4K HDR10 LED TV 55 Inches+ under 70k

Not intending to hijack your thread but I am having quite similar requirements as you have and in the same process of finding myself a 55 inch TV. So far these are the ones I have shortlisted
- VU 55UH7545 : Rs. 44999 ( the latest model that runs on a custom Android 7.0 based UI and not the certified Android TV)
- TCL 55C2US : Rs. 65590 (looks really exciting with the Wide Color Gamut and 96 local dimming points)
- TCL 55P6US : Rs. 49999 (same as 55C2US minus the WCG, Android TV certification and has lesser 72 dimming points)

Would be great if you folks can share your opinion on this. Also suggest if there are any other options.

NOTE : I've used a Mi TV 4 and would stay away from it.

Sony oled would be my pick as lgs motion processing is not up to the mark. Don't know if on 2018 series is better as they claim. I have a 2017 b7 which has relatively poor motion compared to my old Sony 720p Sony projector. Qled is more detailed in grey scenes than oled. I side by side compared the same scenes before buying. But I the end inprefered black level perfection over it.

Feel free to hijack it. Better to have more discussion, than no discussion.

I had booked the MI TV yesterday and cancelled it, as I found too much negativity across the internet (gaming lag, no upscaling, no 4k with inbuilt apps etc.)

I am planning to go Panasonic showroom this weekend and check out the model suggested in this thread. Have been using Panasonic E6D and had no issues whatsoever (except smart features, which suck).

Also, LG 49uj752t seems like a good TV. Will check it out this weekend. It is available for 70k on Paytm. You can check it out in flesh and if you like it, you could buy it from Paytm. I don't if we will find similar price outside.

TCL models seem like a good deal on paper. Just a little hesitant to go with them due to the brand factor and ASS. If any particular model is a great overall performer, I am willing to take the risk. Let me know if you suggest any.

Personally, not very inclined towards VU for same reasons as TCL.

Let me know if you get any more info.

Sony oled would be my pick as lgs motion processing is not up to the mark. Don't know if on 2018 series is better as they claim. I have a 2017 b7 which has relatively poor motion compared to my old Sony 720p Sony projector. Qled is more detailed in grey scenes than oled. I side by side compared the same scenes before buying. But I the end inprefered black level perfection over it.

Who is selling Sony OLED for less than 70k? Please give me their number. LOL

NOTE : I've used a Mi TV 4 and would stay away from it.
I have the Mi TV 4... what did you find lacking in it?

I also have the Sony A1 and yes while both cannot compare on PQ, both cannot compare on price either, 45K vs. 3 lac.

Mi TV 4 at 8 ms is decent for even the casual gamer. I tested with the PS4 Pro.

I saw the Vu, it plain sucks... the worst PQ, totally pixelated. Have not seen a TCL, so cannot comment.

Not arguing, but trying to see what's lacking considering what it costs at 45K.

if we are talking about getting 55 inch sony lg and samsung oled for less than 75k....why not write to lg or samsung and ask them to provide you with a micro led tv for less than 75k? maybe you will end up being the first person to own micro LED TV in the world!!!

And if you plan not to pay more than 75K for 55 inches....lets not talk about getting the best features of all the major labels in one TV.....there are people on this forum who are spending 2 to 3 lacs and it makes sense for them.

So stick to decent selling models since their ASS should be decent given the volumes...if u just want a big TV for small price...most TVs will foot the bill. I have the Iffalcon and I have no issues thus far...but I dont know about their ASS and i dont care about dolby vision and hdr 10 and dolby true HD sound and all that crap......if I play a video on my TV and ask someone if they think its HDR 10 or not..I dont think anyone can give me an answer....all these "best in class" features will all make sense when you have a much costlier right next it. So lets not kid ourselves by mentioning all the fancy words in the world of AV and wanting all of them for a low price

my high priced 5 series samsung tv died on me in 4 years whereas my cheaper panasonic plasma is still going strong after 6 years..so while big brands does provide us some comfort on longevity....no guarantees they all will last....hence make a decent pick and pray to god it lasts for three years and dump it and buy a new one in 2021

while the iffalcon TV in India may not be the same TCL tv they sell in US...even if they are 70% same...still not a bad pick....see below review from CNET..arguably the most famous and influential mass tech site on the internet

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/tcl-65r617-2018-roku-tv-review/

Last edited:
if we are talking about getting 55 inch sony lg and samsung oled for less than 75k....why not write to lg or samsung and ask them to provide you with a micro led tv for less than 75k? maybe you will end up being the first person to own micro LED TV in the world!!!

