LG42PN4500 @ 38K
- Plasma : 42 inch, 1024x768, 1 HDMI, 1USB
LG50PB560B @ 44K
- Plasma : 50 inch, 1024x768, 1 HDMI, 1USB
Panasonic TH42ST30D
- Plasma : 42 inch, 1920x1080, 4 HDMI, 3USB, 3D, Smart
Philips 50PFL5059
- LED: 50inch, 1920x1080, 240HZ(PMR), 2 HDMI, 1USB

If you're looking to buy one now, go for the Panny plasma (ST30). I know its a couple of generations old but the black level (and hence picture quality) will be far better than the others. Plus it is Full HD and has enough input ports.

If you're looking to buy one now, go for the Panny plasma (ST30). I know its a couple of generations old but the black level (and hence picture quality) will be far better than the others. Plus it is Full HD and has enough input ports.
You will not find this and even thought if you find, it will be at least 4 year old product so it is better to stay away.

Hmm I have few other options
Panasonic 50c300dx
Panasonic 50c410d
Panasonic 49d450d
In focus 60ea800

Just make sure you are getting a sealed piece and not a demo piece. This is true for Panasonic and LG's you have mentioned as they are old models.

But picture wise I would agree with the above. The Panasonic should be a cut above the rest followed by the LG. The LED TVs are anyways more or less the same. (Please no LED/Plasma war here :)). Just providing advice I think is correct.

Also there is a Plasma TV for sale in our forum. Check that out too.

Thanks vinod but the TV on sale is for bangalore only and i am in delhi. The panasonic TH42ST30D is available for 65K. Is that a good price especially for 42 inches, I can get Sony 43W800D and 48W562D at lesser price. Sorry but i am bit confused.... as i cannot see the plasmas before buying.

Thanks vinod but the TV on sale is for bangalore only and i am in delhi. The panasonic TH42ST30D is available for 65K. Is that a good price especially for 42 inches, I can get Sony 43W800D and 48W562D at lesser price. Sorry but i am bit confused.... as i cannot see the plasmas before buying.
You can cover Delhi to Bangalore by train and back and hand carry the TV yourself, provided that you are so dedicated and pricing, trouble etc is worth it for you.

I would recommend that if you have some friends in Delhi who have a plasma TV, either Panasonic or LG or Samsung. Just go to their home and check it out. Then check out the LEDs that you like in the shops around.

Because for the prices, you can buy a cheap 4K LED out there which can be reasonably future proof.

Yes, the plasma is great (I have a Panasonic X30 42 inches), but bottom line, if you are buying new, it is best to future proof it to the extent possible.

However, if you feel the plasma gives a picture quality to you which far exceeds the 4K/UHD benefit, then by all means go for the plasma. Otherwise buy a future proof 4K LED TV.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back