2 way design help

Alan Meyne

I need support with respect to the design of cabinet and cross over for a two way floor standing speaker using the Peerless vline (previously Vifa) drivers:
P17WJ-00-08
D25AG-35-06
Can someone help please? :)

Cheers!
Alan

I need support with respect to the design of cabinet and cross over for a two way floor standing speaker using the Peerless vline (previously Vifa) drivers:
P17WJ-00-08
D25AG-35-06

Cheers!
Alan
Hi

My Accoustic Portrait MS101 bookshelf speakers use these very drivers but have written 'Vifa' over them. Tell me how I may help you.

Rgds

Rajesh

Hi Capt,

That's great! thank you,

couple of things...
May I have the dimensions of the enclosure? Whether ported or sealed? any chance of knowing the crossover details? afew pics will be great to know the position of the drivers and their relative location with respect to the front baffle.

Really appreciate your help!

also...how do they sound?

Regards,

Alan

Hi
Google Accoustics & u should be getting a link to their brochure in PDF format. I'm no tour. Will send u the pics etc after I go back to Chennai. PM me ur mail id

P17WJ-00-08
D25AG-35-06

Cheers!
Alan

Do you have the Thiel-Small parameters for these drivers? If yes, then you can download software like winisd from the internet to help design the cabinet for you. As for the cross-over you will need the TS parameter, Frequency domain plot and the impedance curve of the drivers to help you decide the cross-over point and other compensating network required for the drivers.

All the best with your effort.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back