> = 100 inch screen for < = 10K - LED Projector avail in India - Discussion thread..

Re: &gt; = 100 inch screen for &lt; = 10K - LED Projector avail in India - Discussion threa

Nice set up. Do you find it cumbersome to move the table out while watching a movie on screen or its lesser effort?

I clicked this pic when i just finished fixing the screen.. But now, i have removed the table.. Put the center speaker on the AVR temporarily..

In a 8x6 set up, how do you manage 16:9 image? What do you do with the rest of the white screen? Do you plan to blacken it somehow?

An 8 x 6 feet 4:3 aspect ratio screen can produce abt 120 inches diagnoally, the same screen can also do a 16:9 Aspect ration up to 100 inches.. At present i have abt 94 inches diagnoally in 16:9.. About 6 inches on either side of the screen is wasted..

Abt 1/3rd of the screen from the top is not used.. I will either mount the PJ screen lil lower so that i can snug fit 100 inches 16:9...Else, will replace it a 7 x 5 feet 16:9 screen later..

This is the most recent picture..

7e4228b09e9eb6b639665611bd610323.jpg

Also, could you share a pic of your projector setup (preferably with fan too, so I can get a good idea about the placement)

Sure..

6133b7e13408fb0cc6ee0c1c054f4521.jpg

e09d9ad162aa3633d7acdc67be01174d.jpg

b88df45ea145e343564e0ade267efbb6.jpg

Note : These pics, clicked with mobile.. So ok types, in room conditions..

Last edited:
Re: > = 100 inch screen for < = 10K - LED Projector avail in India - Discussion threa

Thank you for the pics. It really gives me a good idea of the dimensions to help me setting up my system.

7x5 is also not a true 16:9. May be you could go for 8' * 4'6" (110" diagonal) or 7'3" * 4'2" (100" diagonal).

Re: > = 100 inch screen for < = 10K - LED Projector avail in India - Discussion threa

Thank you for the pics. It really gives me a good idea of the dimensions to help me setting up my system.

7x5 is also not a true 16:9. May be you could go for 8' * 4'6" (110" diagonal) or 7'3" * 4'2" (100" diagonal).

Thanks for the PJ screen dimension's.. Will look out for the same specs at the time of upgrade..

Also note in earlier posted images, i had brought the PJ really down so that the PJ image starts 1 feet from the floor..The idea was to reduce the stress on the neck for prolonged use..

Last week, used the projector continuously for about 12+ hrs..Movies, you tube, IPL matches.. Didn't feel the strain..

Elangoas,

Thank you for sharing the setup pics.

Few questions for you :D

1. Does your projector lens have a 'slight' play too? As in - would it rattle if you shook the PJ?
  2. Did you want the projector to be mounted so low?
    My guesstimate is - your Projector height from floor is about 5'9".
    I understand, that you had to take it lower, so it doesn't interfere with the fan, when running. But, even then, since the screen is projected so much closer to the floor, I think, projector could be a bit higher. (I guess, just a personal preference. But, if the reason is technical, I would like to know..)

*You answered this question, in your post above. I only saw your post after I posted. So, don't bother about this. :p
  3. Do you think, I can install mine, bit closer to the ceiling - maybe 2 feet from ceiling?
  4. I plan to have the projection image / screen 2 feet from the floor.
    So, it will be 1-2 feet below the ceiling. (Ceiling at my place is 9')

8x6 may be a better screen to buy, instead of 9x5 for my use.
8x6 gives flexibility (at top or bottom) of image projection.
8x6 is considerably cheaper too. (In my current setup, I can stick to a basic screen, and upgrade later, when I get a better PJ :) )

Please share more photos of People / Nature / Building (1080p videos).

I understand, that the "feed video" i.e. right from the source to intermediate PC/AVR and the HDMI cable - all affect the quality.
But, it would be good to see - the focus adjustment, sharpness and contrast with detail performance of your projector.

Thank you,

Ace.

Last edited:

Also note in earlier posted images, i had brought the PJ really down so that the PJ image starts 1 feet from the floor..The idea was to reduce the stress on the neck for prolonged use..

I would assume, as long as the centre of the screen is at the eye level, then everything should be fine. Is it the same with you?

Elangoas,

Thank you for sharing the setup pics.

Few questions for you :D

1. Does your projector lens have a 'slight' play too? As in - would it rattle if you shook the PJ?

1. Yes.. It has slightly.. think it will rattle a lil..

[*]Did you want the projector to be mounted so low?
    My guesstimate is - your Projector height from floor is about 5'9".
    I understand, that you had to take it lower, so it doesn't interfere with the fan, when running. But, even then, since the screen is projected so much closer to the floor, I think, projector could be a bit higher. (I guess, just a personal preference. But, if the reason is technical, I would like to know..)

*You answered this question, in your post above. I only saw your post after I posted. So, don't bother about this. :p

Cool..

[*]Do you think, I can install mine, bit closer to the ceiling - maybe 2 feet from ceiling?

I think it should do just fine.. Get 3 - 4 feet adjustable length.. It will give u lil more flexibility, just in case you need it..

