SG

I want - 18 inches will do for me. I can pay you in person You will want to listen to my new speakers at my home anyways ... :)

Cheers

The two persons who take the end cables will have to pay for only one pair of RCA plugs!! :D

I don't mean any offense to anyone, but I do feel that cutting cable into pieces is not a very good idea. You will only be spoiling a good cable.

If you find it too long to be used as an interconnect, you can think of making it 2 x 10' cables by partitioning the L/R wires, to connect sub woofers. Or add a good quality female-to-female single RCA connector and make it 20' cable. It can be so useful to connect a remote sub.

My last opinion: freebies (especially valuable like these) should be given to senior members (in case they require) as they devote so much time here helping others, rather than giving it to a fly by member. You should decide say minimum 100 posts or whatever.

Sorry again if I have offended any of you.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back