50" Panny Plasma (non-3D) Buying Help!!!

baala

Dear All:

I had decided & bought my Panny Plasma 42X30D, and that too for a best price, couple of years ago, only from the support and suggestions from this site. :cheers:

Now, my brother is planning for buying a (Non-3D) Plasma TV, in Chennai. I couldn't find a proper thread with the recent plasma models. Hence starting this thread.

We have shortlisted the below 2 models:

Option 1 (almost 100% will go for this one only): Panasonic TH-P50S60D
Option 2: TH-P50X60D
Option 3 (if available for very good price): P50S50D

Our primary point of point of purchase would be Chennai. But, if we get a very good price, we might even consider Bangalore (like Devi, for ex.)

Can you please help us, on what is the best price that we can get for these models and a trustworthy shop?

BTW, my brother is based in Kolathur (near perumbur, redhills) - that wouldn't stop us from going to a good shop, anywhere in Chennai :eek:hyeah:

Since I already own a plasma, I know the drill of ensuring that, we don't get a demo/ used piece etc.

Sincerely appreciate any comments, suggestions, that would help us, others, planning to buy a similar model.

Warm Regards
Baala

Thanks a lot Baala.

Hi all,

I'm ram (younger brother of baala) on whose behalf he posted. Kindly help me with buying the plasma tv

thx
Ram

Hi all
I visited Panasonic showroom yesterday (the one n g n chetty road t.nagar)

50S50D rs.84500
50X50D rs 63500

Kindly help me with options

Hi Zouresh,

What is the best price you have come across for thos piece, till now, even in pondy probably.

83K sems to be ob a higher side.

The guy is also ibdicating that, prices will go high with new stock coming in from Wednesday (due to the custom charges)...

Thnx.

i got it for 80k in pondicherry....may be you can bargain and get it for even less since it is going to be a group buy....

Trying for the same in Chennai... lets see how it goes....

2 Question to you:

1. Is that 80K inclusive of taxes or exclusive of taxes and is it for full cash payment?

2. Did you do a usage hour test for on your TV. If so, can you please help us on the steps involved? (I couldn't find the steps, specific to this model)

Cheers/ Baala

80k inclusive of taxes...i got it on EMI(10 months EMI-2 months initial payment and the rest in 8 months)....i told the dealer that i want a brand new one and not a display piece...i even told him that i would check the usage hours though i have completely no idea how to do it....bala you can google it on how to check the usage hours on a panasonic plasma....

80k inclusive of taxes...i got it on EMI(10 months EMI-2 months initial payment and the rest in 8 months)....i told the dealer that i want a brand new one and not a display piece...i even told him that i would check the usage hours though i have completely no idea how to do it....bala you can google it on how to check the usage hours on a panasonic plasma....

Zouresh: There is unfortunately nothing I could find in google for S60

As I had mentioned in my first post, I have a 42X30D and we (the hifivision friend who brought around that time) used the below option and it worked perfectly fine:

Anyone trying this, kindly use Caution: I am not sure if this works on S60.

1- Hold down V- on the TV and press "Info" button 3 times on the remote
2- Press 2 to get to SRV-TOOL
3- Press OK to Enter
4- Navigate to Bottom most Right Hand Cell using the Directional Buttons on remote
5- Hold Down "Mute" for a Few Seconds it should display the used hours and
number of times the set was switched ON
6- Press "EXIT" for few seconds to come out of this menu (The TV will reboot). (If this doesnot work, switch off and on TV physically - i.e. not using remote)

Alternatively, there was this post in AVS forum, which was a slightly different, but with screen shots also,
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1403635/o...hread-no-street-price-talk/5100#post_22769982

Either of them, use caution. :eek:hyeah:

Very informative post for every buyer to check and avoid getting cheated with a used or demo TV.

I escalated this issue to the Panasonic technical team yesterday. They confirmed that every new TV should show 0 hours usage.

If there is such a system in place to check the TV before buying, I completely fail to understand why it is not implemented at the sales level and why don't TV manufacturers implement a very simple method to check the usage.

at koramangala brand shoowroom, that Sales guy promised that he will get a fresh plasma and will also show the total usage hours and another counter(how many times the tv switched on or some thing like that) to me, during install. This for 2013 model.

he was also slightly cocky while mentioning that, the 2013 model has not been cracked(on how to get to this menu) yet, and no info available on internet :)

But assured that the service engg will be able to show that.

at koramangala brand shoowroom, that Sales guy promised that he will get a fresh plasma and will also show the total usage hours and another counter(how many times the tv switched on or some thing like that) to me, during install. This for 2013 model.

he was also slightly cocky while mentioning that, the 2013 model has not been cracked (on how to get to this menu) yet, and no info available on internet :)

@GK: Trust me. Sales guys at showroom always think too much of themselves, based on their experience in cheating, unsuspecting novice customers!!! :mad:

My brother used one of the two methods, mentioned by me earlier in this thread, on one of the pieces there, and was able to see the usage hours. :clapping:

Take both of them along and check it in one of the demo pieces in the showroom itself, so that, you will be confident of doing it at home, later. That will teach the oversmart sales guy a lesson also :eek:hyeah:

I escalated this issue to the Panasonic technical team yesterday. They confirmed that every new TV should show 0 hours usage.

If there is such a system in place to check the TV before buying, I completely fail to understand why it is not implemented at the sales level and why don't TV manufacturers implement a very simple method to check the usage.

@ Kannan: Sincerely appreciate your effort to escalate it to the tech team.

As we spoke, the demo model is a liability, so to say for the showroom, so, they will try and pass it on to any unsuspecting customer or desperate customers, who need delivery the same day.

The logic they say is that, when the TV can work for 1,00,000 hours, why can't you take a TV that has worked for 400 Hours - which is, so to say, none of their business....

But, as you are saying, they could have kept a easier method to access this information and it should be openly shared by the manufacturer....

he was also slightly cocky while mentioning that, the 2013 model has not been cracked(on how to get to this menu) yet, and no info available on internet :)

The 2013 Panasonic plasma models have a slightly different method of going to the srv tool. Sonosphere and I were present when Sonosphere purchased his 60S60. The showroom guy also struggled, called the Panasonic help line and then showed us the usage of the TV that we purchased in the SRV tool.

can somebody tell me how to open the service menu of 2013 panasonic plasma models especially the 50s60.....and one more thing how to enable advanced settings in cinema mode from the service menu.....

Thanks a lot Kannan Sir for visiting the showroom & all the guidance. :)

Thanks Baala anna for inputs about the usage hours & guiding me at each step :)

Thanks Zouresh and all members for their suggestions & feedback.

I got the 50S60D yesterday and enjoying every bit. When we watch discovery in HD it is like watching someone through the window.:yahoo:

Some points from the buying experience :

Even yesterday the panny guy who came for installation did not know anything about usage hours feature. He questioned why will any company show it if customer will not take a older piece :sad:

First day they showed me the piece it had 409 hours of usage and 227 times used. :sad:

Second day they showed me the piece it has 2 minutes usage and 3 times used.:)

I used the method baala mentioned in this thread.

I have taken snaps of the tv at various stages of install - I will post it soon

Thanks
Rama

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back