2nd Floor 18x24 HT setup

Compudex

I have searched for two days and read a lot before creating one more thread on the similar topic.

Have attached plan, it's new house, now at Pop level. Would be ok to spend 2 lacs for 5.1 setup with zone2 in balcony and pull down projector screen. Can push the budget if needed but initially trying to stick what is allocated.

Usage : Once in a 15 days movies with friends, or else just music. Room is dedicated HT on 2nd Floor of the house, without TV. But a guest room aside with Acoustic wall, No carpet.

So far, I drilled down my search at Yamaha RX-V485 or 585, or i can change to better option. Would like to connect WiFi net, Amazon firestick and Mobile App control to the system with DLNA or easy network sharing available.

Not sure about 5.1 speakers, which needs to be satellite / on wall. CENTER speaker will also be on wall above screen, as there is pillar above big window which is slider. This is same on other length end as well.

Please suggest.

The room size is big. You should consider bookshelf or floor standers. Taga, Bic should be in your budget.

Floor standers will make difference in quality vs Wall hung? Or it will be cheaper for same watts and omh compared to wall?

Also pull down screen is ahead of sliding window, so no space for center speaker on floor. It has to be on wall above screen.

Yamaha RX-V585 is available around 55k, shall I consider any other competing Avr in same budget? All I need is 50/50 Movies/Music, 7.1, WiFi and Network streaming, 4+ HDMI In, Zone B , 4K Video transmission. No plan to upgrade in next 4 years. However, I will upgrade speakers from all satellite to Floor front and move those two satellites in zone B which is balcony.

So far, Denon sys 2020 looks good to me.
Then I will replace front speakers with Taga.

Or shall I go for Yamaha sub SW 100 along with 5 denon speakers?

Hello,
If you want satellites, please audition polk TL1600 Or wharfadale dx2 as well.

Yamaha rx685 has multiroom output and better calibration system you can have a look at that as well.

Usage : Once in a 15 days movies with friends, or else just music. Room is dedicated HT on 2nd Floor of the house,

18 x 24 is a fairly large room..

Would be ok to spend 2 lacs for 5.1 setup with zone2 in balcony and pull down projector screen. Can push the budget if needed but initially trying to stick what is allocated.

I would suggest Denon x 3500, for it has Audyssey XT32 capability, Sub EQ HT feature, which you will defnetly need for your large room, pre-outs where you can add additional power amplifier incase there will be a need.. No idea on Zone 2.. Please check specification..

2 (or) 4 subs if you can, since it is a dedicated HT room and the rest of the budget for speakers..

Denon X3400H is expensive like 95k, I will comoare marantz 6013 with yamaha RX-V585.

How would be result on Taga 5.0 without sub? Or i must add sub with Taga setup? If so, then Wrafdaele dx2 is better package at 58k including sub.

Denon X3400H is expensive like 95k, I will comoare marantz 6013 with yamaha RX-V585.

How would be result on Taga 5.0 without sub? Or i must add sub with Taga setup? If so, then Wrafdaele dx2 is better package at 58k including sub.
I have not listened to either of the speakers but the whaferdale seem to have a bit weak spec on paper for your room. I think you can go with tagas 5.0 setup eith tagas sub or a pair of sub :)

Without sub and such a large room, you may feel the lack of bass.. You may consider Taga 5.0 package and atleast dual sub of Taga TSW series, preferably TSW 200..

If you are going for Marantz SR 6013, then go for dual Taga TSW 200 subs and dual Taga 5.0 speaker package..

You can use one pair of FS for L,R and an other pair of FS for SL/SR, remaining 2 pairs of satellites as heights in your room and 1 center speaker as surr back with an external amplifier, there by making your set-up 6.2.4..

Thank you, though room is big, I would be using it for twice in a month movie. My kid is 6 years old, he wouldn't be using it as much. The idea is to invest in Avr and keep speakers at moderate level. So I had thought of Yamaha RX-V485 or 585 with Denon sys 2020 or wharfedale dx2.

Taga 5.0 is also into consideration.

Now marantz 6013 vs Yamaha 585 is new combination for me to decide.

If your speakers choice is such then no point in buying 6013 type receiver, choose a cheaper alternative there as well.

Taga 5.0 is Taga Harmony TAV-506 V.2 ?

Taga 5.0 represents the 5 speakers in that package without swuboofer.. There are many models of TAV series.. 406/506/606 .. 506 is one such model of the series..

If your speakers choice is such then no point in buying 6013 type receiver, choose a cheaper alternative there as well.

You mean Taga TAV series is a cheap pairing for Marantz 6013?.. What has a speaker got to do with the AVR?..

You mean Taga TAV series is a cheap pairing for Marantz 6013?.. What has a speaker got to do with the AVR?..

Everything. By your yardstick, then one should buy the most basic speakers & buy expensive avr/amp only? How does that provide the desired solution?

I have searched for two days and read a lot before creating one more thread on the similar topic.

Have attached plan, it's new house, now at Pop level. Would be ok to spend 2 lacs for 5.1 setup with zone2 in balcony and pull down projector screen. Can push the budget if needed but initially trying to stick what is allocated.

Usage : Once in a 15 days movies with friends, or else just music. Room is dedicated HT on 2nd Floor of the house, without TV. But a guest room aside with Acoustic wall, No carpet.

So far, I drilled down my search at Yamaha RX-V485 or 585, or i can change to better option. Would like to connect WiFi net, Amazon firestick and Mobile App control to the system with DLNA or easy network sharing available.

Not sure about 5.1 speakers, which needs to be satellite / on wall. CENTER speaker will also be on wall above screen, as there is pillar above big window which is slider. This is same on other length end as well.

Please suggest.
For your room size you may go with 7.2 setup
You should go with 2 Floor standers for Front Left , Front Right ,
1 Center Channel ,
2 or 4 surrounds ,
12 inch SUB (300 watts). (o 10 inch sub woofer - 2 numbers).

Look for AVR with minimum >120 watts watts power output.

You may look for Pioneer LX-501 model and you can consider ONKYO as well.

Everything. By your yardstick, then one should buy the most basic speakers & buy expensive avr/amp only? How does that provide the desired solution?

Yes IMO, if that is what is possible in ones budget.. Marantz SR 6013 + Dual Taga 506 v2 + Dual subwoofers in his budget of 2 Lacs (6.2.4) will be a far better one than any 5.2.2 set-up in his room + pricey speakers..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back