1080p output overflowing the LCD screen

grunthos

I recently bought a 40' Samsung 5 series. Am very happy with the purchase, esp since now I can do justice to my 720p collection - and Star Cricket HD on the the complimentary Dish TV HD also helps

Anyway, I have connected my HTPC to it.
Here is the config

- Intel Dual Core 2.7 GHz Processor
- Gigabyte GA EG41M-S2H Mother Board
- 2 GB DDR2 Ram Kingston
- 2 TB SATA Seagate
- 1.5 TB SATA Western Digital Green Caviar

Connection is through HDMI cable to the HDMI/DVI port on the Samsung

Now when I set screen resolution to 1080p, the desktop exceeds the screen horizontally and the first column of icons arent visible at all. As if the horizontal resolution of the TV is less than 1920 pixels
It is a setting on the TV that has to be tweaked, but I cant figure out which one

When I reduce the HTPC resolution to 1680x1050, the desktop appears just fine and everything works just as it is supposed to. To be honest, the difference between 1680x1050 and 1080p is not much, but I want to know that full HD is available to me whenever I want it

I remember reading about someone facing the same problem on this forum a few months back, however I cannot find that post despite my vigorous search attempts. Hence if you can provide me ways to fix this, I'd be very grateful

Or if you can just point me towards that old post, it would be brilliant

Thank you

Is this tv setup in dual monitor ? if yes then dont use the extended desktop mode.
IF this just used a single monitor check the aspect ratio option in the tv and set it to screen fit.

You also need to disable "Video" scaling by NAMING the DVI port as PC otherwise you may get funny colors! If you do so, screen fit would be set by default for 1:1 pixel mapping.

You also need to disable "Video" scaling by NAMING the DVI port as PC otherwise you may get funny colors! If you do so, screen fit would be set by default for 1:1 pixel mapping.

were shud video scaling be disabled.
I am using nvidia 9500 512 Mb graphic card , I have noticed that quality of 720P movies have degraded on My panasonic s20D TV,It usedd to work great but i guess i changed some setting and since then PQ has degraded quite a lot.
I have also re-installed the card drivers but still no luck.

Can anybody advise what can be done to restore the PQ.
Issue is :
Edges are not sharp,:sad:
There is Easily viewable pixlation happening in high resolution 720p content :sad:

were shud video scaling be disabled.
I am using nvidia 9500 512 Mb graphic card , I have noticed that quality of 720P movies have degraded on My panasonic s20D TV,It usedd to work great but i guess i changed some setting and since then PQ has degraded quite a lot.
I have also re-installed the card drivers but still no luck.

Can anybody advise what can be done to restore the PQ.
Issue is :
Edges are not sharp,:sad:
There is Easily viewable pixlation happening in high resolution 720p content :sad:
I was talking of scaling on the TV. Please ensure that the DVI/HDMI input on the TV is NAMED PC connection (I am not sure if this affects Panasonic TVs as well though). For your PC, try using Kazaa Lite Mega Codec Pack from: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm for playing those movies and use "Haali" as the playback output plugin. I have seen Haali giving best scaled output. Hope this helps.

Thanks but I do not see anything wrong in the colors
Everything is working just as it is supposed to be

I am having same issue with my SONY W32400A tv connected VIA 1080p graphics card from my desktop.

Any suggestions ?

Now when I set screen resolution to 1080p, the desktop exceeds the screen horizontally and the first column of icons arent visible at all. As if the horizontal resolution of the TV is less than 1920 pixels
It is a setting on the TV that has to be tweaked, but I cant figure out which one

Thank you

My cousin has connected his pc to his samsung 32" LCD ( dont know which model) but it was bought during 2007-2008. Yesterday when he switched on his PC, he faced the same issue which you are facing now. He just navigated to the display options in the TV and executed the just scan option, voila the desktop was adjusted perfectly.

The same thing happened with my sony cx520 when connected to a compaq laptop via HDMI. Since there are no display options available in SONY TVs unlike samsung ones, i used nvidia control panel to adjust display and it worked fine...

So you can try the above....

My cousin has connected his pc to his samsung 32" LCD ( dont know which model) but it was bought during 2007-2008. Yesterday when he switched on his PC, he faced the same issue which you are facing now. He just navigated to the display options in the TV and executed the just scan option, voila the desktop was adjusted perfectly.

The same thing happened with my sony cx520 when connected to a compaq laptop via HDMI. Since there are no display options available in SONY TVs unlike samsung ones, i used nvidia control panel to adjust display and it worked fine...

So you can try the above....

What adjustments you did with nvidia panel ? Can you give more details ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back