> = 100 inch screen for < = 10K - LED Projector avail in India - Discussion thread..

Re: > = 100 inch screen for < = 10K - LED Projector avail in India - Discussion threa

Guys is it possible to get a full hd Projector under 10k and what things are required for whole setup

Re: > = 100 inch screen for < = 10K - LED Projector avail in India - Discussion threa

Guys is it possible to get a full hd Projector under 10k and what things are required for whole setup

Nope.. Not yet.. LED PJ with HD resolution will cost abt 15K, then you have the screen that will coast an other 4- 5 K, depending on the size you need..

dang it. I just wanted to try projector for movies instead of spending huge amount on bigg ass Tv

Last edited:

I have never seen a full HD LED projector in that price bracket in amazon/ebay. Almost every other LED PJ claiming full HD is actually giving 1280x720 native resolution, which is nothing but WXGA (720p) or half HD. Of course they are HD ready, means they will downgrade full HD signals to WXGA and display.
Full HD (1080p) projectors should have 1920x1080 native resolution which no one is claiming yet. I think Chinese are still trying to procure technology for 1080p PJ display :)

Below is the resolution chart, if someone do not know it clearly. Always look for native resolution, which is actually what is getting displayed

SD............................352 x 240 pixels (240p)
Enhanced definition.....480 x 360 pixels (360p)
DVD quality................858 x 480 (480p)
XGA..........................1024 x 768 pixels
WXGA.......................1280 x 800 pixels (720p)
HD............................1920 x 1080 pixels (1080p)
2K.............................20481080 pixels
4K.............................4096 x 2160 pixels

Gurus, please correct me if I am wrong

Last edited:

I think Chinese are still trying to procure technology for 1080p PJ display :)

Am not sure if am correct here, but guessing..LED projectors use LED Bulbs as source behind LCD screen.. If they can make 1280 X 800 resolution PJ, the also should be able to make 1920 x 1080 native resolution PJ..

Am not sure if am correct here, but guessing..LED projectors use LED Bulbs as source behind LCD screen.. If they can make 1280 X 800 resolution PJ, the also should be able to make 1920 x 1080 native resolution PJ..

Theoretically yes, but do a search in amazon.in, ebay.in and you will know that they only sell cheap projectors with max native resolution of 1280x800, not Full HD.

Do share your experiences in auditioning cheap/LG projectors. Also let me know what kind of screen you plan to buy. Thanks

Yes, I will create a thread to record my experiences, as soon as I have the projector & screen installed.

Yes.. Best to do it by trial & error..

Noted.

The best way to decide the projector location is to keep it on high stool and project it on plain wall.. You would get a rough idea of where to mount the screen & mount the projector in the ceiling (or) keep it on table, whether the projected image would over run the screen and stuff.. Then mount & tweak if necessary....

Great!
I got the projector + stool part.
But, about the screen, I am still not sure.

The wall on which i plan on mounting the screen, has some stuff and 1-foot (12 inch ) wide shelves on it.
So, i will have to see if the screen can be mounted on a bracket which keeps the screen 1 foot away from the wall.
That will not need any changes to be done to the current arrangement :)

---

Further, I am not even sure, about what screen to get!
Luzon Dzire or Inlight?
The auto-lock mechanism seems to come in only at 9k INR mark for the screens with 9x5 and A+++++ grade (1.2 gain) fabric.

What do you recommend?

---

IMO, extended warranty is always good.. Juz incase something unfortunate develops in the 2nd year, you are covered.. Either they will replace the part (or) replace the projector..

I bought the +1 year warranty @ 2K INR.
So, I now have the P531 with 2 year warranty.
Thanks for the tip.

Great.. How much are these ?
Optoma 141 & Benq 1070 are 80~90K INR range projectors.
They are really top of the line stuff, at these rates.

If I am impressed with the setup I am building with your and others' help, I would start saving for the above quality PJs. right away! :D

Am glad, the pointers were of some help to you.. Welcome..
You have been of great help!