And if you plan not to pay more than 75K for 55 inches....lets not talk about getting the best features of all the major labels in one TV.....there are people on this forum who are spending 2 to 3 lacs and it makes sense for them.

So stick to decent selling models since their ASS should be decent given the volumes...if u just want a big TV for small price...most TVs will foot the bill. I have the Iffalcon and I have no issues thus far...but I dont know about their ASS and i dont care about dolby vision and hdr 10 and dolby true HD sound and all that crap......if I play a video on my TV and ask someone if they think its HDR 10 or not..I dont think anyone can give me an answer....all these "best in class" features will all make sense when you have a much costlier right next it. So lets not kid ourselves by mentioning all the fancy words in the world of AV and wanting all of them for a low price

my high priced 5 series samsung tv died on me in 4 years whereas my cheaper panasonic plasma is still going strong after 6 years..so while big brands does provide us some comfort on longevity....no guarantees they all will last....hence make a decent pick and pray to god it lasts for three years and dump it and buy a new one in 2021

while the iffalcon TV in India may not be the same TCL tv they sell in US...even if they are 70% same...still not a bad pick....see below review from CNET..arguably the most famous and influential mass tech site on the internet

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/tcl-65r617-2018-roku-tv-review/
I was referring to the post (post no. 22) about OLED TVs under this thread, which is specifically for discussion on models below 70k.

Don't really understand why you are getting hyper

I was referring to the post (post no. 22) about OLED TVs under this thread, which is specifically for discussion on models below 70k.

Don't really understand why you are getting hyper

Based on your title "4K HDR10 LED TV 55 Inches+ under 70k" only the Mi TV 4 fits the bill. It's 4K HDR with 10-bit support and HDMI 2.0 specs.

The Vu is only 8-bit. don't know about the TCL.

If you stretch a bit more then good options in Sony, LG, etc. around the 1 lac mark. Just not OLED.

Who is selling Sony OLED for less than 70k? Please give me their number. LOL
Oops. I was reading a post in another thread. Wrote this as a reply for that. On saving. It didn't get saved. So I copied and pasted in the wrong thread ;) hope it explains. Apologies for hijacking it. Ys. Sony oled won't be available under 70k before 2020 if I am not wrong ;)

Based on your title "4K HDR10 LED TV 55 Inches+ under 70k" only the Mi TV 4 fits the bill. It's 4K HDR with 10-bit support and HDMI 2.0 specs.

The Vu is only 8-bit. don't know about the TCL.

If you stretch a bit more then good options in Sony, LG, etc. around the 1 lac mark. Just not OLED.
Thank you. I am willing to go up to 1 lakh. Would you recommend any specific models?

Oops. I was reading a post in another thread. Wrote this as a reply for that. On saving. It didn't get saved. So I copied and pasted in the wrong thread ;) hope it explains. Apologies for hijacking it. Ys. Sony oled won't be available under 70k before 2020 if I am not wrong ;)
No problem at all. I figured that out and was just kidding.

For 1 lakh go for samsung 7470. Reliance store in pune is selling it with 2 years warranty for 98k.
But if u can get a lg super uhd tv sk85 50 inch for 1 lakh, go for it. I saw its 4k HDR quality and it looked better than samsung 7470 55 and sony x7500f.

Thank you. I am willing to go up to 1 lakh. Would you recommend any specific models?

If your budget is 1L, I was in the same situation earlier and I picked the brand new 49SK8500 for close to 1.2L (Damn Sony for not releasing 49" model of XF90). When you deduct the free soundbar cost around 12k, 1 free EMI around 7.5k, reliance jio dongle around 2k, negotiate a little you can bring the effective price less than a lakh. You'll get everything you ask for and with tons of features next to OLED. FALD is great with deeper blacks. Personally i didn't find much difference between 49 and 55. You might differ but I'm fine with it since i'm moving from a low 24" LED. Wait for few more days and it'll come well within your budget even without the freebies. Good luck.

