> = 100 inch screen for < = 10K - LED Projector avail in India - Discussion thread..

Re: > = 100 inch screen for < = 10K - LED Projector avail in India - Discussion threa

Few more pics of the projected image, with day time viewing..This was clicked abt 10.30 AM, with mild daylight in the room..

6edc2067e06a3804973b304bd59df455.jpg

9da7a8585413e230921121268e3d8210.jpg

Will try to block that too with dark curtains, wherever possible..

Re: > = 100 inch screen for < = 10K - LED Projector avail in India - Discussion threa

sorry to deviate from the topic? what happened to your klipsch speakers that you got ? looks like you are using sonodyne for front!!!

sorry to deviate from the topic? what happened to your klipsch speakers that you got ? looks like you are using sonodyne for front!!!

Not a prob..Swapped the Klipsch speakers with my brother and got the Sonodyne Avant from him due to space constraints in living room, but i also see few benefits..

The left, center and right are same speakers, which should have uniform soundstage at the front..Trying to source a pair (used) of the same speakers for surrounds too..

Great gesture of sacrificing hi-fi speakers for brother and settling for less

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Re: &gt; = 100 inch screen for &lt; = 10K - LED Projector avail in India - Discussion threa

Great gesture of sacrificing hi-fi speakers for brother and settling for less

Not really..After getting the projector & screen, the Klipsch speakers and the AVR occupied most of the living area.. The screen was 60 inches off the floor.. So i had to keep the center channel either below screen or above screen, which was difficult to mount and not convincing..

Now, after the change in speakers, i have mounted the center channel behind screen at ear height, which is really good experience..

You can say i sacrificed the big brand for a great benefit [emoji1] ..

Looking to buy a good inexpensive projector just for movies. How is the Egate I9 ? Thinking of getting a 6'x4' screen and distance from screen to projector around 10'...

Looking to buy a good inexpensive projector just for movies. How is the Egate I9 ? Thinking of getting a 6'x4' screen and distance from screen to projector around 10'...

Having used both UNIC 46 (800 x 480) and Egate P531 (1280 x 800) LED projector, Higher lumens from Egate P531 (600 ANSI) is def worth it over 480 projector..

You can consider Egate P513 (slightly more than your budget), which is the same as P531 minus networking & android capability..

Egate also provides optional extended warranty, if purchased from them directly...So you are covered for 2 yrs..

You can also get it for lesser price than amazon.in..

For 10 feet distance, you would get approx 100 inch.. So a 7 x 5 would be better..

Egate P513 is 18K :eek: and the I9 is 7K, it's not slightly more than my budget :lol:

About the screen, 7x5 would be quite huge for my room coz I have the speakers on stands and cabinet which are approx. 3.5' from ground and ceiling is 10'

Egate P513 is 18K :eek: and the I9 is 7K, it's not slightly more than my budget :lol:

:eek:hyeah: Then I9 is fine..

About the screen, 7x5 would be quite huge for my room coz I have the speakers on stands and cabinet which are approx. 3.5' from ground and ceiling is 10'

Got it..

Now I'm thinking that if I'm getting a projector, I'll wait some time and get a good 3D projector or have my friend bring it from US. Don't want to spend a lot on it as screen will be 7'x5' or less and throw distance will be around 8' so any suggestion ?

Update : I missed to get extended warranty, when i got the Egate P531 LED Projector.. Spoke to Egate and was happy to find out they offer 2 yrs extended warranty for 3.5K..

So 18K for Egate P531 PJ with 1 yr std warranty + 3.5K for 2 yrs extended warranty.. Totally 21.5K and covered for 3 yrs..

Am really happy and a bit amazed to see discussion on the PJ of this so called no name Egate.Way back in 2013,perhps in in the first part of the year,when I bought One,the experiece was a bit on the negative side.Though not a descent performer,the Egate P515 was and is just O.K. to enjoy big screen experience albeit at the expense of refined visual satisfaction.However I liked a few full hd movies beyond 7gb back then,the only gripe being lack of warmth in colours..The full hd video songs looked good when viewed from beyond 12-13 feet.
The set U guys are talking about here has got so many additional features but alas the picture quality appears to be the same as is evident from the shots posted.Also U guys r lucky enough to have got company discussing on it.The kind of rebuke I got for posting and asking for some help about the PJ back then on AVS forum was discouraging enough to got me offline for so long.....

Am really happy and a bit amazed to see discussion on the PJ of this so called no name Egate.

Thank you..

Way back in 2013,perhps in in the first part of the year,when I bought One,the experiece was a bit on the negative side.Though not a descent performer,the Egate P515 was and is just O.K. to enjoy big screen experience albeit at the expense of refined visual satisfaction.However I liked a few full hd movies beyond 7gb back then,the only gripe being lack of warmth in colours..The full hd video songs looked good when viewed from beyond 12-13 feet.
The set U guys are talking about here has got so many additional features but alas the picture quality appears to be the same as is evident from the shots posted.

There are some limitations of the product, but it def is not bad for the money..

Also U guys r lucky enough to have got company discussing on it.

True.. Just a bunch of ppl own it..

The kind of rebuke I got for posting and asking for some help about the PJ back then on AVS forum was discouraging enough to got me offline for so long.....

Most majority of the people on AVS forum are from the US, which in my opinion is heaven for electronics.. A $1,000 product is more affordable for an enthusiast there , which is why most of them have excellent stuff.. If they can grab a decent projector for less, they would be disinterested in anything less than that..

Here in India, it is a different pic..Even a sizeable amount is not enough for a decent PJ..Anything less than that is always looked as CHEAP..:)

Most majority of the people on AVS forum are from the US, which in my opinion is heaven for electronics.. A $1,000 product is more affordable for an enthusiast there , which is why most of them have excellent stuff.. If they can grab a decent projector for less, they would be disinterested in anything less than that..

Here in India, it is a different pic..Even a sizeable amount is not enough for a decent PJ..Anything less than that is always looked as CHEAP..:)

Average salary in US in middle class segment will be around 3k - 4k/ month and a one time investment of around 1.5k for a class projector is affordable there.
If you consider average salary of Indian middle class as 50k/month (which is way higher from reality), an equal cut of say around 25000 will only fetch a low cost entry level PJ. Thats why Chinese PJs are popular here compared to US.

My budget is 500$ so i short listed LG PW 1500. Is there any other Led projector better than this in this budget?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

My budget is 500$ so i short listed LG PW 1500. Is there any other Led projector better than this in this budget?

I think AAXA M6 would be close at $599 but FHD..

elango ji screen fitted but still have some engineering problems with my screens, which i should overcome in few days and for projector I need you to visit clients place and give advice :p

elango ji screen fitted but still have some engineering problems with my screens, which i should overcome in few days and for projector I need you to visit clients place and give advice :p

Sure..Done..

Where to buy Egate P513 PJ with extended warranty? Do we have any authorized dealer so that i can contact them directly?

You can buy it directly from the company..Try to reach the contact # provided on Egate and they should help you with extended warranty details..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back