37-42 inch LCD TV

dichkaun

Hi All,
I am planning to get a 37-42 LCD in the next month.
Just started to do the research and wanted to know which models to look at which to avoid.
My requirements:
Viewing Distance: 8-10ft
Content:
- 70% SD via digital cable Hathway. Planning to move to Sat TV soon.
- Primarily saas-bahu serials
- Few hrs of sport a month.
- 20% cartoons via DVD/WD Player
- 10% movie via WD Player

Room is well lighted. A lot of viewing is during day time.

If there are others from Bangalore planning to buy in the same time frame we can pool to negotiate better.

~dich

My personal advice, go for 32". But if you are very keen in larger screen then max 37". The viewing distance is too less for SD broadcast. It can be a strain on your eyes.

Dichkaun wots ur budget. .Can you strech it enough to LCD with LED backlit TV ( Commonly and wrongly called as LED TV) . They will give a better brightness and a Near Plasma like contrast and lesser motion blurrs/shadow etc . Sammy have got them right . I think they retail for around 50K for 32" Full HD panels .

1 More advise: consider a plasma once . I kno Sales staff etc will tell you that its an obsolete technology and all the Crap. I have just bought a Panasonic C-10 42" after about 6 months of hard research and invaluable suggestions of HIFI VISION members . I feel plasma are better than LCD in Contrast and Motion . Plasma are relatively cheaper as well . My advice You save up some money and buy an HD DTH along . VIA HDMI the Standard Def Channels also look better .

Thanks Ani.
Budget is around 50K. Can stretch it a little.
Been thinking about plasma, but I read that Plasma are not good for brightly lit rooms. Can you shed some insight?
How much you paid for C-10?

~dich

Dichkaun wots ur budget. .Can you strech it enough to LCD with LED backlit TV ( Commonly and wrongly called as LED TV) . They will give a better brightness and a Near Plasma like contrast and lesser motion blurrs/shadow etc . Sammy have got them right . I think they retail for around 50K for 32" Full HD panels .

1 More advise: consider a plasma once . I kno Sales staff etc will tell you that its an obsolete technology and all the Crap. I have just bought a Panasonic C-10 42" after about 6 months of hard research and invaluable suggestions of HIFI VISION members . I feel plasma are better than LCD in Contrast and Motion . Plasma are relatively cheaper as well . My advice You save up some money and buy an HD DTH along . VIA HDMI the Standard Def Channels also look better .

Hi All,
I am planning to get a 37-42 LCD in the next month.

Hey dichkaun;

I recommend sticking with the popular sizes. Go for a 32" or a 40"/42". Avoid the rarer, less-sold 37-inchers. I had a bad experience with a series of glitchy 37" panels.

Of course, this is my personal, unsupported conclusion; I've inquired, but not encountered, anyone else who'd faced exactly the same issue.

Good luck!

+1.
Also the new Sony LCD monolith series has glass panel, so reflection is there.

Well except that the lcds, even glossy ones will have the brightness advantage to defeat the glare then the dimmer plasmas.

Thanks Ani.
Budget is around 50K. Can stretch it a little.
Been thinking about plasma, but I read that Plasma are not good for brightly lit rooms. Can you shed some insight?
How much you paid for C-10?

~dich

I paid 33k for C10 . My room is not the most brightly lit one though. But the Contrast and Colour Vividness of a Plasma is superior than LCD at my pricepoint atleast . Also the refresh rate is way more at double to my vision . 6 times on paper ( this is again compared at my price-point) .

When i started out I was biased toward LCD reason was the fudged Facts given by Sales staff . Believe Me most of them dont kno what they are sellling and the good ones are selling a product for some incentive .

Whatever you buy do you research . You should have seen all of them before you make a final decision . Also the excitement of Research is more than excitement few days after owning it . So enjoy;)
LCD vs Plasma in 2010 -- Engadget

Hi Everyone,

I joined this forum newly, I need a suggestion to buy SONY 40EX400 LCD TV in Gray Market (Burma Bazaar). In Sony World the rate is 60K, in Burma bazaar its only 44K. One of my colleague father has shop in Burma Bazaar, I am planning to buy is reference.
Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Re: 37-42 inch LCD TV - Going for 32

After some re-consideration I decided to go for a 32" model.
Reason: My sitting position is 8-10ft.
However, often family members sit as close as 5'-6' from the TV.
At a distance of 6', 42' is too much in the face even if it is a HD source and quality is good.

Will move my questions to 32" thread.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back