10 foot interconnect = does a forum member have a need?

Hi,

Hey Folks good news,the cable has come to me :yahoo:!

Now the Bad news:indifferent14: ! The RCA's that I proposed,in that we can only use some of them as the cable thickness is not that much ! I initially thought it to be somewhere in the range of 6-8MM so shortlisted them ! but its not so cannot use that now !

So will use alternative one's not a worry but need a firm commitment from the guys bout the price and length !

Are you guys sure of .5mtrs ??? coz again I say once I cut it,its done !

Awaiting reply from you guys ;) !!

Regards.

Hi,

So will use alternative one's not a worry but need a firm commitment from the guys bout the price and length !

Are you guys sure of .5mtrs ??? coz again I say once I cut it,its done !

Awaiting reply from you guys ;) !!
Hai SG,

Pl go ahead. 0.5 m is OK for me and Psycho. But does the thickness alter the SQ.

Thanks,

N.Murali

0.5mtr is good. So The cable is too thin for the RCA connectors you had in mind?

Cheers

hi sg,

how much i should pay? I will drop in tomorrow and pay cash, if it is ok with you.

regards

Hi,

Ohh Darn in a hurry I forgot to thank you, Suri my friend for the Madisound Catalog and the Mags ! So kind of you:signthankspin: !!

Hai SG,

Pl go ahead. 0.5 m is OK for me and Psycho. But does the thickness alter the SQ.

0.5mtr is good. So The cable is too thin for the RCA connectors you had in mind?

Ok Cool then .5mtr it shall be :)!!

Murali,No not at all ! the reason for me to post that was,by seeing the pic that Suri had attached I kind got the impression that it was bit thicker and hence proposed a certain type of RCA's which would take such thick cables ! thats all nothing more to it ;) !!

Rahul got the answer with I hope !

hi sg,

how much i should pay? I will drop in tomorrow and pay cash, if it is ok with you.

I have to see now which RCA is suitable for this and take the pricing accordingly,So shall post the cost of the RCA soon !! Then perhaps you can drop in.

Regards.

thank you Suri and SG. I will wait for you post SG. Pl. let me know the approximate amount, I will pay today itself, otherwise I won't be in town, and i will be back on next saturday only and I will pay at that time.

regards

SG
Before you slice and dice the cable just a quick question - is a typical subwoofer cable good for CDP<>AMP? Reason being the frequency range involved for a sub is quite narrow - the upper range does not matter. Unless the speaker signals also pass-through the sub. I've never used a sub so I dont know. Perhaps someone can clarify.

Regards

SG
Before you slice and dice the cable just a quick question - is a typical subwoofer cable good for CDP<>AMP? Reason being the frequency range involved for a sub is quite narrow - the upper range does not matter. Unless the speaker signals also pass-through the sub. I've never used a sub so I dont know. Perhaps someone can clarify.

Regards
Gobble,

i hope you do not mind if I butt in, but just to clarify,

the cable sent to soundsgreat is NOT a subwoofer cable, but an ANALOGUE INTERCONNECT actually suited for connecting analogue output of CDP to amplifier.:)

there are 3 guys wanting 0.5metres

is there any remaining

Last edited:
there are 3 guys wanting 0.5metres

is there any remaining

Hai Magma,

Actually there are 4,

1) Rahul
2) Murali
3) Psycho
4) Buswal

So, the Balance will be 10ft-6ft=4ft (or) 2x60cm left. Anybody else can also place order so that SG can finish the job in 1 go.

N Murali

sorry asked a question i found the answer to

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry guys from morning was bit busy with some R&D on my phone:lol: ! I've started a new thread on it please read the details there !

Ok back to business :D !!

Rahul I hope you got the answer you were looking for ;)!!

So, the Balance will be 10ft-6ft=4ft (or) 2x60cm left. Anybody else can also place order so that SG can finish the job in 1 go.

Ohh Brother !! Murali my friend Am not selling anything :p So no ordering :lol:!!

Ok on more serious note,yes could you guys please decide and finalise so that I can start the work ?? Am in no hurry but I guess the more we prolong the more it gets crowded (No offense meant to anyone ;)) !

Note : Buswal has not confirmed the length so far,so if we are to add him he should confirm he's ok with the said length ;)!

Awaiting your replies !

Regards.

Last edited:
umm
count me in for the remaining 4 foor then(if no one else is in)
SG you havent enlightened us about the cost yet
what rca's will you be using?

edit: does anyone have any experience on these intersonnects?
SG why dont you use the intersonnect as is currently and give us your opinions before we confirm orders/

if results are not so satisfactory we can give the cable to "Only me" who requires a long piece i think

Last edited:
Hi,

umm
count me in for the remaining 4 foor then(if no one else is in)
SG you havent enlightened us about the cost yet
what rca's will you be using?

Sure buddy no worries :) ! I guess you haven't read the thread properly :p!! The cable is sponsored by Suri :yahoo: !! Am merely helping with the cutting of the cable to desired length and solder the RCA's !!

I had initially posted the prices of the RCA's based on a different thinkness ! now will post tomorrow the correct or the proper RCA's which fits the cable properly !

edit: does anyone have any experience on these intersonnects?
SG why dont you use the intersonnect as is currently and give us your opinions before we confirm orders/

if results are not so satisfactory we can give the cable to Only me who requires a long piece i think

The Cable is from the US and Am not sure anyone would have any experience with them !

As with me testing,I don't mind but testing a 10foot cable and posting the result is hardly of the consequence since we are not going to use the actual length ! so once I cut it to the desired length I can always hook it up to my system and post the results if required ;)!

As with you requiring the long length, I don't know what to say bout that as I have no say in this ! let Suri and others decide on this !

Regards.

I had initially posted the prices of the RCA's based on a different thinkness ! now will post tomorrow the correct or the proper RCA's which fits the cable properly !

As with you requiring the long length, I don't know what to say bout that as I have no say in this ! let Suri and others decide on this !

Regards.

i meant the new prices

also when i mentioned "Only Me" i didnt mean me
i meant a member called "Only me" who asked for the entire length

http://www.hifivision.com/audio-vid...terconnect-does-forum-member-have-need-2.html
post no 11

also please do check the 10foot intersonnect as is
it will give an ideaeven if its longet than what we alltend to use.

Hi,

i meant the new prices

also when i mentioned "Only Me" i didnt mean me
i meant a member called "Only me" who asked for the entire length

Yes now I know :p,since yesterday you had not put the quotes I thought you were in need of that !

also please do check the 10foot intersonnect as is
it will give an ideaeven if its longet than what we alltend to use.

I surely can check my friend but the only problem is,the cable requires some burnin time and Am not sure we have all that time :p !

But just like that I will surely connect it and see how it sounds no worries !

Regards.

Hey Magma & SG,

Did I create any confusion, I think it is "Only me" thats been disscussed here?

Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back