20north.com! Anyone bought anything yet?

In my experience, they are ready to reduce the price as much "they can"... it depends..:)

No Sajith, you deserves it. Itz you who spent so much valuable time to get these items listed in the site. This would be really helpful for a lot of DIY people around here.

It is good to know that negotiation can be done on the prices of the items, I was under the impression that the price shown in the site was final and won't be reduced further... thanks for letting us know about it.

Hello,
I fianlly received the book I ordered from 20north. but it took 25 days instead of 14 days as mentioned. The funniest thing is I called them up this morning to find out what happend to my book and they guy after checking their database told me it is still stuck with the customs so I will get it by next friday. But I just received it and it came from amazon. I am happy that I received it but next time I will order directly from amazon. This 20north guys isn't doing much in between.
thnaks.

Hello,
I fianlly received the book I ordered from 20north. but it took 25 days instead of 14 days as mentioned. The funniest thing is I called them up this morning to find out what happend to my book and they guy after checking their database told me it is still stuck with the customs so I will get it by next friday. But I just received it and it came from amazon. I am happy that I received it but next time I will order directly from amazon. This 20north guys isn't doing much in between.
thnaks.

Amazon ship CDs,DVDs,Blu Rays and books through out the world and their shipping method is very reliable, for electronics and all other items you can look at 20north.com which is providing the service in a systimatic manner.

I checked final price of Denon AVR 1910 which comes around 45k.
If you buy locally ,you get same MRP(less price after discount).
Secondlyhttp://www.profx.com/denon_av_receiver.asp no need to buy stepdown Transformer.

Lastly US price shown on 20north(35k) is higher than official Denon web(around 30k-).

I ordered an external MIDI interface through 20north last month, but I was shocked to know about the delay in delivering the item. Every week I call the customer care, they will ask to wait for one more week. The reason is the usual "Waiting for customs clearance..." . I did not receive my item yet, but keeping my fingers crossed. The item I ordered last month for Rs. 8700 is available now for Rs. 7495 in the same website. Disgusting... :sad:

"20 day shipping" is just for name sake...

Last edited:
I ordered an external MIDI interface through 20north last month, but I was shocked to know about the delay in delivering the item. Every week I call the customer care, they will ask to wait for one more week. The reason is the usual "Waiting for customs clearance..." . I did not receive my item yet, but keeping my fingers crossed. The item I ordered last month for Rs. 8700 is available now for Rs. 7495 in the same website. Disgusting... :sad:

Hi L4FS (nice acronym:eek:hyeah:),
going besides the topic...
It appears you are a MIDI user (keyboardist/Music Producer?). I have been a MIDI user long time back. Nice to meet you in this forum.

Which MIDI interface you had ordered?

Regards,

Surprising i was told the same thing for my rockport shoes. Later the same were availaible with free shipping.

IMHO - given the scale of business that is potentially available, it is only a matter of time before they get organized. ( inputs from cmsajith have helped)

So, as suggested, i think that we can individually (collectively) bargain for the best deal.

This will make them more nimble, hire the best help, and we, the buyers, will benefit.:)

instead of trying to make excessive profit from forum members, they should look out a way of involving forum members in getting themselves organized. Though eople in this forum are a very small percentage of the total market out there, but the total market out there would be consulted by the guys here on this forum. Each person can be a brand ambassador.
Well, getting criticized is also a way to get inputs.

Hi L4FS (nice acronym:eek:hyeah:),
going besides the topic...
It appears you are a MIDI user (keyboardist/Music Producer?). I have been a MIDI user long time back. Nice to meet you in this forum.

Which MIDI interface you had ordered?

Regards,

Hi there!

Nice meeting you too.
Yes, I do create lot of music jingles. I did background score for a short-film made by my friend. But I do all this for fun and free.
My gear includes Yamaha PSR 313, M Audio UNO MIDI interface, a old bulky Pioneer Preamp and Mic, Ableton Live Lite, another basic CASIO keyboard etc.
I wanted to clean up some rack space with a TASCAM 122L. It is a portable external sound interface that can be easily plugged into a laptop. I planned to take it out with me for my upcoming vacation, but it seems either I won't be in town or it will be too late when 20north delivers it. :sad:

This is a nice forum. I wish I landed here earlier...

My experience with 20north, order date 21st july, cod4 ps3 game

Call accepted by operator Neil. Currently in room: satish rao, Neil.
Neil:Hello, Thank you for reaching out to 20North Live Help! How can I help you?
satish rao:status of my order please Order Number : 004-275-229181
Neil:please give me a moment......
Neil:Its taking a little more time than expected, I would request you to kindly stay online for another minute or so.
satish rao: ok,
Neil:Thank you for your patience....We are really sorry to inform that the shipment consisting your order has been help up in the customs department due to some paper work issues...
Neil:We are doing everything to expedite the process... We are really apologetic for the inconvenience
satish rao:its now been almost a month
satish rao:what paper work and why does it show in your website under delivered orders then ?
satish rao:i have been getting the stuck in customs answer from you for the past 10 days
Neil:Kindly stay online while I check this information and get back to you....
satish rao: please do something i need thi order by friday ...im furious
satish rao:why does your website commit 20 days max shipping if you cannot remotely keep up that commitment ...... its now 30 days
Neil:Thank you being on hold....
Neil:Here is the tracking number ...12538515323
Neil:i am sorry to inform that we have just received the tracking number that was sent by Blue Dart Courier Service on the 17/8/9....
Neil:If you have any queries kindly contact your local BD Courier Service...
Neil:Once again we apologise thank you for your continued co-operation and patience.
satish rao:
finally thank you
satish rao:and please be more updated as to what is happening in your company

My friend's Grados have arrived safely. They also got a bit delayed at customs, but I think it's inevitable, but it's come, and he's happy with it, so I think that 20north seems like a good option unless your order is time-sensitive.

Has anyone bought oppo digital stuff through 20north ?

I have bough an Oppo BDP83 from them but I am yet to get the delivery of the same. I have been in touch with the support team at the 20north and they told me that my order was lying with custom and they would get it released by today.

I have bough an Oppo BDP83 from them but I am yet to get the delivery of the same. I have been in touch with the support team at the 20north and they told me that my order was lying with custom and they would get it released by today.

Lol i got the same answer for about 10 days. your order will eventually come but it might just take a while. btw i expect a detailed review with pics of that Oppo.

I believe that they will be shipping the item through ocean even if they say it will sent through air, in that way they will get benefited. Otherwise I don't see much issues in getting the item delivered within their specified time.

irrespective of air or ocean, a customs delay is a customs delay, and it's something that happens to most consignments. What i expect to happen is that as time goes by, and the 20north people get more and more 'friendly' with the customs guys at the various locations, the packages from 20north will start to move faster. These guys are still new, and they seem to be going a pretty good job, considering that. Let's use their services more and more so that they get more experience, and their services improve.

I believe that they will be shipping the item through ocean even if they say it will sent through air, in that way they will get benefited. Otherwise I don't see much issues in getting the item delivered within their specified time.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back