4K HDR10 LED TV 55 Inches+ under 70k

Likely you got a bad piece.

I've played Bloodborne, Doom, and Horizon Zero Dawn on it, fast paced action RPGs that held up very well in comparison.

Yes it doesn't compare to my Sony, but for 45K it's a good 2nd bedroom or guest TV to have.

Audio, both ARC and Coaxial work for me.

In terms of PQ, the source material has the most bearing 1080p or more only if you want quality. While edge lighting is not an OLED I did not find it performing less than a backlit LED.
Sure. Very likely. I'm afraid we are digressing from the topic.

It'd be great if you can offer some help on my query :)

Sure. Very likely. I'm afraid we are digressing from the topic.

It'd be great if you can offer some help on my query :)
That's the thing. There really aren't any options other than Mi, Vu, or TLC. At least not in this budget.

If you can go to 1.45 lacs then the LG C7 is an excellent performer. I would highly recommend it. Even gaming is excellent on it and it streams 4K from Netflix, APV, and YT.

Check it out.

I have used a Mi TV 4 for 4 months. 99.9% cases it can't do a 4:4:4 10-Bit HDR.

4:4:4 doesn't add too moch over 4:2:0 which is virtually lossless to the eye anyway, VU can do 4:2:0 @ 10 Bit and with WCG, its much better than any other panel in the same price range. (Price being an imp factor)

Likely you got a bad piece.

I've played Bloodborne, Doom, and Horizon Zero Dawn on it, fast paced action RPGs that held up very well in comparison.

Yes it doesn't compare to my Sony, but for 45K it's a good 2nd bedroom or guest TV to have.

Audio, both ARC and Coaxial work for me.

In terms of PQ, the source material has the most bearing 1080p or more only if you want quality. While edge lighting is not an OLED I did not find it performing less than a backlit LED.
Does response time and all can vary between two peices of the same model? If something related to panel like bavklight bleed can happen. If yes, then what is the guarantee in getting a good response time on the next piece purchased.? I don't know too much about it. Pardon ignorance.

Moderator Note:
Avoid unsubstantiated attacks on companies/firms. And strictly no insults and attacks on other members. Tone down your languages or this thread will be closed.

Nikhil, have you received the TV? Are you satisfied?

I was able to order one today. But, I am really confused now, as I am seeing a lot of mixed reviews.

Dilip ,

If you had already used a mainstream branded big tv/OLED,QLED like that of Sony,Samsung or LG you may not get the same things.
and also if you are that kind of person sitting in a TV experts panel and trying to find faults then also you may find some flaws.
If above two things are ruled out you can go for the tv.

Below is my review i posted on Flipkart:
"
My requirements are watching full hd movies, shows using HDD/ USB input.
so for me only thing mattered was USB connectivity, Display and sound quality.

Design-9/10
Aesthetics wise it looks great, super slim. Need not say more.
Remote is also good.

Display-9/10
I have a Sony 46 inch bravia model full hd non smart also.
So after few days’ usage i can say Display quality is super awesome and maybe at par with my Sony.
People who have used big tvs from Sony,Samsung etc, will find so many display issues like blacks not good, no screen uniformity etc.
personally i have not found any of these issues.
But if you just want to enjoy a decent big screen experience, you will not be disappointed at all.
I have played 4K Videos on HVEC format and its giving awesome results. If you are playing 4K videos on native tv player, you may face lagging. If you use MX Player or VLC player 4K files play smooth.
1080p/720p files are also looking awesome on this tv, no pixelation issues since i think there is upscaling.
I have not connected any DTH, so cannot comment on that, but m sure all HD channels will be decent.

Sound-7/10
Output is decent for small room, and has bass when you switch to Dolby settings in TV. I have a JBL Extreme Bluetooth speaker and using that I have not faced any sound lag over Bluetooth, don’t know whether MI has fixed this issue now since earlier so many reviews have come saying Lagging Sound over Bluetooth. Mine is a June 2018 model.

Connectivity/Smart features-7/10
TV Interface is great looking, easy access shortcuts to access open applications, settings are there.
Over USB, if you are planning to watch movies/shows its good, interface is good.
I have installed very few apps on Tv like hot star, mx player/vlc etc. because m not Smart TV guy who wants lots of apps on tv.
YouTube plays well at 1080p
Hot star plays really well
Hope MI works something out to get Netflix soon

Delivery/Installation-9/10
Both happened on same day and experience was good.

So overall, if you want a 55-inch TV within 50k there is no doubt, go for this one.

Let me know if you want to know anything else in case you are going to order it again :)

Last edited:
Dilip ,

If you had already used a mainstream branded big tv/OLED,QLED like that of Sony,Samsung or LG you may not get the same things.
and also if you are that kind of person sitting in a TV experts panel and trying to find faults then also you may find some flaws.

"

Design-9/10
Remote is also good.