Mi TV got bad reviews, technically its not at par. After a lot of research I bought VU 55" non android 4K HDR. Couldnt be happier. I got it for 50K with 3 years extended warranty. Thing to note is that the android version of the same model is said to be not as good as the non android one. I already have nvidia shield so I was not worried about that.

Sony 55X9000E . If it is still available in any store just pick it. A good negotiation skill needed to get down the price as its been a discontinued model.

Feel free to hijack it. Better to have more discussion, than no discussion.

I had booked the MI TV yesterday and cancelled it, as I found too much negativity across the internet (gaming lag, no upscaling, no 4k with inbuilt apps etc.)

I am planning to go Panasonic showroom this weekend and check out the model suggested in this thread. Have been using Panasonic E6D and had no issues whatsoever (except smart features, which suck).

Also, LG 49uj752t seems like a good TV. Will check it out this weekend. It is available for 70k on Paytm. You can check it out in flesh and if you like it, you could buy it from Paytm. I don't if we will find similar price outside.

TCL models seem like a good deal on paper. Just a little hesitant to go with them due to the brand factor and ASS. If any particular model is a great overall performer, I am willing to take the risk. Let me know if you suggest any.

Personally, not very inclined towards VU for same reasons as TCL.

Let me know if you get any more info.

So I am down to two models now
- LG 55UJ632T : Rs. 77000 - 10000 cashback on Paytm
- TCL 55C2US : Rs. 65500 locally from Croma

Had a demo of the LG yesterday and really liked it. But now the call is just on whether to go for a IPS (LG) panel or VA (TCL). My primary use is media consumption which majorly constitutes of 2160p rips or Netflix/Amazon Prime Video streaming (over a 100 mbps line). And secondary is to game from my PC (well capable of 4K 60fps gaming). I also considered the VA based models from Sony and Samsung but they are priced way higher and don't find them worth the difference of cost (had a demo of the Samsung 55NU7100).

You are joking right? Mi has 10-bit HDR panel.

Vu has 8-bit panel and no HDR.

I have used a Mi TV 4 for 4 months. 99.9% cases it can't do a 4:4:4 10-Bit HDR (my sources have been a top-end Windows gaming machine and a Xiaomi Mi Box 3). And there has been a lot of HDR processing artifacts. And the input lag is way beyond 30ms in the Mi Tv 4. It's is more prominent in shooters and fast paced games. You won't notice it in sports games or racing games much. The TV has major issues in audio processing if you plan to output it to an AVR. So I somewhat differ from your opinion on this TV, but though it has a really good value proposition, it is indeed a really sub-par product. It is a mediocre product with a really appalling tech team behind it (I have interacted quite a bit with the Product team in person).

I have used a Mi TV 4 for 4 months. 99.9% cases it can't do a 4:4:4 10-Bit HDR (my sources have been a top-end Windows gaming machine and a Xiaomi Mi Box 3). And there has been a lot of HDR processing artifacts. And the input lag is way beyond 30ms in the Mi Tv 4. It's is more prominent in shooters and fast paced games. You won't notice it in sports games or racing games much. The TV has major issues in audio processing if you plan to output it to an AVR. So I somewhat differ from your opinion on this TV, but though it has a really good value proposition, it is indeed a really sub-par product. It is a mediocre product with a really appalling tech team behind it (I have interacted quite a bit with the Product team in person).
Likely you got a bad piece.

I've played Bloodborne, Doom, and Horizon Zero Dawn on it, fast paced action RPGs that held up very well in comparison.

Yes it doesn't compare to my Sony, but for 45K it's a good 2nd bedroom or guest TV to have.

Audio, both ARC and Coaxial work for me.

In terms of PQ, the source material has the most bearing 1080p or more only if you want quality. While edge lighting is not an OLED I did not find it performing less than a backlit LED.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back