32" (full HD) Jazz LG or 42" (HD ready) PV8

av_bond

Hi

I need some advise....

I am looking to buy an LCD this month and I was thinking about LG Jazz 32" as it has an offer they give USB DVD player + 50 DVDs i thnk for around 38000 or 39000.

But I have gone through the forums and epople have praised PV8.... so I was thinking ki why not go for 42" by adding Rs. 5-6000. what dou guys suggest. I think PV8 is HD-ready while Jazz is Full HD.

I manily watch sport, english movies or will think about buying PS3 later.
My viewing distane will 7-8 feet and I have TataSKy

e.g.On which LCD, will th DVDs or Divx movies look better?

Thanks

At 32" full HD will not make any difference, you are better off in buying a 42 PV8 it is more value for the paise in all departments.

Hi

I need some advise....

I manily watch sport, english movies or will think about buying PS3 later.
My viewing distane will 7-8 feet and I have TataSKy

e.g.On which LCD, will th DVDs or Divx movies look better?

Thanks

well FHD 32inch lcds at 7 to 8 feet u wont notice the difference,and for DVDs/tata sky again FHD tvs will loose to a HD lcd or HD plasma,a HD plasma being lower in resolution still as a slight edge in SD compared to HD lcds,but if u do buy a ps3 i would look at lcds.

...and for DVDs/tata sky again FHD tvs will loose to a HD lcd or HD plasma...

Wait a minute.. Do you mean HDs are 'better' than FHDs in picture quality for DVDs and tata sky? This is new to me. Can you confirm/eloborate?

Wait a minute.. Do you mean HDs are 'better' than FHDs in picture quality for DVDs and tata sky? This is new to me. Can you confirm/eloborate?

Short answer 'yes'. Present day HD Ready LCDs / Plasmas display a slightly better picture with DVDs & Tata Sky.

Present day DVD & Tata Sky signals are not HD. They are SD.
Simply speaking (w/o too much technical facts), Full HD LCDs will have to 'downscale' to 'accomodate' the SD signal. This results in 'loss of some signal', affecting PQ. While HD Ready LCDs / Plasma (PV8 etc.) can 'consume' the SD signal to the maximum and display much better PQ.

However, if one is thinking 'scalability' and want to invest in PS3 or Blu-Ray player in the near future, Full HD would be the way to go.

Try it out for yourself. Go to any electronic shop and ask them to put on a Tata Sky channel and compare it side-by-side (HD Ready LCD / Plasma & Full HD LCD) and decide for yourself.

Well then if I go for plasma

I am concerned about the burnin factor.... I don't think I am going to do all those things like not watching channels for more than 30 min which have logos or tickers... I do not think I will remember those things while watching.

Is this burn in really happens even we don't follow those rules....

If you love watching movies, then go for Plasma. I was in the same position like you and finally decided to go for Plasma. I am enjoying my Samsung A410. It plays TataSky very good. Tried playing Transformers from my Hard Disk and it was too good :eek:hyeah:.

Even if you want to buy a PS3, do you know how many Full HD games are there in Market? Have a look here: List of full HD 1080P PS3 games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Basically there are hardware limitations for Full HD games. Just imagine how a PS3 has to compute and send out several megabytes of data in fraction of seconds... This would take few more years :p

Hi

Is there anyone having plasma PV8 or otherwise having burn in problem.

thanks

Modern day plasma TV do not suffer from burn in problems. But being cautious is always good right?

Read my thread on PV8 and how to avoid burn ins etc. You will all the info.

thanks madbullram I did go through ur post to avoid burn ins....

just making sure its not a big issue with today's plasmas

thanks madbullram I did go through ur post to avoid burn ins....

just making sure its not a big issue with today's plasmas

Its not. In fact in US broadcasters themselves ensure they shift the logo ever second by a pixel but our indian counterparts haven't done that.

Most of the reputed Plasma manufacturers these days take care of burn-in and they have different technologies for that. I think samsung has pixel shift, pana has something.

From Panasonic's media report:
" Panasonic has developed new phosphors that are resistant to image burn-in and has added other features that minimise its occurrence. One
such feature imperceptibly moves the image around the screen to eliminate sharp delineation between dark and light areas. There are several simple steps to take to further prevent the possibility of image burn-in, which should be performed during the break-in period"

But always with electronics I don't take chances :) call that an Indian's Paranoia:D

Last edited:

Dear Friend, i've tested personally in the croma store Tata Sky SD in both full HD and HD ready and my result was its absolutely no difference.
You can check for yourself at a store nearby.

The basic logic is in normal SD broadcast the HD ready Tv has less to upscale than the Full HD in 32 inches. i.e. 576i to 720p than 576i to 1080p.

In 32 inches its tough to notice the difference:clapping:

Re: 46" or 47" LED TV....Help, is LG47LE4600 Good!
LG have launched their new range of TV's for 2011.

The New LV5500 120 Hz LED HDTV with Smart TV Series

LG55LV5500 LG 55LV5500
LG47LV5500 LG 47LV5500
LG42LV5500 LG 42LV5500

The New LG LV3700 60 Hz LED HDTV with Smart TV Series

LG42LV3700 LG 42LV3700
LG55LV3700 LG 55LV3700

Re: 46" or 47" LED TV....Help, is LG47LE4600 Good!
LG have launched their new range of TV's for 2011.

The New LV5500 120 Hz LED HDTV with Smart TV Series

LG55LV5500 LG 55LV5500
LG47LV5500 LG 47LV5500
LG42LV5500 LG 42LV5500

The New LG LV3700 60 Hz LED HDTV with Smart TV Series

LG42LV3700 LG 42LV3700
LG55LV3700 LG 55LV3700

Where did LG launch in india, can you provide some source or weblink ?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back