$50 passive preamp

Looks like Schitt has got quality issue s. I recommended a modi for a friend , now after 6 months it is not working . It is pain to send it back for servicing . Similar case, to another forum member with a higher model Schitt DAC . It is pity with the "Made it USA" tag and all the buzz around it .

Audio-GD designed and manufactured in China and it is much more reliable .

Looks like Schitt has got quality issue s. I recommended a modi for a friend , now after 6 months it is not working . It is pain to send it back for servicing . Similar case, to another forum member with a higher model Schitt DAC . It is pity with the "Made it USA" tag and all the buzz around it .

Audio-GD designed and manufactured in China and it is much more reliable .

I may take it isolated instances, but overall its good - though it is pricy stuff.
The preamp here is just few connectors and switches mounted over PCB, so paying for only heavy fancy case, IMO.

There is a need for low-cost device/source switching at reasonable cost. I was researching such stuff recently, and found many of the just-pot-and-switches choices to be very expensive. Of course, I can't comment on how hi the fi of this reasonable-price box is (compared, say, to something like this: Goldpoint, at over four times the price), but it will fulfil its purpose for those who can't or don't want to spend much more. And, if they already have some Schiit, it will be an eye-pleasing match.

I ended up spending considerably more than $50 on an antique.

Hey, I'm very proud of my antique :) It is a fully-functioned pre-amp with high audiophile standing and, if it is a little old --- so am I :lol: And I wouldn't even dream of ever being able to afford its present-day incarnation.

~

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back