5.1. Search Ending With Emotiva Setup

@ trittya : Can you repost your links, I cant seem to access them.

Well Lets say Round 4, but a short round

Demoed:

Marantz 6005 with paradigm Monitor 9 and CC290.

Well its a let down, did'nt liked it one bit. Nothing to Report several of my tracks failed to report details I was looking for and Bass was heavy.

RTI A7is much better sounding than these although I must comment , these are beautiful speakers and CC290 was huge.

I am going to Stick to Dali Ikon 6 / Jamo C607 . Jamo 809 is out of reach and that speaker sings very well, I felt buying it immediately but my budget doesn't permits 1.3 Lacks FS now.

Next in line for Demo are Ushers, lets see if I like them

For AVR

Emotiva UMC1 and XPA5 is what I am leaning on but all dealers and strongly discouraging it, Service issues, Option 2 is Denon 3311 which everybody is whole heardtdly recommending.

I am am myself a geek and likes to play around with Stuff and UMC promises to be a better unit than Denon in any case.

Denon has a seamless usage but UMC has to be fiddled sound which I am OK with since I am myself goona use and gonna play it for my MOM and Wife, They are anyway not into all this AV stuff.

UMC1 / XPA5 vs Denon battle is fought on this forum over and over again but any new comments from users will be most welcome.

Last edited:
Checkout Canton, EPOS and Dali Speakers. The audio quality is far superior. For AVR, 1611 is good enough cuz 1311, 1611 and 1911 are essentially IDENTICAL. They all use the same DSP chips, same DAC's, same chassis, same amp section, and are built alongside each other in the same factory in China. The only difference is the features. Good luck.

Is there any Canton and Epos dealer at Delhi? Like to hear these speakers pairing with Marantz SR 6004 (which I almost possess). Other choice is Deftech Studio monitor 350, for which I have requested Lakozy to arrange for demo.

Hi

Dali Ikon 6 combo is very good for movies and music too. I have this combination.

Add an integrated amp to it to enjoy 2 channel music. You will not regret it. I also like you wanted a 5.1 system.. but once I had heard 2 channel system with Dali Ikon 6, my preferences changed. I bought an amp and FS first and gradually added the AVR, CS and surrounds.

You may also consider wharfedale diamond for surrounds.

Happy hunting

Hi Jitin,

Give EPOS M22i a try and I am sure you will fall in love with the audio quality.

Re: 5.1 for 1.5 Lakhs

Demoed:

Well its a let down, did'nt liked it one bit. Nothing to Report several of my tracks failed to report details I was looking for and Bass was heavy.

RTI A7is much better sounding than these although I must comment , these are beautiful speakers and CC290 was huge.

I am going to Stick to Dali Ikon 6 / Jamo C607 . Jamo 809 is out of reach and that speaker sings very well, I felt buying it immediately but my budget doesn't permits 1.3 Lacks FS now.

For AVR

Emotiva UMC1 and XPA5 is what I am leaning on but all dealers and strongly discouraging it, Service issues, Option 2 is Denon 3311 which everybody is whole heardtdly recommending.

I am am myself a geek and likes to play around with Stuff and UMC promises to be a better unit than Denon in any case.

Denon has a seamless usage but UMC has to be fiddled sound which I am OK with since I am myself goona use and gonna play it for my MOM and Wife, They are anyway not into all this AV stuff.

UMC1 / XPA5 vs Denon battle is fought on this forum over and over again but any new comments from users will be most welcome.

Thats a bit surprise. I demoed the monitor 9 and the jamo c607 and found them quite comparable and finally went with the monitor 9.

Regd. the choice of AVR, I suppose for your profile, it should be the UMC1 + XPA5. However, I suppose there is a big cost difference between this combo and the 3311.

Demoed:

For AVR

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/15808-home-theater-budget-one-lakh-inr-no-more-3.html

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/15808-home-theater-budget-one-lakh-inr-no-more-4.html

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/15808-home-theater-budget-one-lakh-inr-no-more-5.html

get an avr for around 40k. e.g. yammy or denon or marantz.
get an svs sub for around 50k. your main usage is movies, good sub is a must. below that, you get shitty subs.
get 2 surround speakers for around 15-20k. eg usher s520 or something like that. enough for surround duties.
get 2 main speakers for 40-50k.
use virtual (phantom) center channel, its free:). get proper center when u have more budget.
Great suggestion...

You can limit the budget for AMP to 30k instead of 40k and spend more on speaker package. For 30k you can get ONKYO AMP (with HD audio..etc)very good for movies. Look for amp which has good sound output (RMS wattage etc) instead of its features. Finally the job of AMP should only be its sound , not its features.

