1080p and 720p - Cheapest DLP Projector of 2010.

IIRC the 9500UB is pretty much the same as the 8500UB except for the extra accessories as you noted.

The TW4500=8500UB if I'm correct and the TW5500=9500UB. I own the TW4000 (6500UB), I can vouch for it, it is an excellent PJ when setup properly. The 8500UB has improvements in blacks and FI but falls a little short on brightness according to a review I read. If the TW4000 is anything go by it will be an excellent PJ. All you need to do is decide which route to go, buy it locally or import it.

Yes, the TW 4000 is a worthy investment. I have seen the demo of this with a blu ray player.
The 1800 ans Versus 1600 ans is one issue while the other is the contrast ratio of TW 4500 which is almost 3 times of the 4000. for the brightness, one hardly would take notice of it and it all depends on what kind of projection distance you have and whether you use the dynamic mode all the time. As for the contrast , yes, the TW 4500 does have some edge over blacks which are evident for some extremely deep night shots, like in the 'Hurt Locker', for example. But both of them have the shadow details suffering if you switch to the Theatre 2 mode.
These are my personal observations and is absolutely not binding. All the above were from what i gathered during demos.

All right my TW-4500 arrived and it is awesome. I connected it to my PS3, Laptop, extra DVD player, Tata Sky, Sony Music System which has excellent sound quality and laptop.

My wall is light bluish grey and every thing is showing crystal clear on it, so I don't think I needed the da-lite screen. But it will definitely enhance my experience, so I am really looking forward to it arriving in the next few days.

SO HAPPY!

Thanks all.

All right my TW-4500 arrived and it is awesome. I connected it to my PS3, Laptop, extra DVD player, Tata Sky, Sony Music System which has excellent sound quality and laptop.

My wall is light bluish grey and every thing is showing crystal clear on it, so I don't think I needed the da-lite screen. But it will definitely enhance my experience, so I am really looking forward to it arriving in the next few days.

SO HAPPY!

Thanks all.

Hi,
Please tell me, did you use the standard Component video input length or have an extended length beyond the 1 meter. Have you tried the HDMI input?
I suppose there's an issue of ghost beyond the specified length of video input cables.
regarding the wall, if i may suggest you, try using the Asian paints premium emulsion matt white . go through the product information sheet that tells you what to do. This is a real winner and stands very close to expensive screens.
Asian Paints

I used HDMI cables. Not sure what length of cables has to do with quality but then I am a noob as far as tech is concerned.

What does that mean?
adjusting the RBG/brightness/contrast levels according to your room setup..
some of us are very lazy in checking the manuals/forums once we purchase electronics..take me for instance.. after running 60hrs on my prj i calibrated the settings even when i was aware of the same when i was searching..
the experience of movie watching can improve greatly if you have the correct settings..
check the forums for TW4500 or the equivalent epson USA model and check the manual..

No sorry. It costed a lot, a fair bit more than 1.66 lakhs some one quoted. Some one was willing to import it from Singapore for me for 1.75 but that would be without warranties. In don't regret the price I paid as a checked it at 3 places and it was near same amount at all 3 places. I would suggest you check 2-3 sellers and then decide what's a fair price yourself. The projector is worth it as it is a one time investment. I am on a partial holiday till tomorrow and I have watched 7-8 movies on this with PS3 and HDMI cable over the past 4 days and even DivX movies are damn clear on the Da-Lite screen. I watched Kick-Ass downloaded and it felt I was watching in the cinema hall or even better.

Last edited:
Congrats Pratters on a gr8 buy. I am planning to get the Epson as well shortly. Its a superb projector and I have seen it in action. Could you please tell me the throw distance you are using right now and how effective the brightness and picture quality is? My room length is about 22 feet and im a bit wary on if i shud mount it on the ceiling at abt 19feet or take it up right back on my rear wall at 22 feet. Your advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Also pls let me know why you did not opt for the Optoma 20!

I am not a techie. I went for the best one available in the market with the little research that I did because I always prefer the best technology as even latest technology becomes old very fast. So I want the product to stand by me for the longest possible time.

My viewing distance is very long, it is three rooms combined into one. I don't know the exact length but you can imagine three normal sized rooms.

Optoma 20 (the small projector you refer to?) is only ceiling mount if I am not wrongand I wanted a table mount. Also the picture quality is far better in a Epson TW 4500. But Optoma is a very nice projector. I nearly bought it but the main reason I opted out of it - it does not have half the service centres in India which Epson does. There are 3 Epson service centres near my home. If some thing goes wrong, I always want people around to help me as I have very less idea.

Sorry but I really can't give more advice as I am not very knowledgeable about these things.

Last edited:
adjusting the RBG/brightness/contrast levels according to your room setup..
some of us are very lazy in checking the manuals/forums once we purchase electronics..take me for instance.. after running 60hrs on my prj i calibrated the settings even when i was aware of the same when i was searching..
the experience of movie watching can improve greatly if you have the correct settings..
check the forums for TW4500 or the equivalent epson USA model and check the manual..

in any case, you should do the final calibration after about 80-100 lamp hours..

the lamp needs to "settle down"

while you will get the an idea of the controls from your manual, you should read up on the internet on how to calibrate. avsforum is a godo place to start. they also have a freeware downloadable calibration disc.

cheers

No sorry. It costed a lot, a fair bit more than 1.66 lakhs some one quoted. Some one was willing to import it from Singapore for me for 1.75 but that would be without warranties. In don't regret the price I paid as a checked it at 3 places and it was near same amount at all 3 places. I would suggest you check 2-3 sellers and then decide what's a fair price yourself. The projector is worth it as it is a one time investment. I am on a partial holiday till tomorrow and I have watched 7-8 movies on this with PS3 and HDMI cable over the past 4 days and even DivX movies are damn clear on the Da-Lite screen. I watched Kick-Ass downloaded and it felt I was watching in the cinema hall or even better.

So Pratters - you dont want to tell us how much you paid for this thing :)

Congrats Pratters on a gr8 buy. I am planning to get the Epson as well shortly. Its a superb projector and I have seen it in action. Could you please tell me the throw distance you are using right now and how effective the brightness and picture quality is? My room length is about 22 feet and im a bit wary on if i shud mount it on the ceiling at abt 19feet or take it up right back on my rear wall at 22 feet. Your advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Also pls let me know why you did not opt for the Optoma 20!

19 and 22 ft would not make much of a difference but the angle would. There's a horizontal and vertical shift for the lens but no keystone. This is not required too. I suggest that you use your 22 ft option and put the projector down on a pedestral of about 6ft if you can manage. For an ansi 1600 and projection distance of 22 ft, 21 ft( considering the space taken to do seating arrangements) is the near perfect viewing distance which actually should be 1.5 times of the diagonal of your projected image.
if you use 22ft option ie; approx. 7.2 meters, it will give you a diagonal of 242 inches on a 16:9, just 58 inches short of the max 300 inches available.
The brightness is not an issue at all because the type of options you have, to adjust the kind of pic you need is amazing. You wouldn't even need to go for the dynamic mode, which incidentally is the brightest but eats up lamp life.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back