[*]I plan to have the projection image / screen 2 feet from the floor.
    So, it will be 1-2 feet below the ceiling. (Ceiling at my place is 9')
8x6 may be a better screen to buy, instead of 9x5 for my use.
8x6 gives flexibility (at top or bottom) of image projection.
8x6 is considerably cheaper too. (In my current setup, I can stick to a basic screen, and upgrade later, when I get a better PJ :) )

Got your point..I would say experiment with throw distance first and then decide on the screen size..

What if 110 inch is possible in your room and you settle for 90 inch.. 20inch is bigger when it comes to these sizes..

I got a 10 x 5.6 feet 16:9 screen for my bro, and he has approx 130 inches, which looks fabulous for movies....

Please share more photos of People / Nature / Building (1080p videos).

Sure.. Will share.. I had recorded a video on mobile for a min when IPL matched was played.. But unable to upload directly thru tapatalk..

I understand, that the "feed video" i.e. right from the source to intermediate PC/AVR and the HDMI cable - all affect the quality.
But, it would be good to see - the focus adjustment, sharpness and contrast with detail performance of your projector.

Thank you, Ace.

My source for movies, you tube, browsing, shopping is all thru HTPC..I use Blue rigger HDMI cable..

Sure.. Will share as when i tweak the set-up..

I would assume, as long as the centre of the screen is at the eye level, then everything should be fine. Is it the same with you?

Yes.. Exactly.. I have set it so that the center of screen is at eye level..

Most PJ screen start 2 - 3 feet above floor level, but at the same time the viewing distance is also higher, which gives slight flexibility..

But for shorter distance say 10 feet at home and prolonged use, it is better to mount the center of the screen to eye height..

Any further tweaks at your end?
Any pics? Settings/etc?

I haven't got much time lately.

I am yet to mount the screen also. (I got 8x6 too, since i wanted the flexibility of projecting a bit higher or lower).

Thank you,

Ace.

Any further tweaks at your end?
Any pics? Settings/etc?

I haven't got much time lately.

I am yet to mount the screen also. (I got 8x6 too, since i wanted the flexibility of projecting a bit higher or lower).

Thank you,

Ace.

Nope.. Not with PJ settings.. But with DIY Fabric screen.. Recently did a Acoustic transparent screen (To place the center channel speaker behind screen) using spandex fabric and testing it..

What was looking bright with Vinyl screen, has now gone on fabric screen, and contrast has improved if we add a dark cloth behind..

Here is the thread - http://www.hifivision.com/diy/67092-diy-acoustic-transparent-screen.html

Projector mount

I clicked this pic when i just finished fixing the screen.. But now, i have removed the table.. Put the center speaker on the AVR temporarily..

An 8 x 6 feet 4:3 aspect ratio screen can produce abt 120 inches diagnoally, the same screen can also do a 16:9 Aspect ration up to 100 inches.. At present i have abt 94 inches diagnoally in 16:9.. About 6 inches on either side of the screen is wasted..

Abt 1/3rd of the screen from the top is not used.. I will either mount the PJ screen lil lower so that i can snug fit 100 inches 16:9...Else, will replace it a 7 x 5 feet 16:9 screen later..

This is the most recent picture..

6133b7e13408fb0cc6ee0c1c054f4521.jpg

e09d9ad162aa3633d7acdc67be01174d.jpg

Hi,

Can you please share, what projector mount is that?
What height (from celing)?

EDIT-

http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...ail-india-discussion-thread-8.html#post736102
Just found your reply.

Dont bother with the above questions.

Any trouble mounting the projector?
Any tips?

Thanks,

Bhushan.

Last edited:
Re: Projector mount

Any trouble mounting the projector?
Any tips? Thanks, Bhushan.

Nope.. no trouble.. The Projector didn't come with ceiling - mounting screws.. You may have to find compatible screw..

Don't use the Key stone (tilt) on the PJ.. It robs the sharpness of the picture towards corners..

Which screen do you have now ?

Nope.. no trouble.. The Projector didn't come with ceiling - mounting screws.. You may have to find compatible screw..

Don't use the Key stone (tilt) on the PJ.. It robs the sharpness of the picture towards corners..

Which screen do you have now ?

Hi.
Can you please share the projector-to-mount screw arrangement?
I don't see a clear provision (or I am missing it somehow) in the P531.

Yes, my plan is to *not* use the Keystone. It indeed messes up the sharpness and focus.

I got a cineview screen which is 8x6 @ 3500 INR (from ebay).
I got the 8x6, since 9 feet mounting did not give me enough space on the sides (for speaker setup).
Also, 8x6 gives good tolerance to play with the height ( will help minimize the keystone inputs)

Thank you for the inputs.

Looking forward to images from your side :)

Hi.
Can you please share the projector-to-mount screw arrangement?
I don't see a clear provision (or I am missing it somehow) in the P531.

You can find the mounting keyhole on the bottom side of the PJ, on all 4 corners.. They are covered with rubber feet.. Once you pull the rubber feet, you can see the mounting hole..

I used the mounting screws that came with Excelvan CL720 Projector..

Yes, my plan is to *not* use the Keystone. It indeed messes up the sharpness and focus.