Display-9/10
So after few days’ usage i can say Display quality is super awesome and maybe at par with my Sony.
People who have used big tvs from Sony,Samsung etc, will find so many display issues like blacks not good, no screen uniformity etc.
But if you just want to enjoy a decent big screen experience, you will not be disappointed at all.
I have played 4K Videos on HVEC format and its giving awesome results. If you are playing 4K videos on native tv player, you may face lagging. If you use MX Player or VLC player 4K files play smooth.
1080p/720p files are also looking awesome on this tv, no pixelation issues since i think there is upscaling.
I have not connected any DTH, so cannot comment on that, but m sure all HD channels will be decent.

Sound-7/10
Output is decent for small room, and has bass when you switch to Dolby settings in TV. I have a JBL Extreme Bluetooth speaker and using that I have not faced any sound lag over Bluetooth, don’t know whether MI has fixed this issue now since earlier so many reviews have come saying Lagging Sound over Bluetooth. Mine is a June 2018 model.

TV Interface is great looking, easy access shortcuts to access open applications, settings are there.
Over USB, if you are planning to watch movies/shows its good, interface is good.
I have installed very few apps on Tv like hot star, mx player/vlc etc. because m not Smart TV guy who wants lots of apps on tv.

So overall, if you want a 55-inch TV within 50k there is no doubt, go for this one.

Let me know if you want to know anything else in case you are going to order it again :)
My observations exactly and after actually using it and comparing to another Sony that has also been used for a while.

Mi TV is excellent value for money, and the highlight is the picture quality that holds its own against 1 lakh and more TV brands, premium grade panel in fact.

You will not be disappointed as long as you play 1080p and 4K content on it.

I would however recommend external speakers like a soundbar or an amp and speaker package to get the best sound output.

Dilip ,

"

Design-9/10
Remote is also good.

Display-9/10

Sound-7/10

Congrats! Also, your review sounds really promising. I have only used a 42 inch full HD Panasonic. So, I guess I will not really have issues with the PQ.

Could you confirm if you have played any games on PS4 on MiTv. Would like to know what the gaming experience is like. Will definitely consider ordering it again. Cheers.

Congrats! Also, your review sounds really promising. I have only used a 42 inch full HD Panasonic. So, I guess I will not really have issues with the PQ.

Could you confirm if you have played any games on PS4 on MiTv. Would like to know what the gaming experience is like. Will definitely consider ordering it again. Cheers.

not a gamer myself, so no idea on using gaming consoles

Played HZD, Doom, UC4, Bloodborne, etc. with no issues.

You will recognize fast-paced RPGs and FPS in the games.

And finally, the speed of games is determined by something called input lag and this is something no TV manufacturer mentions. The refresh rate of 8 ms is good enough for most gamers maybe except the professionals, but what you really need to know for fast gaming is the input lag specs.

Below might interest you ..

I have a iffalcon 55 K2A 55inch, I can't compare them to other 4k TV's as I haven't used them, this is my first one. I mainly use it for direct playback of 10bit HDR files from a locally attached HDD or with Tata Sky. As long as you are using 1080p or 4k source you'll be fine, in terms of picture quality. SD is hazy if not pixelated. I don't use it for gaming so can't say anything about the response time. Android os and chromecast built in although I do have serious reservation is they are ever going to update the OS on this. Speakers are quite clear and loud if not balanced. For the 46k I spent this seems like money well spent as the previous TV i had purchased was a LG 42 inch LED 1080p way back in 2012 for 44k.

increase ur budget ,get panasonic ex750d65 inches at 1.23lakh at aadishwara , 55 inches u will easily get at 90k

Played HZD, Doom, UC4, Bloodborne, etc. with no issues.

You will recognize fast-paced RPGs and FPS in the games.

And finally, the speed of games is determined by something called input lag and this is something no TV manufacturer mentions. The refresh rate of 8 ms is good enough for most gamers maybe except the professionals, but what you really need to know for fast gaming is the input lag specs.
Well, then. I am not a hard core professional or anything. As long as games play without any lag on PS4 Pro, I am good.

I will in all probability be getting this in the next sale.

I have a iffalcon 55 K2A 55inch, I can't compare them to other 4k TV's as I haven't used them, this is my first one. I mainly use it for direct playback of 10bit HDR files from a locally attached HDD or with Tata Sky. As long as you are using 1080p or 4k source you'll be fine, in terms of picture quality. SD is hazy if not pixelated. I don't use it for gaming so can't say anything about the response time. Android os and chromecast built in although I do have serious reservation is they are ever going to update the OS on this. Speakers are quite clear and loud if not balanced. For the 46k I spent this seems like money well spent as the previous TV i had purchased was a LG 42 inch LED 1080p way back in 2012 for 44k.
Thank you! Hearing really good things about TCL of late. Since they are being aggressive in India, they should come up with updates I hope.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back