Sorry didn't understand offset..
I have mounted the screen in such a way that the projected image center meets the eye height when on sofa..
The screen starts roughly 1 feet from the floor..
My screen is lil bigger, so i had to mount it lil closer to the floor..Lot of space wasted where the image is not projected..

Offset is the distance between projector lens centre line and the top of the projection screen. That's vertical offset.

You said, your screen starts 1 feet from the floor.
That's another dimension I am looking for.
I read a couple of screen-mount-FAQs. they usually mention 2-3 feet off the floor.
But, then, as you said, since the screen is bigger than the projected image size, you had to let go of some "otherwise usable" screen area.
Fair enough.

Nope.. Haven't tried yet.. Have been using HTPC connected to AVR.. Will try & update..

Let me know, if you have tried playing few movie files straight out of usb HDD or pendrive.

---------------

Please recommend me a VFM screen.
The Luzon dzire on amazon - isn't fulfilled product.
No one picks up the phone number mentioned on their product page either.

Inlight 9x5 (1.2 gain imported screen) with autolock is offered ~10K if I order directly.

I think, I want to restrict screen expense to a VFM screen, that should be fine to use with current projector.

Thanks,

Ace.

Great!
I got the projector + stool part.
But, about the screen, I am still not sure.

The wall on which i plan on mounting the screen, has some stuff and 1-foot (12 inch ) wide shelves on it.
So, i will have to see if the screen can be mounted on a bracket which keeps the screen 1 foot away from the wall.
That will not need any changes to be done to the current arrangement :)

The pull down screen's have key mount on either side of the frame.. You can also consider hanging it from ceiling with necessary hardware.. I mean with the Nickel links that you get in hardware store..

Further, I am not even sure, about what screen to get!
Luzon Dzire or Inlight?
The auto-lock mechanism seems to come in only at 9k INR mark for the screens with 9x5 and A+++++ grade (1.2 gain) fabric.

What do you recommend?

What i have is without Auto lock mechanism.. I hook the screen ends that i have nailed in the wall.. Auto lock mechanism is just double the cost mnual pull down screen for the same size..

I would suggest you to pick either one of them (Manual pull down) and hang it with heights when watching..

I bought the +1 year warranty @ 2K INR.
So, I now have the P531 with 2 year warranty. Thanks for the tip.

Great..

Optoma 141 & Benq 1070 are 80~90K INR range projectors.
They are really top of the line stuff, at these rates.

If I am impressed with the setup I am building with your and others' help, I would start saving for the above quality PJs. right away! :D

You have been of great help!

Great.. Enjoy..Happy tweaking :eek:hyeah:

Offset is the distance between projector lens centre line and the top of the projection screen. That's vertical offset.

Thanks for this info.. Am newbie to PJ's..

You said, your screen starts 1 feet from the floor.
That's another dimension I am looking for.
I read a couple of screen-mount-FAQs. they usually mention 2-3 feet off the floor.
But, then, as you said, since the screen is bigger than the projected image size, you had to let go of some "otherwise usable" screen area.
Fair enough.

A 7 x 4 feet 16:9 screen is what i think will work best for my projected image.

Let me know, if you have tried playing few movie files straight out of usb HDD or pendrive.

Sure.. Will try & update here..

Please recommend me a VFM screen.
The Luzon dzire on amazon - isn't fulfilled product.
No one picks up the phone number mentioned on their product page either.

Inlight 9x5 (1.2 gain imported screen) with autolock is offered ~10K if I order directly.

I think, I want to restrict screen expense to a VFM screen, that should be fine to use with current projector.

Thanks, Ace.

I thought you were picking the screen as combo from Egate.. Nope?

Deciding upon a screen has been the most cumbersome task for me so far. I plan to buy Optoma HD142x projector from Germany and now I am looking out for a suitable projector.

I have to fit it in my living room along with my wall mounted TV (as I do not have the option of separate room and my HT setup is with the TV). This means I need a screen which comes in front of my TV. So either a pull down or a Tripod or a pull up screen which I can setup whenever necessary and fold back after are the options for me. Out of these three types, which one would you recommend?

