Unic UC46 LED Projector thread..1200 lumens..now seriously bright.

OMG.. Never knew there were LED projectors so tiny and affordable.. Thanks for the link..

Will create a new thread for these LED projector's, with an apt title to source more inputs & options for the user..
Its a pico projector, uses LED as light source so can be extremely small ; in fact Samsung Galaxy Beam Mobile phone came with inbuilt Pico projector. Though it can be used, its not recommended for home theater systems. The brightness and contrast ratio are pretty low. Need a pitch dark room for better results.

http://www.excitingip.com/589/pico-projectors-the-smallest-projectors/

has anyone compared the UC40 and 46 wrt brightness?
the only other improvement is the wifi connection - that you can buy as an hdmi dongle and retrofit it for the 1k price gap (plus use it elswhere as well)

here is a youtube video about a direct comparison between the two https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FfZ9-zZMo
I saw the video and if i had to choose which was the 46 and 40 i would have chosen the opposite. the 40 in the video is so pale compared to the 46 which is vibrant, and both have fairly normal colours. mine is much more saturated, especially the reds. Probably the panel quality varies significantly between different items of the same product

I saw the video and if i had to choose which was the 46 and 40 i would have chosen the opposite. the 40 in the video is so pale compared to the 46 which is vibrant, and both have fairly normal colours. mine is much more saturated, especially the reds. Probably the panel quality varies significantly between different items of the same product

Actually the video is a comparison of 46 Vs 40 Plus.. Juz noticed it, in the comments section..

You mean to say you would have picked the 40 plus over 46?

I was watching the video, and could not figure out which is which. One had rich colours and the other looked a bit more neutral. I assumed the neutral one was the UC46 as my 40+ has overblown colours (even after playing with settings).

So I was surprised when i saw that the screen which looked less saturated was the UC40+, and I find it hard to accept my UC40+ could product an image like that
which leads me to the belief that product quality is rather inconsistent due to the costs, and different projectors of the same model can end up producing different looking pictures

I was watching the video, and could not figure out which is which. One had rich colours and the other looked a bit more neutral. I assumed the neutral one was the UC46 as my 40+ has overblown colours (even after playing with settings).

So I was surprised when i saw that the screen which looked less saturated was the UC40+, and I find it hard to accept my UC40+ could product an image like that
which leads me to the belief that product quality is rather inconsistent due to the costs, and different projectors of the same model can end up producing different looking pictures

The one on the left is UC 46. Think this was slightly better than the UC 40 + on the right.. hard to pick differences..

Small/some amount of brightness, addition of wi-fi is UC 46, is what i see over UC 40+

Yeah, product output might vary (no quality control).. Think these come with 1 yr seller warranty.. Try logging a complaint with the seller (inconsistent colour) and may be get a UC46 as replacement, with lil more :eek:hyeah:

Just purchased UC-46 a few days back. Very decent appearance and small size. I have just tested it by connecting STB HDMI out. Quality is definitely nice. I have not tested all the feature yet. Used auto-lock 4X6 Liberty Lite screen. Will post more on the same after testing all the features. Really good value for money projector at Rs.5500/-

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back