2 ton split AC.....which brands to look?

I would sincerely suggest Onida for you. Onida is seriously concentrating on their A/C business and the compressors come from Japan from the same plant as Hitachi.

I have Onida in my house and its actually better than my Hitachi in performance, sound, and electricity. I have a Hitachi window the top model with twin fans,

+1 to that. My second A/C which I purchased for my Chennai home recently was a Onida split A/C. No matter how hot the room is, it gets cool in few minutes. The guys who installed the A/C confirmed that the compressor is from Hitachi. It's a lot cheaper than other good brands.

As a side note, I have been using a Hitachi split A/C for the last 6 years again at my home in Chennai and barring the LCD display board which had to be replaced once, it has been running without a flaw. And it runs a lot quieter than the Onida.

I wanted an extra ordinary printer which prints a3 size papers which are quite big compared to the usual a4 size, i had to choose between epson and hp brand, after a lot of dilemma i choose hp because i have dealt with this brand happily quite a few times and moreover they are leaders in printers.

With epson the offer was tempting, one the cost was about 2,000/- rupees less and importantly they had a 2 year warranty with pick up and delivery while with hp it is one year limited warranty but interestingly in case of a major problem they are likely to replace it with a new piece.

V.

Apologies from deviating from the topic - Vinay , chosing Hp was a good choice, but just wanted to highlight one thing in case of any major issues they do give a printer replacement but usually it will be a refurbished printer and not a new one. But it will work fine.

It's better to be aware of the same as later on one should not repent.
The policy is same for most of the product Hp sells in India.

My parents are buying AC today. I don't have clue which is good for their need. Hitachi is costing too much - 38k in Gandhinagar,Gujarat.
I have received some good feedback of carrier ( hope spelling is correct ) but I have heard this company first time

Requirements:

likely usage : to be used 4 months in a year. daily 6-8 hrs that's in summer ( 2 months ) , 2 month during September-october ( daily 4 hrs )
room size 10 * 8 with hight of 11 to 24 ft ( sloppy ceiling)

budget : 30k

please help asap with company and model number.

Is it a FREE access ..... top bedroom with ground living room?

In case so, then the AC would need to be installed in the top bedroom. The chilled air would automatically find its own way down. You may require the full 2 TR during summers.

It is ALWAYS the installation and sizing that determines the efficient and trouble-free operations of the ACs .... nothing much else .... You may look at LG, Samsung, Haier, Electrolux, Onida, Whirlpool for the mid brands. High brands like Hitachi, Mitsubishi, General, Daikin would be out of reach. There are yet 2 other threads, one on 1 TR and the other on 1.5 TR ACs wherein a lot on installation and sizing has been discussed at length .... please go through them.

its a free view. Acess to top bedroom is through stairs which are next to kitchen.
so, I think better to install on ground floor in leaving room. Besides, Top floor bed room is not in use.

finally dealer managed to convince to my parents not to put AC in livingroom , rather put in closed bedroom on ground floor other side.
I hate myself :mad: that I couldn't get best item and deal for them quickly and they settled as per the dealers advice and went for LG LSA3N*** (something) 1 Ton 3 star display piece for 23k with installation. I don't know it is good or not:sad:

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back