10 foot interconnect = does a forum member have a need?

hello! What happenend to the interconnects? did you guys test it? pls. post details so that we can atleast read and enjoy. 5 forum members using the same interconnect, with different systems... eager to know. Thanks
Harsha.

Hey SG
I'll drop by this weekend and hand over payment if you have time. We could have a coffee at the local Barista if you are game (On me, for the effort you are putting in :)).

cheers

Hi,

hello! can i join the club? What are the connectors you're planning to hook the cables with and the total cost? Pls. let me know.

Harsha Am sorry but all the spots are already filled :p !! The connector hunt is on ! so will post soon !

hello! What happenend to the interconnects? did you guys test it? pls. post details so that we can atleast read and enjoy. 5 forum members using the same interconnect, with different systems... eager to know.

Status as above,surely it'll be a good feedback ! Yes I too agree with you that it'll indeed interesting to know how it sounds with different systems ;)!

Please give me a day or two more to find a suitable RCA that fits into this cable neatly (without leaving too much gap) and which fits into the fixed budget of 300-400 a piece !

Shall post as soon I get my hands on some ;) ! Am sorry for the delay but I just cannot help it :p!!

Regards.

Hi,

Hey SG
I'll drop by this weekend and hand over payment if you have time. We could have a coffee at the local Barista if you are game (On me, for the effort you are putting in ).

Rahul you are more then welcome buddy :)!! you know you don't need to be all formal with me :p !! please do drop in my friend,there are some things which you might find interesting time around too....

SG please empty your PM box and recieve my PM before you terminate

Buddy Am helpless here aswell:p ! it just keeps filling up !

Thats why I have given my mail ID please do use that for personal communication ;)!

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi,

Buddy Am helpless here aswell:p ! it just keeps filling up !

Thats why I have given my mail ID please do use that for personal communication ;)!

Regards.

cant find your mail ID

anyway i think ill post here then

First of all i have forgotten a very impo thing thats needs me to address firstand thats a big "thank you " to suri for what he has given us

now what i PMed you is the following.
I used the PM since the following is my opinion only and hence i did not want to post it

nway here it is

SG wouldnt 300 to 400/pc cost almost 1200-1600 rs only on rca's
i might be the only one here who finds this a bit overkill

CALRAD model 55-705 IC ( whci i think this IC is )
costs 19$ (under 1000rs) for a 3foot ( 1 metre) lentgh with termination(rca's)

i think regular neutrik 175-200 rs rca would be more than enough at least for me, considering this cable

i use expensive RCA's only when i think the cable demands it

alternatively (if cheaper RCA's are difficult for you to source)you can send me just the cable too
i think i have some Nerve audio and DH labs RCA lying with me.

reagurds
Ali

Hi,

Update time guys :) ! I have managed to get the RCA's of the said size to fit the cable perfectly :yahoo:!!

LET THE CHOPPING BEGIN !

Am here with attaching the pics of the same for your consideration,if you guys give me a go ahead then I shall finish it !

I have selected two varieties of RCA's, One is 200/- and the other 375/- !! so please let me know as to who wants which ! The pics are in the order as the price,first (left) the low and then (right) the high !

Hope this pics are ok for you guys to decide,if not please don't hesitate and ask I shall try to click some better pics !

P1060071.JPG

P1060072.JPG

cant find your mail ID

OMG :p Ali I had posted it in this very thread to avoid people from searching for it ;)! Anyways here's it is !
My Post with My ID

First of all i have forgotten a very impo thing thats needs me to address firstand thats a big "thank you " to suri for what he has given us

You guys don't need to thank me,I mean what the big thing Am doing here ?? If anybody has to be thanked its Suri :clapping: ! so all the thanks goes to him :eek:hyeah:!!

SG wouldnt 300 to 400/pc cost almost 1200-1600 rs only on rca's
i might be the only one here who finds this a bit overkill

CALRAD model 55-705 IC ( whci i think this IC is )
costs 19$ (under 1000rs) for a 3foot ( 1 metre) lentgh with termination(rca's)

Ali I know what you mean but believe me sometimes the termination does wonders too,so I'd say its not totally bad to use such one's (as most of the guys have wisely decided to do so) but if you insist then I will not say anything !

