7.1 AV Receiver with HD Upgrader

Mainak

Hello all! Looking to buy a 7.1 AV Receiver with HD Video Upgrader. Right now considering to purchase the F&D F700UF. Now I need decide how to go about buying the receiver: the brand, how to evaluate tech specs, how much improvement I can expect for Vid upscaling and Audio management. My budget is Rs. 30,000 max for the receiver. I have an LG 42" HD 3D TV (LM3410). Would also like to know how to best experience the workings of the receiver with the surround sound system and what I can upgrade to later on with a Rs.15k- 18K budget in 1 year's time. This is a broad query and would need you friends' help to really narrow down to choices please.

Last edited:
With your wonderful TV, the F&D F700UF will be pathetic to say the least! (keeping in mind you are going to have a 7.1 AVR)

You can get MARANTZ NR1601 for 7.1 or similar in the price range. (apprx 24k)
To start with get a Pair of fronts like wharfedale, Sonodyne Sonus.
Later when you have enough budget, you can add Center, rear, surrounds.

You may want to go through this http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/47379-7-1-avr-23-300-inr.html to know more about your requirements.

As far as I have read, know and understand, the video upscaling in AVR is very rudimentary. This is because an AVR packs in so many features that giving the best of all increases it price unnecessarily. AVR is meant more for home theatre audio rather than video. Besides the price point that you are aiming, the AVR may even not have video upscaling.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back