Before purchasing speakers , Consider your room size and buy the speakers which will suit your room size. Dont buy the speakers with larger size, size doesnt mean it will sound bigger or will sound nice. Consider speakers with more BASS response. Increase the BASS in the AMP and see yourself how the speakers handles BASS. If its really good speaker even at +8db to +10db it shouldnt distort at full volme level. And it should produce BASS exactly.

For movies 1st more important speaker is SUB. - Get good sub. If you need really deep BASS then get two instead of one if your budget permits. we can keep in two front corners of room. I have seen in one demo doom they kept two SUB, sounded really deep BASS.

2nd - Front speakers - choose good speakers which has good BASS reponse.
3rd- center channel - choose speakers where vocals are more clear.
It would be better if you limit to single brand for front/center speakers. Sometimes mixing up brand will not work well.
Surround speakers are least bothered. You can choose some speakers as doors666 is saying. Because front speakers only going to give good sound stage, surround speakers are just only addons to produce effects.

Last edited:
Well an update on purchase , The budget is all blown , overshot .

Emotiva ERT 8.3 Front
Emotiva 6.3 Center
Emotiva ERD Surrounds
Emotiva U12 Sub
Emotiva UMC1 Processor
EMotiva XPA5 Amp

Emotiva 3 RCA ultra cable 1 Meter
Van damme up lc 50 M cable.
Mediabridge 25 foot sub cable
Belkin HDMI Cable

Sony BDP 380

Already have a Xtreamer with 4TB of movies and LG 50 INch full HD plasma

Will post a review after 100 hours are up, Am happy to say initial findings are excellent.

On the way.

BR - the dark knight, Step up 3, The man with no name trilogy.
Nakamichi Spade plugs - pure copper.

Congratulations Jatin, You are now officially Emotiva brand ambassador for India. :clapping:

Do post some pictures of your setup ? please.:licklips:

All Emotiva Setup - Well Mostly..........

Hi

After my initial auditioning I chose to go completely different way.

http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/16525-5-1-1-5-lacks.html

Emotiva ERT 8.3 Front
Emotiva 6.3 Center
Emotiva ERD Surrounds
Emotiva U12 Sub
Emotiva UMC1 Processor
EMotiva XPA5 Amp

Emotiva 3 RCA ultra cable 1 Meter
Van damme up lc 50 M cable.
Mediabridge 25 foot sub cable
Belkin HDMI Cable

Sony BDP 380

After 2 Days of Listening I was not impressed and thought it all went in drain but After a little adjustments to Speaker position and Different Sub placement all was changed, I would agree with the thread of Dark Art of Acoustics in the Forum.

I will post some pics and a detailed review once 100 Hours are up.
Sound is getting better by the minute

But once thing is for sure. Emotiva 8.3 completely beat any speaker I have hear even Jamo C809 which were quoted 1.3 Lacs a pair.

Cost and damage will be reported along the way. Just give me some time to report everything.

Any questions in Particular I shall be happy to answer.

Re: All Emotiva Setup - Well Mostly..........

Congrats on the new set up Jatin. How/where did you source the speakers? Were you able to audition before buying?

Well an update on purchase , The budget is all blown , overshot .

Emotiva ERT 8.3 Front
Emotiva 6.3 Center
Emotiva ERD Surrounds
Emotiva U12 Sub
Emotiva UMC1 Processor
EMotiva XPA5 Amp

Congrats Jatin, on a brilliant setup. It would be good to see some pics in action of the setup you have done.

Would you mind sharing the split up cost for each of the above components from Emotiva ?

Congrats on new setup, Share the pictures don't put 100 hr constraints for photos :) :lol:

Sony BDP 380 ??????

feed the setup with a Good Sourcce

It will bitstream HD audio to UMC1, the Dac in umc1 is very good, I decided not to buy Oppo 93 as I have already invested too much in UMC1. I would have bitstreamed Audio anyway from Oppo also.

As for Video Sony's Video quality for Blu-ray is extremely good as per reviews, Let me put a Blu ray and confirm back. Any way total cost was 7348 + 570 ( for 50 W Guru Step down Transformer) . Will buy oppo in future if needed.

For current MKV's I have Xtreamer doing duty for around 3 TB of movies......................

PS. Those who want a combo of Blu ray with Media player can go for SOny 380 . I can confirm it plays MKV from USB with NTFS partition and DTS audio.
No Tru HD or DTA MA sorry...............

Last edited:

Congrats on the new set up Jatin. How/where did you source the speakers? Were you able to audition before buying?

Thanks, I paid ICC world lump sum of 1.55 lacks to get speakers from Emotiva.
No auditions went purely on reviews.

Congratulations and have fun its a good setup ...

Could you tell me what was the final landed cost for the Emotiva XPA5 (including customs+shipping) ?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back