From last week I have been searching like a freak for one which suits my needs. I have got several contact numbers/emails of suppliers and have shot a mail to everyone.

Only one guy has responded so far. In amazon.in, Elcor screens are available with contact person details. I had a series of discussion with him over email. This is what he finally has to offer me:
Elcor 54 x 96 i.e. 110 diagonal 16:9 wall type pull down screen with autolock for 4500 Rs + delivery charges.
How does it sound you guys? Heard of this brand before?

I am also trying to get in touch with Optoma India sales and with Liberty Grandview screen suppliers to get their options and quotations. Yet to hear from them.

Which projector to buy was a decision which happened in jiffy, but I am stuck with the screen! :confused::annoyed:

The pull down screen's have key mount on either side of the frame.. You can also consider hanging it from ceiling with necessary hardware.. I mean with the Nickel links that you get in hardware store..

I have a false ceiling too :sad:
So, I will have to work up some angle from wall & suspend the screen-fixture from it.

What i have is without Auto lock mechanism.. I hook the screen ends that i have nailed in the wall.. Auto lock mechanism is just double the cost mnual pull down screen for the same size..

I guess, i will get a autolock too.
What brand though?
Luzon or Inlight?

Great.. Enjoy..Happy tweaking :eek:hyeah:
Will post a thread when I have my setup done, for tweaking advice :D

Thanks for this info.. Am newbie to PJ's..
Are you pulling my leg now :p haha.
I was curious about offset, because I am already thinking about mounting the projector (which I don't have yet), and aligning the screen ( which I don't have, either :D )

Sure.. Will try & update here..
Please do so.
But, my projector will be here too :p soon! hopefully.

I thought you were picking the screen as combo from Egate.. Nope?
That was under consideration. But they don't have 16:9 screens.
So, I am thinking between available options now.
4K INR ~ 10 K INR
Luzon Dzire - ??.- 6.5K
Inlight - A+++++ screen, imported, and autolock. 10K
Screen Technics - 1.1 Gain screen, autolock. - 8.5K

Aah. Too much confusion.

Ace.

--
EDIT-
--

Deciding upon a screen has been the most cumbersome task for me so far. I plan to buy Optoma HD142x projector from Germany and now I am looking out for a suitable projector.

Great! Congrats. You're gonna love that!
Please post your own thread to share the setup and images/videos, your impressions, etc.

I have to fit it in my living room along with my wall mounted TV (as I do not have the option of separate room and my HT setup is with the TV). This means I need a screen which comes in front of my TV. So either a pull down or a Tripod or a pull up screen which I can setup whenever necessary and fold back after are the options for me. Out of these three types, which one would you recommend?
So, similar case as mine.
I think, ceiling mounted makes sense.
It will face lesser "moving around" and safer overall.
Tripod will take up lot of space. even to store when not watching the screen.
From last week I have been searching like a freak for one which suits my needs. I have got several contact numbers/emails of suppliers and have shot a mail to everyone.
I am doing the same, buddy!
Matter is worse here, since i have a set budget of 30K for my setup! :p

Only one guy has responded so far. In amazon.in, Elcor screens are available with contact person details. I had a series of discussion with him over email. This is what he finally has to offer me:
Elcor 54 x 96 i.e. 110 diagonal 16:9 wall type pull down screen with autolock for 4500 Rs + delivery charges.

Elcor has some decent reviews.
4.5' x 8' is a decent size.
Could you not consider a 9x5 screen? :D

-------------

Please let me know, what criteria are you using, while choosing the screens.

In my consideration-

1. Manual over motorized makes sense (in my case), since lesser moving parts, lesser the troubles, lower the cost.
2. Autolock makes sense, but it does considerably increase the price too! almost goes up to double of the "non-autolock" versions of pull down screens.
3. Map type would be too cumbersome, since I will have to put away the screen & install it, on every use!
4. What gain are we looking at? 1.1? 1.2? Matte cloth? (This is where I go clueless)
5. Should I get a 'future ready' screen? I would upgrade to a better PJ, if I am happy with this setup. A better (brand) screen (9x5) costs 13K INR with above requirements. Whereas regular Inlight/Luzon screens cost 4-6K INR.

