5.1 under 75k without reciever

krishpiscean

Hi All,

Currently own ETC 5.1 with Denon 1911. The upgrade bug has caught me deeply and want to replace the 5.1 with a new setup under 75k. Knew i have to upgrade again after a year or so:D

Requirements

5.1 speakers under 75 k without avr
speakers which go well with denon 1911
dedicated room 14 x 16
either floor standers or bookshelves fronts
80 % movies

TIA

Option 1

Spend 25k more and buy the Wharfedale 9.5 HT setup from groupbuy

Option 2.
Polk TSI 400 as fronts / TSI 100 rears / C10 center, Velodyne Impact 12 sub should work out to 75k or slightly unde
Relplace the Velodyne with JBL ES250P from amazon.de and deduct 10-12k from the total

There are a lot of other options as well. I am pretty sure some FM's will chip in

- F l a s h -

last time i had an audition of 9.5 and was not so impressed. May be not being an expert that i couldn't observe the sweetness.

Option 1

Spend 25k more and buy the Wharfedale 9.5 HT setup from groupbuy

Option 2.
Polk TSI 400 as fronts / TSI 100 rears / C10 center, Velodyne Impact 12 sub should work out to 75k or slightly unde
Relplace the Velodyne with JBL ES250P from amazon.de and deduct 10-12k from the total

There are a lot of other options as well. I am pretty sure some FM's will chip in

- F l a s h -

See if you can audition it again. They are a brilliant set of speakers for the price. However they tend to open up after 50hrs - 100 hrs of use.
It could have been the possibility of you hearing a brand new set of speakers.

Honestly you cant go wrong with the 9.5 at this side of the budget.

With Denon, I suggest you to try the PSB , Paradigm and Klipsch speakers. You may not get 5.1 setup in that budget , but if you increase a bit you will have a killer setup.

You can pm me the ETC price. :D A friend is looking.

I use Mission 3i series speakers with Denon 1911. I find it very good. As I am not using a subwoofer due to the room dimensions, the movie impact is reasonably good.For music, it is excellent as I am using it more for music. May be you can use a good subwoofer, then I believe it will rock for movies also.

vjc

With Denon, I suggest you to try the PSB , Paradigm and Klipsch speakers. You may not get 5.1 setup in that budget , but if you increase a bit you will have a killer setup.

You can pm me the ETC price. :D A friend is looking.

i can increase a bit, pls suggest what models wud be good to audition among these brands. Sent a PM for ETC.

Currently not able to decide the breakup

Fronts 35k
center 10k
sub w 20k
surr 10-15k

See if you can audition it again. They are a brilliant set of speakers for the price. However they tend to open up after 50hrs - 100 hrs of use.
It could have been the possibility of you hearing a brand new set of speakers.

Honestly you cant go wrong with the 9.5 at this side of the budget.

Yes, i think i shud make a proper audition again to conclude this time.

i can increase a bit, pls suggest what models wud be good to audition among these brands. Sent a PM for ETC.

Currently not able to decide the breakup

Fronts 35k
center 10k
sub w 20k
surr 10-15k

Can you explain , how did you arrive at this breakup ? :D

Fronts 35k , center 10k ... coz its single and lonely. :rolleyes: how?

Surr - 10-15k.....If you chose to go with other brands , hard to find from the same brand having options like dipoles.

Start with fronts and Sub , later add center and surrounds.

Can you explain , how did you arrive at this breakup ? :D

Fronts 35k , center 10k ... coz its single and lonely. :rolleyes: how?

Surr - 10-15k.....If you chose to go with other brands , hard to find from the same brand having options like dipoles.

Start with fronts and Sub , later add center and surrounds.

True I have auditioned MA BX5 FS and MA center which were around 35 + 10k, so generalized that i would be able to get those in that budget. Now as i read ur post, it makes no sense :eek:

Isn't it better if we go for fronts and center first then add surrounds, SW later ? I have seen people doing that in our forum.

Any adv if we go for fronts and sub first.

Thanks

Either way is fine. But if your fronts do not produce enough bass then you will not enjoy movies or music. So , if you buy good fronts with decent bass then you can add center first. Since you already have the AVR , carry it for auditions and see which speaker brand goes well with your AVR.

try kef . i recently purchased the kef kht 1505gb 5.1 system for 50k . and it has been a very good buy for me. of course they are satellite speakers but kef sound is very good for movie experience . i had auditioned polk.klipsch,jamo,energy etc but the kef was by far the best sounding speaker set. obviously for me. u can carry your avr with you to audition but surely try kef's . they are very good for movie viewing. also the subwoofer is very good and gives a very good bass. also do try def tech procinema 600/800 ... they are very good for movie watching and will fit in your budget too :)

Last edited:
Hi All,

Currently own ETC 5.1 with Denon 1911. The upgrade bug has caught me deeply and want to replace the 5.1 with a new setup under 75k. Knew i have to upgrade again after a year or so:D

Requirements

5.1 speakers under 75 k without avr
speakers which go well with denon 1911
dedicated room 14 x 16
either floor standers or bookshelves fronts
80 % movies

TIA

Since you said 80% movies, lemme suggest you Sonodyne Avant range of speakers... I have had the pleasure of listening to it @ home (Home demo) for close to 2 weeks time...Absolutely stunning speakers.....

You can get 3 speakers of Avant LCR 250 for your Left, Right & Center Approx 43K (For 3 speakers)...

For surrounds you can look @ Avant BS 150 Approx 17K (pair)..So 60K you are done with speakers...

FYI - all the above speakers have 90db efficiency....So you will not need a powerful amplifier to bring the best out of it...

For the remaining budget you can look for subwoofer from Sonodyne Roarr series.. 108/210 - Around 18K Approx...

Do give them an audition in your city if aval & share your feedback..

Somebody is selling energy 5.0 setup for around 45k in the for sale section. Buy a good sub within the remaining 30k.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back