46" LED TV - Confused

OK. Why I was asking this is that many a times the improper source material is to be blamed rather than the TV itself. Suppose the source material is not properly conditioned to be played on a fixed resolution TVs, the ghosting is inevitable.
For example if the bluray/dvd transfer of a movie is not proper(additional frames are not added to compensate for the fast motion), ghosting is seen.
Also an LCD tv has its own way of detecting such fast motion and doing its own compensation.
Many a times we are left to wonder whether ghosting is because of the source or the display.;)

Interesting fact is the ghosting is more prominent in LED TV than LCD TV. Old LCD TV which has 5ms response time does not have this ghosting but one of the 26" new LED TV has this ghosting when compared by playing the same video.

Samsung would be the best. I am having this same spec TV of series 5 ( but not smart TV), the TV is doing awesome.

If you dont need the Wi-Fi internet, try looking at other models so that the price will be low. If you dont bother about the price, look at some TV that has more than 100hz clear motion rate. Probably series 6 or 7 will have that...

Not sure about LG.

I feel its not good to go to Vasanth & Co. because the sales person will confuse you to the core. Viveks is a good choice.

What was the price when you bought and is the model no. same? I'm not interested in Wi-Fi or Internet or Smart TV. Just looking for good pic quality in 46" range. Samsung would be the first choice.

What was the price when you bought and is the model no. same? I'm not interested in Wi-Fi or Internet or Smart TV. Just looking for good pic quality in 46" range. Samsung would be the first choice.

No model is different. I meant to say about the performance of the TV. I bought it on last may..The price was 40K... The TV I am having is D series (32 inch) but yours is 'E' Series (46 inch) so probably some multiply of thousand rupees will be more...The specifications are exactly same except the size of the screen and internet facilities...

Last edited:
Thought of buying Samsung 46ES 5600 TV but the price seems to have escalated now from Rs.78,500 to 83,500. Almost all delears are quoting the same price. Seems like the 78,500 price was for New Year offer. Vasanth & Co told that they could give a LG 3D TV for this price of 83500 which would be displayed on Friday. Any idea which model LG 46" 3D TV the delear is talking about? He could not specify the model number as he would be able to give it only on Friday.

Re: 47" LED TV - LG LM6200

Here are links to some pics of the new LG LM6200

https://picasaweb.google.com/113292640114206784807/LGLM6200?authuser=0&feat=directlink

HD channels are good but SD channels are average. 3D is awesome. Still need to setup all other gadgets. The TV is internet ready but the person who came to do the demo told me that it needs a usb dongle and only LG USB dongle would work. Is that true? The USB dongle from LG costs Rs.3000/-. I have not bought that as of now.

Re: 47" LED TV - LG LM6200

Here are links to some pics of the new LG LM6200

https://picasaweb.google.com/113292640114206784807/LGLM6200?authuser=0&feat=directlink

HD channels are good but SD channels are average. 3D is awesome. Still need to setup all other gadgets. The TV is internet ready but the person who came to do the demo told me that it needs a usb dongle and only LG USB dongle would work. Is that true? The USB dongle from LG costs Rs.3000/-. I have not bought that as of now.

Congrats! What was the price u bought?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back