20north.com! Anyone bought anything yet?

No dude, lots of excellent deals. The Denon 1940 DVD player is available for 9,000 bucks including shipping and duty...to buy it in India it is about 32k MRP....and street price is about 28-29k. Considering that it's a highly regarded DVD player with Faroudja DCDi and so on, this is a superb deal.

Of course specific items maybe expensive, but if you look around there are tons of brilliant deals to be had.

It's only $87.22 OR INR 4350.00 at Amazon. What a steal if anyone can get this from US!

Most of the computer gear, including sound cards are a lot more expensive than here in india. But that is expected I guess. I wonder why are they even listing these things that are easily and much more cheaply available in india.

Most of the computer gear, including sound cards are a lot more expensive than here in india. But that is expected I guess. I wonder why are they even listing these things that are easily and much more cheaply available in india.

I don't think it's a case of the seller picking and choosing what he'd like to sell. I think whatever the source company has in its inventory is available on 20north, seamlessly.

oh yes absolutely, without a doubt, nothing on 20north.com will compare to having someone get it from the US, but compared to India prices, there are many good deals to be had, especially for those who don't have friends/relatives coming down from the US.

It's only $87.22 OR INR 4350.00 at Amazon. What a steal if anyone can get this from US!

No dude, lots of excellent deals. The Denon 1940 DVD player is available for 9,000 bucks including shipping and duty...to buy it in India it is about 32k MRP....and street price is about 28-29k. Considering that it's a highly regarded DVD player with Faroudja DCDi and so on, this is a superb deal.

Of course specific items maybe expensive, but if you look around there are tons of brilliant deals to be had.

Man, I had checked the prices of atleast 40 items (Receiver,Speakers,DVP,WDTV,Mobile), and everything was from 5 to 80% higher. Yes, as u said site has good deals for only specific/selected items.

the question remains will they deliver on this front - i know of this guy from techenclave who does have a similar business model but have never interacted with him before.

So 20north do you accept this business model - we give you the link with the product info and price - you calculate and give us a round figure for shipping, duty etc......I am sure you can find more buyers here - Oppo is next then for me.

Hi,

DISCLAIMER: I haven't dealt with this site so no first hand experience.

Checkout Welcome to vPOSTAsia - Globeshopping. Without Globehopping. .They allow you to buy from any online dealer in US/UK/Japan. You get the item shipped to vpostasia's local address in these countries. They ship the item to your door step. This way you can buy from any online dealer who doesn't ship to India.

~Swapnil

But I have seen that in US bookshelves are always more expensive than FS. I had mentioned this some other thread. You may find such difference in Amazon as well.

Not Sure if some one had already responded back to the above note.

Well the reason for FS price being low in most of the sites is normally in case of FS the price will be mentioned for a Single piece not for a pair as we calculate.

Thanks
Ramesh S

I'm sorry but could you please explain why selling a product at a lesser price than the local distributor be an infringement? And why should the distri get a commission?

It depends on the legal agreement between the distributor and the manufacturer. If a particular distributor is exclusive for a region, he can file a complaint against anyone selling those products commercially (AFAIK, second sales are not counted in this).

This is one of the reasons why Amazon.com is not shipping, say, a Denon DVD player outside of Canada / USA.

Not Sure if some one had already responded back to the above note.

Well the reason for FS price being low in most of the sites is normally in case of FS the price will be mentioned for a Single piece not for a pair as we calculate.

Thanks
Ramesh S

Hey thanks Ramesh. My! What an oversight! It make so much sense now!!

Okay Adil - just a few questions since your business model is pretty unique and useful for people such as us. So if we get you a website with an article for a stated price (say an Sandisk sanza 8 GB for 80 USD on Amazon, New egg etc whereas the real price is nearly 170 USD) - would you calculate and give us an indicative price for shipping instead for offering a fixed rate + shipping charges.

What you should do is let the interested buyer give you the info for the product and price and you quote the prices for shipping and handling. Atleast there is more transparency in this regard.

If this is the model - you will find many takers - I beign one of them

Send us a link with "Special Order" as the subject and you will know exactly how we work. We are extremely transparent

me too! me too! me too!
Adil - can the following be done?
I order somethign from amazon, get it shipped to a friend. He tests and finds ok, or else return it.
If it is ok, he uses your service to get it shipped to me in India?

regards

Im sorry we do not provide this service. You can give us a link and we will buy it for you. Also if the product is defective you can return the product to us as per our return policy

20north is not the only service of this kind. In techenclave forum, there is a dealer out of mumbai who does this kind of stuff (from limited set of web merchants).
If 20north can do this for ebay/audiogon items, that would be cool.

Hello Raj
We provide you with an option to buy from any site in the USA. We have a small process for validating a merchant before we allow a purchase from there. ebay/audigon are good merchants

the question remains will they deliver on this front - i know of this guy from techenclave who does have a similar business model but have never interacted with him before.

So 20north do you accept this business model - we give you the link with the product info and price - you calculate and give us a round figure for shipping, duty etc......I am sure you can find more buyers here - Oppo is next then for me.

Please send us a link and we will estimate the price of the product and upload it on our website from where you can buy the same. Would like you guys to send us some links and give it a try

As mentioned earlier we are not in control of this. Our merchants upload any product they wish to

Hi,

DISCLAIMER: I haven't dealt with this site so no first hand experience.

Checkout Welcome to vPOSTAsia - Globeshopping. Without Globehopping. .They allow you to buy from any online dealer in US/UK/Japan. You get the item shipped to vpostasia's local address in these countries. They ship the item to your door step. This way you can buy from any online dealer who doesn't ship to India.

~Swapnil

20North allows you to buy from any dealer in USA , with much lower shipping costs

Last edited:
ok, I did some more digging around on this. Looks like most of the products are coming from amazon. the items that are out of stock in 20north are also not available (but listed) on amazon.com. Though their pricing does not match amazon's rates considering a conversion rate of 48.5. All their prices are higher than amazon.com.
Their shipping charges are 2.50$ per pound, sounds pretty good to me. Duty on hifi equip (thats all I checked) is approximately 27% of the cost they are quoting, which probably includes shipping within US. If we can get rid of that, probably it will come up to 36%?
You can return anything to the courier itself without taking delivery (e.g. in case the box is damaged etc), but after taking the delivery if you return, you loose twice the shipping cost. Duty gets refunded once they get the duty back from customs.
Their main office is in indiranagar 12th main bangalore. Quite close to where I live, maybe someday i will drop in to their office just to take a look.

Still have a few questions, if I want to purchase something from some other site, what happens to the shipping within US. Which place does it get shipped to. I just want to know this to figure out the total cost of the product i am planning to buy. Anyone knows this. Anyone bought anything from them?

Doors,
I live on 13th main. Where exactly on 12 main is their office ?

and I live within 5 mins walk of 12th main too (13th main) .. :)

we should gang up and visit them in black suits and dark glasses ... "We are from HifiVision ..." :lol:

Cheers

and I live within 5 mins walk of 12th main too (13th main) .. :)

we should gang up and visit them in black suits and dark glasses ... "We are from HifiVision ..." :lol:

Cheers

:clapping: wish i was in bengaluru. Why am I stuck in Pune:sad:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back