46" LCD dilemma... er... Urgent dilemma.

eeque

This decision has to be made till tomorrow. Think I'll tell the salesmen to sell me the Samsung 46b750 (that being the limit of my budget), assuming I can get them to shut up about the LED's.
I do have the following questions, however..

a) Samsung or Sony?
The one comparable TV is the W series 46" LCD. Retails for about 1.05 lac.

b) Does the 200Hz make any difference?
I stood in all those showrooms and I saw all those demos. The only one place where I could discern a difference was in between a 50Hz and a 100Hz Sony LCD.
Now does the 200Hz feature in the Samsung mean a similar difference in quality?

c) What should be the price? All taxes included.

d) Does anyone know if the onboard movie player can do HD content without intractable hiccups?

And another thing...
The Sony Center in Central Market sells seconds with a 43% off on MRP discount. And that applies to ALL products. Is there anyone who's ever had any experience buying a second?
Apparently, they're "seconds" because of slight manufacturing defects like scratches on the body etc.

the 200hz makes a difference in increasing the motion resolution.also helps reducing judder in 24p movies.also when u watch CGI scenes in movies or animated movies,it will give u that extra sharper picture also called by some as POP look.
yes the difference b/w 100hz and 200hz isn't the same as compared to 60hz to 100hz,due to the limitations of the human eye.

none of the sony lcds have in built HD video playback capability,at the best they accept mpeg1 .
well in lcds its not recommended to buy a seconds factory outlet,since it could be rejected piecies possibly due to external damage,scratches,it could even be due to dead pixels,clouding,returned models.or may be even old models.

as far as hiccups in HD playback better to post in the B650 thread.

This decision has to be made till tomorrow. Think I'll tell the salesmen to sell me the Samsung 46b750 (that being the limit of my budget), assuming I can get them to shut up about the LED's.
I do have the following questions, however..

a) Samsung or Sony?
The one comparable TV is the W series 46" LCD. Retails for about 1.05 lac.

b) Does the 200Hz make any difference?
I stood in all those showrooms and I saw all those demos. The only one place where I could discern a difference was in between a 50Hz and a 100Hz Sony LCD.
Now does the 200Hz feature in the Samsung mean a similar difference in quality?

c) What should be the price? All taxes included.

d) Does anyone know if the onboard movie player can do HD content without intractable hiccups?

And another thing...
The Sony Center in Central Market sells seconds with a 43% off on MRP discount. And that applies to ALL products. Is there anyone who's ever had any experience buying a second?
Apparently, they're "seconds" because of slight manufacturing defects like scratches on the body etc.

The B750 does have superior motion resolution, better screen uniformity, better blacks depending upon the panel. It is also better in terms of connectivity. As in an earlier post if you are looking for the 46 incher the chances of cheaper CMO panels is negligibile. The 46 inchers of the B750 have the AMVA and SPVA panels. After all the B750 was voted one of the finest CCFL LCDs (infact the best this year) available by many experts. The ideal offerings to compare would be the Z550 and the B750 though the Z550 is way too expensive.
The lowest price quoted for the 46 inch b750 was 107000 here in Bangalore.
But you are really lucky if you get one. I have personally given up my b750 purchase plans and moved to the 50V10 from Panasonic currently .Samsung has literally ensured that the LED LCDs sell rather than LCDs for that price tag.
You will benefit from the 200hz in terms of motion resolution a full 1080 lines compared to maximum of 600-650 lines for a 100hz TV. The advantage is hence in sports and fast moving images. Personally though i would like to keep it at a minimum for movies. I hate the video like feel that you get generally when you try reducing judder

W series from Sony is amazing.
Just got a 40 inch (tried the 46 inch but felt it was too big for my room). Have a Samsung LCD 5Series in my bedroom.
samsung - lot of pixel loss as you approach near the tv. Sony - did not find so.
Also Sony colours is very good.
Had tried the LED from Samsung also at the shop - but found images to be too soft.
Go for the W series from Sony if you have a big room.:)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back