Like you said, too much confusion.

Ace.

Last edited:

Screen Technics - 1.1 Gain screen, autolock. - 8.5K

If you are referring to this screen technics: Screen Technics :: Projectors Screens :: Projectors :: Ceiling Mount Kits :: Audio Video Solutions

then they have an option to give you a customized projector screen as per needs.
Customize Projector Screen

I have not contacted them yet. But you could try and also let me know your views

Only one guy has responded so far. In amazon.in, Elcor screens are available with contact person details. I had a series of discussion with him over email. This is what he finally has to offer me:Elcor 54 x 96 i.e. 110 diagonal 16:9 wall type pull down screen with autolock for 4500 Rs + delivery charges.

Which projector to buy was a decision which happened in jiffy, but I am stuck with the screen! :confused::annoyed:

I got a Luzon Dzire Matte white screen 96" x 72" manual pull down for 3.5K (Without autolock).. The screen was listed as Hi-gain.. But am not too sure on how much is better..

Considering the Auto lock feature for abt 1K extra, i think it is a good deal.. Haven't heard of the brand though..

A few questions for those who have a ceiling fan in between the ceiling mounted projector and the screen: How have you avoided fan interfering with the image? How long is the ceiling mount rod, what height is your screen from the floor, what is the ceiling height and what is the throw distance?
I have a ceiling height of around 9.

Bumping up the thread...any takers? Thank you.

A few questions for those who have a ceiling fan in between the ceiling mounted projector and the screen: How have you avoided fan interfering with the image? How long is the ceiling mount rod, what height is your screen from the floor, what is the ceiling height and what is the throw distance?
I have a ceiling height of around 9.

I remember replying to your post, but for some reason it is not updated here.. Not sure if it was lost due to network issues @ home.. Anyways..

- I have my projector in my living room and it is mounted behind the ceiling fan..
- Ceiling mount rod is about 4 feet (adjustable).. THis is the one that i use - Amazon.in: Buy CNCT Heavy Duty (Weight Capacity - 15 KGS) 4 FT UNIVERSAL PROJECTOR CEILING MOUNT / Bracket / Stand for LED Online at Low Prices in India | CNCT Reviews & Ratings
- Throw distance is approx 10 feet..
- My LED PJ is mounted 3 feet from ceiling..

I remember replying to your post, but for some reason it is not updated here.. Not sure if it was lost due to network issues @ home.. Anyways..

- I have my projector in my living room and it is mounted behind the ceiling fan..
- Ceiling mount rod is about 4 feet (adjustable).. THis is the one that i use - Amazon.in: Buy CNCT Heavy Duty (Weight Capacity - 15 KGS) 4 FT UNIVERSAL PROJECTOR CEILING MOUNT / Bracket / Stand for LED Online at Low Prices in India | CNCT Reviews & Ratings
- Throw distance is approx 10 feet..
- My LED PJ is mounted 3 feet from ceiling..

Thank you. And what about the screen itself? At what height is it from floor and at what distance is it from the ceiling?

Thank you. And what about the screen itself? At what height is it from floor and at what distance is it from the ceiling?

I have a Luzon Dzire 8 x 6 feet matte white screen..I have mounted it approx 1 feet from the floor and about 4 feet from ceiling.. It is wall mounted..

Here are some actual pics of the screen..
bf7088b3010b6a23371f5945ce995ece.jpg
1fa696a143aa16670d3d2ee05db392bb.jpg

Nice set up. Do you find it cumbersome to move the table out while watching a movie on screen or its lesser effort?
Also, could you share a pic of your projector setup (preferably with fan too, so I can get a good idea about the placement)

In a 8x6 set up, how do you manage 16:9 image? What do you do with the rest of the white screen? Do you plan to blacken it somehow?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back