55 INCH TV 80K TO 1 LAKH(POLL)

55 INCH TV 80k to 1 lakh

• Samsung frame 2020 (good price)

• Sony x9000h

• Samsung q70r

• Lg nano 86

• Lg nano91

• Samsung q70t

• Q80t( over the budget 1.17 lakhs after cashback and stuff)

Results are only viewable after voting.
sony x950g is for 1.1L on amazon.you might get 7500 cashback if you have hdfc card.its better than all mentioned in the poll.unless you specifically need 4k 120.
Its not available offline. I tried contacting a few sellers. Moreover i read on Rtings that we can buy x9000h or 950g in terms PQ both are equally good.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201017-071037_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201017-071037_Chrome.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 10
Q80T is the successor of Q70R. It's a bit better, but can't even get close to Q80R or other top LCD TVs. Forget even competing with an OLED.

The only LCD TV I'd choose over a B9 is probably the Q90R. That thing was a monster with 480 dimming zones and blinding brightness.
Thanks but i guess q90r would be way out of my league.
I shall try with last year oleds or maybe this year sony FALD.

Yes i guess you are right. I shall start inquiring about it. But i see you had voted for q70r any specific reason.
I had voted for the Frame, not Q70r. Frame at less than 80K offers 120Hz panel, VRR and low Input lag. Since you had gaming on PS5 as one of your future req's, this made sense.

Saw your comment on you getting a BX at 1.14 or lesser. Definitely BX over anything in your poll list.

I had voted for the Frame, not Q70r. Frame at less than 80K offers 120Hz panel, VRR and low Input lag. Since you had gaming on PS5 as one of your future req's, this made sense.

Saw your comment on you getting a BX at 1.14 or lesser. Definitely BX over anything in your poll list.
Thank you
Sure looking to buy in a week or two if all goes well :)

Sony X90H vs LG CX
quite surprised by how close an LCD got to an Oled. Impressive from Sony.
Interesting link thought of sharing :)

Sony X90H vs LG CX
Quite surprising how the OLEDs came down close to price of the LEDs.
If he were to compare the X950, the disadvantages will be the same blacks and viewing angles. But cost more and still inferior.
If we compare the X950 and LG BX, the LG could be even cheaper for a better tv.

And about savings, how much are we saving for having a worse picture slightly off center? It may work out in US where people have personal TVs and change TVs every 2-3 years or so, it is a moving goal for them.
Here in india, we still use the same TV for the family of 5. How can everyone sit at the dead center? How many years are we looking at for holding the tv? Considering that is the savings worth it?
1L+ still belongs to the OLEDs. It is the likes of FALDs in the 50k range that makes the equation interesting.

Sony X90H vs LG CX
well this has be shared by other members including me.Sony 900H does not make any sense in india.as it costs 1.6 for 65 where as in usa its available for 999usd for 65 that is 75000rs for that price its a good deal.

even for 55 inch no way anyone should pay 1 lac for this tv when you can get any flagship likes of BX,CX,Q90T etc for 1.1-1.2L

If he were to compare the X950, the disadvantages will be the same blacks and viewing angles. But cost more and still inferior.

And about savings, how much are we saving for having a worse picture slightly off center? It may work out in US where people have personal TVs and change TVs every 2-3 years or so, it is a moving goal for them.
Here in india, we still use the same TV for the family of 5. How can everyone sit at the dead center? How many years are we looking at for holding the tv? Considering that is the savings worth it?
1L+ still belongs to the OLEDs. It is the likes of FALDs in the 50k range that makes the equation interesting.
So basically it means that though they are close but the difference in terms of price does not justify getting an led.
But basically if lets say it was for 80k in india (sony x90h) then if we compare them on cost to performance ratio then i guess it would have been a better deal compared to OLED?
basically when i went to the showroom and saw all these TVs together to my eyes all of them looked great.. i compared FALD and oled side by side.. to me both looked great so i though i am paying a premium just coz on paper OLED is better coz not being a videophile i really cudnt u know tell them apart in most of the scenarios.
U know it gets really enticing hearing or reading something about oleds one feels oh man this technology is way superior just like the way one feels about any new technology but how better it actually in a real case scenario is a different story all together..
Hope you understand my dilemma.

