2 Way Active speaker amp module

Aniket, congrats on your new build. However, I am not able to see the photos. It would be great if you could share tech details of your amp as well as crossover section.

Aniket, congrats on your new build. However, I am not able to see the photos. It would be great if you could share tech details of your amp as well as crossover section.

Thanks man,

pics may be visible now, or here's the link for the album: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B83NgqcNMzasMUhmeEc2UU9CS00

Amp section has two amp circuits, one for low frequency(300-500W), other for high frequency(50-100W), power output depends on the power supply and choice of output devices. power supply is on the same PCB.

Low frequency amp is Class G, THD<0.01% at rated power, high frequency amp is Class AB, THD<0.004% at rated power. both amplifiers are incorporated with number of protection and sensing circuits, clipping indicators etc. the relay board is separate.

Active crossover is on a separate PCB, with balanced inputs, 80Hz low cut switchable filter. crossover is a 4th order 24dB octave with crossover frequency centered at 2500Hz, which can also be adjusted, a master volume control with onboard gain control for tuning for different speakers. there's also a peak level indicator there.

Regards,
Aniket

module looks good Aniket,

Guess this will best suit for 2 way monitors.

Thanks mate.

this module is suited for both pro as well as home audio applications. yes this will work great in studio monitor application as crossover frequency and gain is adjustable to get a absolutely flat response of the complete system.

I primarily designed this for pro audio applications, but considering the THD, noise performance and sound quality it can well surpass many good hifi systems.

Regards,
Aniket

The amp module is completed and tested. some pics:

2HSCE9-RU61nznENfNZ2FGLOvXKWLfaLv8oKJ7kIJhVBriwRfZ4VSkFi-EgCaOtpkYN_VGCXPFOJdqM=w1920-h974-rw

CwAu2VTcQxt6c7rkHN9MokDBW8WmcAuqzwiCc0IsjwLmwFcmJFnYNPezbLm-or6k8l_ig51hmpOIhuU=w1920-h974-rw

ihykOJsNkUORemQf3gfXozagn38pf6xm-erlUFWkB08lqrn0_cPbyMlvcqeZukKKIx1EU_XRx71Fo3o=w1920-h974-rw

xjFGuXz0xnKD0Bfqnd8Z6hdfoRVC-C1-deEjWGto0tP018-a_6XumNU0fkc8EKZckXbfk0mVwBD_M1w=w1920-h974-rw

AVnvDxiNH0vlHj9Flx483ZnOh7f8Trh3bvne236VH_Or70AD8D1X3nVFhuBi_6b35fAGW-Z4_ErwmNA=w1920-h974-rw

Regards,
Aniket

I primarily designed this for pro audio applications, but considering the THD, noise performance and sound quality it can well surpass many good hifi systems.
For home audio active systems, the amps may well be excellent, but the crossover may need more flexibility. A crossover of a speaker designed for careful listening usually needs adjustable Q in the filters, plus at least 1-2 channels of parametric eq to sort out uneven frequency responses. Time alignment between drivers may need an all-pass filter with adjustable delay. Asymmetric slopes are common too.

Just a crossover with a specific slope is great for pro applications, like sound reinforcement situations or concert halls.

For home audio active systems, the amps may well be excellent, but the crossover may need more flexibility. A crossover of a speaker designed for careful listening usually needs adjustable Q in the filters, plus at least 1-2 channels of parametric eq to sort out uneven frequency responses. Time alignment between drivers may need an all-pass filter with adjustable delay. Asymmetric slopes are common too.

Just a crossover with a specific slope is great for pro applications, like sound reinforcement situations or concert halls.

Correct :)

the crossover here is tuned to a particular set of drivers. an Eminence Compression driver and two 10" or 12" mid bass. Its a 4th order 24dB octave.

But, I have designed the crossover to be fully customized later for different drivers and different applications.

Regards,
Aniket

Great work Aniket! Amazing talent
Would you mind putting up a short tutorial about these different components used and its purpose - for novice users like me

Why do we have a forum? Why not every one just read books
A forum is useful to fill the gaps which books won't fill. The authors of books may not be willing to clear your doubts on 1-to-1 communication.

But to ask a FM to write a short tutorial may be presuming too much on his time.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back