Yes.. In my case, the top left corner loses sharpness due to the way i have mounted the screen and using keystone correction..

I got a cineview screen which is 8x6 @ 3500 INR (from ebay).
I got the 8x6, since 9 feet mounting did not give me enough space on the sides (for speaker setup).
Also, 8x6 gives good tolerance to play with the height ( will help minimize the keystone inputs)

Thank you for the inputs.

Cool.. Hope it is manual pull down type..

Looking forward to images from your side :)

Sure.. I will share the picture in sometime.. Dust accumulation, will clear that & share picture..

You can find the mounting keyhole on the bottom side of the PJ, on all 4 corners.. They are covered with rubber feet.. Once you pull the rubber feet, you can see the mounting hole..

Ah. Okay. Understood.

Yes.. In my case, the top left corner loses sharpness due to the way i have mounted the screen and using keystone correction..

Inspite of 4 feet of projector mount (drop height) from ceiling - you had to keystone the height?

Cool.. Hope it is manual pull down type..
yes, it is. (spring back type).

I wish, I had thought of the 'hoisting type' solution.
It would be so much better than the spring-up type. :D

Sure.. I will share the picture in sometime.. Dust accumulation, will clear that & share picture..

Sure sure!
How's it going? otherwise? How many hours have you run it, until now. (approx)

-----------------------------------------------------

I also checked few videos on youtube, which show a world of improvement in details & contrast improvement with screen paints.

Especially, silver/dark grey screens seem to do really good.

Since, I have a relatively economy wala screen, i can experiment with the paint :p

Have a look at the videos on youtube.
Even the basic projectors get a serious enhance with the right mix of silver+black shades.

Cheers,

Ace.

Last edited:

Inspite of 4 feet of projector mount (drop height) from ceiling - you had to keystone the height?

Yes for two reasons.. The projected image starts 1 foot from the floor

- If the PJ is parallel to floor surface, the image starts at higher height .. Above 2 feet from the floor, which increase the overall height of the projected image, and there by strain on the neck..

- So had to tilt the PJ (to get image from 1 foot of the floor) and forcefully use the keystone adjustment to get a perfect rectangle..

yes, it is. (spring back type).

I wish, I had thought of the 'hoisting type' solution.
It would be so much better than the spring-up type. :D

Cool.. I had used Luzon dzire screen abt the same size, same features for at 3.5K..

Sure sure!
How's it going? otherwise? How many hours have you run it, until now. (approx)

Since this PJ has replaced the TV, on an avg used for 8 Hrs a day.. Acquired it Feb'17 i guess.. Keeping a conservative 6 hrs day, it should have clocked close to 1,000 hrs so far..

Weekends atleast 12 hrs of usage a day at intermittent levels..

I also checked few videos on youtube, which show a world of improvement in details & contrast improvement with screen paints.

Especially, silver/dark grey screens seem to do really good.

Since, I have a relatively economy wala screen, i can experiment with the paint :p

Have a look at the videos on youtube.
Even the basic projectors get a serious enhance with the right mix of silver+black shades.

Cheers,

Ace.

Hope you saw images of my DIY Acoustic Screen..

At first, started with single layer of white spandex over frame, there seemed to be lot of light loss (behind the screen, coz of fabric & over strecthing the facric :eek:hyeah:)..

Then FM suggested to use a black cloth as a layer below white to avoid the light loss..

When running thru you tube videos on screen material, came across this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBs2OgWF_VI

Before i re did the screen for the 2nd time, i had 3 colour of spandex with me (Black, white, ivory).. So stretchered the white & ivory material on screen and tested.. Ivory was lifting the green & blue specifically..

So settled with Ivory over black spandex as purely experimental purpose..

If you are low on budget and have a heart to experiment than playing safe, you may end up doing wrong the first time, but you will def take some learning & move the 2nd time right & may be close to what you are expecting..:)

I have seen the SI Black diamond screen images/video, and it looks awesome..Hopefully, someday will get close to that :p

Here is the image..
3914d058b89143b95bc52fa649e4d145.jpg
That helps a lot! :)

This was the tilt i was saying in earlier post..
c1ee9a19db58787b4cb3ab72750786db.jpg

Try keeping a "recline" angle in your seating (with pillows or other stuff)-
that will help pushing the screen 2 feet above the floor level >> No tilt >> No keystone = Best possible picture :D

Just a suggestion.
------------------------------------

Did you check the calibration videos?
Any further tweaking done?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Ace.

That helps a lot! :)

Try keeping a "recline" angle in your seating (with pillows or other stuff)-
that will help pushing the screen 2 feet above the floor level >> No tilt >> No keystone = Best possible picture :D

Just a suggestion.
------------------------------------

Thanks.. Pushing the screen 2 feet above floor, at 10 feet viewing distance will put strain for prolonged use.. if it is only for movie watching for couple of hrs, i wouldn't mind..

Did you check the calibration videos?
Any further tweaking done?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Ace.

Yes.. Watched some videos on adjusting the brightness, contrast, sharpness.. Did try tweaking them, had to reduce contrast than before very slightly.. But nothing much..

I will try tweaking some more and share settings here..

Back