1080p and 720p - Cheapest DLP Projector of 2010.

deba

Dear All,

Kindly post the make / model and price of the cheapest 1080p and 720p DLP Projector in the Indian market as of March 2010.

Thanks.

There is nothing as cheap 720p or 1080p projector in India, all options available locally are exorbitantly priced. But also depends on your perception on what is a cheap price!
for eg HD20 which sells for less than 1000US is price in excess of 2000US here.
Good option would be if you can source it directly from US. Search the forum and this topic has been discussed earlier.
_M

HD65 is available in grey market for 50 to 55k in India / that is the cheapest in 720P grey category.

HD20 is available for 85K in grey category / That is the cheapest

Go for Optoma HD 20 its an awesome machine you can't go wrong with it.
+1 to that and when needed the replacement lamp cost is also very affordable.

If at all you wanna take the grey route why not get it through one of the guys who can get it for you from US. Forum members have got it for almost 20K less than in grey. Worth a try.

don't forget to check the models from epson and viewsonic, if u plan to purchase from india..
u can also look in the not HT segment most of them are now XGA/WXGA/WSXGA so there are many options for 720p, which can be had for around 30-50k

I already have a Mitsubishi XGA Projector so am I getting the 720p resolution ? If so then if I buy a 720p projector will it improve the video quality ?

Thanks.

I already have a Mitsubishi XGA Projector so am I getting the 720p resolution ? If so then if I buy a 720p projector will it improve the video quality ?

Thanks.

XGA is not actually 720p, it is 1024x768 which is a 4:3..
WXGA is 1366x768 which is effectively 768p :lol: so slightly better than 720p
More details here = Display resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If u already have a XGA machine then u shud only go for 1080p and no less
Check HD20 for 70k, Mits 3800 for 90k, Pana 4000 = 1.35L (price includes customs)
HD20 46k, Mits 3800 68k, Pana 4000 for 94k, if u avoid customs
there are many other options with benq/viewsonic/sharp etc which u can explore, but trust me you wd fall back on the same three models (atleast 2-3 months back this was the case)

If a 1024 X 768 (4:3) resolution projector is used for projecting 16:9 material then we get 1024 X 576 resolution , so its a 576p resolution.:lol:
But we get 768p resolution if we project a 4:3 material like old movies....

If a 1024 X 768 (4:3) resolution projector is used for projecting 16:9 material then we get 1024 X 576 resolution , so its a 576p resolution.:lol:
But we get 768p resolution if we project a 4:3 material like old movies....
so with 4:3 u already have an experience of 768p, better than 720p.. :)
all the more reason to have a 1080p

20north is selling the HD20 for Rs 73303/-........

20north appears to be an awesome site.

Is it

a) Reliable
b) What is the guarantee that goods wont be damaged in transport like sensitive material like screen and projector?

I don't mind paying a bit extra as long as I get the best goods 'safely'.

Hi,

I have a HD65 which has a native resolution of 720p but it can interpolate 1080p. If you are getting 720p, then you can be happy about it, but I dont know if data pj can do this interpolate thing.

Definitely HD20 is worth the buy, i am sure price will drop down the road. I have seen it go as low as 799 a few months back. You can check the price graph at projector central.

Cheers!

20north appears to be an awesome site.

Is it

a) Reliable
b) What is the guarantee that goods wont be damaged in transport like sensitive material like screen and projector?

I don't mind paying a bit extra as long as I get the best goods 'safely'.

Presently I did not have a very satisfying transaction with 20north regarding blu rays so would refrain from getting any product from them in future.....

Using HD 20 from last 3 months its an awesome projector, you can't go wrong with it. Buy if it is within your budget.

Using HD 20 from last 3 months its an awesome projector, you can't go wrong with it. Buy if it is within your budget.

Hi Dushie,

Just noticed on your signature today that you are having an 150-inch screen, Holy Angel!:clapping::clapping::clapping: Would love to see it someday!

You must be having a wonderful time with that! Enjoy!

Cheers!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back