20north.com! Anyone bought anything yet?

and I live within 5 mins walk of 12th main too (13th main) .. :)

we should gang up and visit them in black suits and dark glasses ... "We are from HifiVision ..." :lol:

Cheers
Hey my Orignal Idea :clapping::clapping::clapping:
Why I am stuck in mumbai :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Add to that hire a black car ,and carry silver attaches!

and I live within 5 mins walk of 12th main too (13th main) .. :)

we should gang up and visit them in black suits and dark glasses ... "We are from HifiVision ..." :lol:

Cheers

Man, u guys are a lot closer than I am. I live on cambridge road.

there address is -

20North Online Private Limited,
No.2984 II Floor, 12th Main
HAL II Stage, Indiranagar
Bangalore 560038

Good to know that if I am not satisfied with their service, I can actually go and talk to them.

Still have a few questions, if I want to purchase something from some other site, what happens to the shipping within US. Which place does it get shipped to. I just want to know this to figure out the total cost of the product i am planning to buy. Anyone knows this. Anyone bought anything from them?

shipping cost they update on the site and send u a mail . No I didnot buy anything from that site, searching for good deals.:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
The shipping costs will be recalculated when we are checking out and the same will be charged on your a/c (the displayed charge is only an estimate). Since there was a fault i could find out in their inventory details, i checked it with the CC and they confirmed that nothing else will be charged than the checked out amount. Thats why i got a Branded PJ screen at a very good price (difference of 5-6K min on compared with the price in the market).

I dont think they will give a quotation without the customs duty. If you are planning to ship to some US address, why are you trying a 3rd party from India, why cant you try amazon or similar sites directly. Moreover it will be cheaper than this, since the items displayed in this site are from amazon and similar online stores (with the same item code), for more info. check my earlier post in the 2nd / 3rd page.

Regarding the return policy, its better check / receive the product from the office itself. Since my parcel was around 10ft long, they told me that they will send it home and i can check it. Also they agreed that i can personally check it at their office and they will deliver afterward. If i find any issue even after receiving the item they will take it back (may be within some time limit), there is no hard and fast rule (and this is only an oral commitment)

Last edited:
The shipping costs will be recalculated when we are checking out and the same will be charged on your a/c (the displayed charge is only an estimate). Since there was a fault i could find out in their inventory details, i checked it with the CC and they confirmed that nothing else will be charged than the checked out amount. Thats why i got a Branded PJ screen at a very good price (difference of 5-6K min on compared with the price in the market).

I dont think they will give a quotation without the customs duty. If you are planning to ship to some US address, why are you trying a 3rd party from India, why cant you try amazon or similar sites directly. Moreover it will be cheaper than this, since the items displayed in this site are from amazon and similar online stores (with the same item code), for more info. check my earlier post in the 2nd / 3rd page.

I am planning to get a subwoofer from US. Lets say I go with SVS sub. Now as I understand it, SVS needs to ship it to 20north somewhere in US, and 20north takes it from there and gets it to india. So I need to pay shipping charges that svs charges. So the point is, where does SVS ship it to, new york, LA, where? The shipping charges will depend upon the location of 20north in USA.

As far as i know they dont have any office outside india. What they use to do is that they will order on behalf of us through online vendors and those vendors ships it to india and these guys handles all the formalities in india. What you are looking at is a kind of parcel service. I dont think they can do that.

By the way, which model are you looking for? I am also planning for a sub. DSW PRO 600 / Velodyne Impact are coming in my range. How much do you think the SVS cost. I tried in SVS website and their local (on adding customs and other fomalities) and international shipping cost seems to be very high.

As far as i know they dont have any office outside india. What they use to do is that they will order on behalf of us through online vendors and those vendors ships it to india and these guys handles all the formalities in india. What you are looking at is a kind of parcel service. I dont think they can do that.

By the way, which model are you looking for? I am also planning for a sub. DSW PRO 600 / Velodyne Impact are coming in my range. How much do you think the SVS cost. I tried in SVS website and their local (on adding customs and other fomalities) and international shipping cost seems to be very high.

If the vendor (in this case, SVS) ships it to india, they will use their own shipping channels, which would cost a lot of money, 20north will not be able to offer 2.50 dollars/pound shipping. if SVS is not able to use their own shipping channel, then 20north's shipping guys will have to pick it up from SVS warehouse. Dont know how this works as it will have an effect on the cost.

both the subs you mention are cheaper in india than on 20north site. I am not sure yet, I have asked 20north for estimates and they are yet to get back. Will decide depending upon the price. Currently I am considering svs pb12 nsd, sb12 (only 40 pounds), outlaw lfm1plus and hsu vtf-2 mk3. Most of these will come to approximately 40-60k price range.
I tried the polk, didnt like it. too boomy for my taste and not good for music. Pretty good for movies though, but then for movies it has to compete with klipsch in this price range and looses out on that. havent tried the impact, not sure if 165 watts on a 12"woofer is going to be enough for my room as the dining and kitchen opens into the living room where the music system is kept.

I am planning to get a subwoofer from US. Lets say I go with SVS sub. Now as I understand it, SVS needs to ship it to 20north somewhere in US, and 20north takes it from there and gets it to india. So I need to pay shipping charges that svs charges. So the point is, where does SVS ship it to, new york, LA, where? The shipping charges will depend upon the location of 20north in USA.

Send us the link of the product you want to buy to [email protected] and we will take care of the rest. You will pay us and we will pay the merchant and get the goods to India.

Its USA based. Not sure though about performance but I would assume they would be good. Maybe others on the forum who've used or heard will throw some light.

I seen sherwood produts in jamo showroom(cinerama pvt ltd) in chennai, they are the reatilers of the sherwood products. but dont know about their perfomance, but price seems to be lesser then leading brands

cheers

That is correct, it is not. People who love this stuff usually have no money, and those who have the money don't usually spend it on Audio. Video is slowly emerging as a lucrative market, but audio has a long way to go.

Well said cranky, what you said is 100% right and i personally affected by getting into this A/V business, but the marketting gimmics may boost some businees here in india as some told.

for 23k, i can get a recliner here in india. why would i just get a chair?

I remember reading here that someone was interested in this. Besides, this is the 2nd most comfortable chair I've ever sat in. The most comfortable one was an Ekornes Stressless...

Hi
This site is indianized Amazon.com. Conversion rate appears to be 65 rs to a dollar plus shipping +duty.
I have ordered few things and have got them in time.(Boxes are from Amazon).

Hi
This site is indianized Amazon.com. Conversion rate appears to be 65 rs to a dollar plus shipping +duty.

This were they are adding their margin. Shipping and customs will be actuals.

Hi

I'm not entirely sure it's just products shipped from Amazon. They would need to have a tie up of sorts with Amazon at the very least. Quite a few products that they list and ship i.e. 20 North are not shipped to India by Amazon. I know since I've tried to order electronic gadgets, DVDP and the like. 20 North on the other hand ships them to India!

I have bought a Oppo BDP83 blu ray player through them and I chose Ocean Shipping option, I am yet to recieve the delivery of the same and when I would, then I would inform everyone on this forum about the service and the time they took to bring in the product.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back