But if you take my advise I'd say perhaps it is worth,I will get into any arguments and debates over the importance of the Terminations but will only say that although what you say is true (there's no doubt or dispute ;)) but sometimes it does not have to be literally true and has to be followed !

So my advise is that !! Rahul,Ali and others who ever decides otherwise can please notify me !

Coming to the other thing,Since there are only 5 guys and the length is 10 feet I've decided to make 2feet each cable so that all can have some decent length ! its marginally lengthier then what was being discussed earlier (.5mtr constitutes to 1.65feet ) !!

Awaiting you guys reply !

Regards.

The way you took the pic, one is in a shadow the other one is sparkling, so people are going to prefer the shiny ones!! Theres a crow in each person ... :D

I would go for the cheaper one but if everyone wants the other one and buying bulk makes more sense then I'll play along ... Dont forget to add the cost of the silver solder :)

Cheers

dear sg,

thanks for posting the photographs. I will go for Rs.200/- version. Pl. go ahead. I will drop in and pay cash.

regards

Hai SG,

I will go for the Rs.375/- RCA. I will PM my mail-ID so that you can inform the payment details.

Thanks once again for the Effort.

N.Murali.

my preference is for the cheaper one as well, i am trying to make up the money i've lost on my hyderabad tickets which i flushed down the toilet by missing my onward bus. I've also decided to not to eat out for a week (if you knew me you'd know that that's the ultimate sacrifice for me).

my preference is for the cheaper one as well, i am trying to make up the money i've lost on my hyderabad tickets which i flushed down the toilet by missing my onward bus. I've also decided to not to eat out for a week (if you knew me you'd know that that's the ultimate sacrifice for me).

The food gets flushed down the toilet in any case :D

Cheers

Hi,

The way you took the pic, one is in a shadow the other one is sparkling, so people are going to prefer the shiny ones!! Theres a crow in each person ...

Is this shadowless and shiny enough for you dear :D ??

P1060077.JPG

Ok so that makes 4 of the guys for 200 ( Ali I've included you,but if you don't want the Termination please let me know) and one for the 375 ! Good now that is taken care of,I expect the guys to contact me on my mail ID for further proceedings ;)! offcourse Rahul and Buswal is in my city so I will personally meet up and deliver the stuff ! Murali and Psychotropic are in Chennai so how do you guys want it ? courier or a decent transport will do (will be cheaper ) ? same goes to our Mumbai Buddy Ali,how do you like it ?

i am trying to make up the money i've lost on my hyderabad tickets which i flushed down the toilet by missing my onward bus.

Ohh darn Am sorry to hear that man :sad:! what happened ?

Ok guys please get in touch Via mail so that we can finish this thing of ASAP ;)!!

Regards.

Deleted post. Sorry. Posted here by mistake. Intended for the "Shootout" thread.

Last edited:
Hi,

Hello guys what happened ??? No one replied or contacted me via mail :confused: !! !!

Murali He didn't contact me nor did I receive a mail from you :p !!

Please guys let me ASAP bout the future course of action !

Regards.

I was planning to call and visit this afternoon, just felt that rare need for a siesta when I got back at 3pm. Then had some errand that kept me busy.

My speakers arrive tomorrow - do you want to visit my place next saturday for a listen? Else I will drop in next Sunday 11ish ... or is that too late? I can do online transfer if its convenient.

Cheers

Hi,

I was planning to call and visit this afternoon, just felt that rare need for a siesta when I got back at 3pm. Then had some errand that kept me busy.

My speakers arrive tomorrow - do you want to visit my place next saturday for a listen? Else I will drop in next Sunday 11ish ... or is that too late? I can do online transfer if its convenient.

Cheers

I was hoping the same :p ! Hmm always busy a man,but no worries man ;) !!

I'll try to visit then ( but I think it'd be better if I visit after some burn-in don't you think ?? )

As with the online thingy if you want it that way then I have no probs ! drop me a mail and I will give A/C #,Its SBI hope its ok,else can personally collect it ;)!

What bout others ?? where are you guys :indifferent14: !!

Regards.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back