I agree with every thing you are saying but you are forgetting one thing, burn in specially when we are talking about keeping the TV for 5-6 years at least. Online reviewers that say dont worry about burn in are the same people that change TVs every 2-3 years. Don't forget that.

well this has be shared by other members including me.Sony 900H does not make any sense in india.as it costs 1.6 for 65 where as in usa its available for 999usd for 65 that is 75000rs for that price its a good deal.

even for 55 inch no way anyone should pay 1 lac for this tv when you can get any flagship likes of BX,CX,Q90T etc for 1.1-1.2L
Ohh really? Its 999 in US that too for 65 inch.. but at that price if it is competing with an OLED then thats quite fascinating!

I agree with every thing you are saying but you are forgetting one thing, burn in specially when we are talking about keeping the TV for 5-6 years at least. Online reviewers that say dont worry about burn in are the same people that change TVs every 2-3 years. Don't forget that.
Iam not saying what the online reviewers say. Iam having a sony OLED running daily for 3 years now and no sign of burn in.

Let me ask you a question. Would you worry about viewing angles that affect you from first day and spoil your experience or worry about burn in that 'might' happen or not 4 years down the line?

Ohh really? Its 999 in US that too for 65 inch.. but at that price if it is competing with an OLED then thats quite fascinating!
This about sums up the whole debate. In india the price differential vs performance differential is not same. It is a super value at 80k. Same as the Toshiba.

Iam not saying what the online reviewers say. Iam having a sony OLED running daily for 3 years now and no sign of burn in.

Let me ask you a question. Would you worry about viewing angles that affect you from first day and spoil your experience or worry about burn in that 'might' happen or not 4 years down the line?
Depends person to person / situation to situation like for me I need a good HDR Movies and Gaming (PS5) ready TV for my bedroom so viewing angles dont matter as everyone watching will be watching from a straight angle only. And HDR Gaming is one of the most high risk use case causing burn in.

I myself would have gotten an OLED without thinking twice if I was not going to do HDR gaming with games that have bright static huds like fifa. I am still thinking about it. For 55 inch I am getting a difference of just 25k between X9000H and CX, I just dont want to stress myself over burn in even if it doesnt happen, the possibility of it happening is stressful.

yeah its for 999 on best buy.well it dosent really compete with OLED.these youtubers can make anything look good or bad depending on the content requirement.

But its a good buy for the price

Depends person to person / situation to situation like for me I need a good HDR Movies and Gaming (PS5) ready TV for my bedroom so viewing angles dont matter as everyone watching will be watching from a straight angle only. And HDR Gaming is one of the most high risk use case causing burn in.

I myself would have gotten an OLED without thinking twice if I was not going to do HDR gaming with games that have bright static huds like fifa. I am still thinking about it. For 55 inch I am getting a difference of just 25k between X9000H and CX, I just dont want to stress myself over burn in even if it doesnt happen, the possibility of it happening is stressful.

That is a good decision.
For TVs used for gaming, neither do the viewing angles affect nor does the infinite contrast matter as much as content consumption TVs.
But a person looking for a gaming tv will be well informed to take this decision himself.

I am only talking about TVs used primarily for family viewing and occasionally for other stuff.

U know it gets really enticing hearing or reading something about oleds one feels oh man this technology is way superior just like the way one feels about any new technology but how better it actually in a real case scenario is a different story all together..
Hope you understand my dilemma.
It’s not just in paper it is a superior technology. Only when you get it in your HT set up and calibrate it you will know how better it is compared to any led or the best FALD sets. In real case scenario it’s night and day difference. Not being a fanboy but just stating facts. Don’t be listening to the the Oled bashing community and be mislead. If you have the budget go for oled. Camera can never capture the real picture quality and with so many biased reviewers on you tube they can even make a cheap tv look better then Oled. For example check my thread 1080vs4kvsHDR. In the poll the 1080p image in my 5 year old Sony led tv won as the best looking picture and looked best indeed vs the 4kHDR image in the c9.But in person image can’t even be compared and it’s day and night difference. Also check out my c9 vs A8 thread where I kept a saying based on showroom demos that c9 is not good as my old Sony tv while upscaling. After getting Used to my c9 I went to show room and checked all the tv’s again and I couldn’t even bare to watch any tv’s other then Oled. The picture quality is that good in an Oled. Deep blacks, infinite contrast, self lit pixels now that’s what I am talking about. My wife who doesn’t watch movies or show any interest after getting the c9 demands every weekend two movies. Such is the performance of Oled.

In the same confusion. OLED vs Sony X90H and the gaming comment does stress me.
Fully agree that Sony is overpriced for what it offers after doing a demo.
Looks like this year HDMI 2.1 is making them hold the higher price and not give discounts like before.
Also many game reviews say 4K@120 is great but we will never know until a demo is seen , which is not possible right now. To wait end Diwali offers... Crazy situation...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back