720p Projector under Rs 30000

yep..that's what I figured out later. But I have placed orders in the past and those were not taxed. I think it also depends who is the seller, if the seller is Amazon, whose warehouse is in Nevada, they get taxed. My past purchases were also delivered in California but the sellers were not amazon and may be that's why it wasn't taxed.

Anywaz..reliability of speed/delivery were my main concerns since the person was leaving within 3 days. It has been delivered and will be in my hands next Monday..just in time for T20 WC :)

They have only recently started charging Sales tax in California... California govt has actually forced them to collect sales tax... Anyway enjoy the WC on ur new projector :) ...

Finally received my HD66 yesterday night !!! spent about 4 hours switching though my fav scenes from my movie collection, one after another :) and man am i glad that i bought it or what! It is my first PJ purchase and it got me wondering how come I waited so long to buy a PJ , esp. with the sound setup that I already had.

Anywaz..Tnx to all the folks who lured me into buying a PJ instead of the big screen TV. special Tnx to rajadeep for coercing :) me into buying HD66. I owe you one ..let me know next time you are in Delhi/Noida :)

Now the only thing u got to worry about is a decent screen... If u have space for a fixed screen than I would really like to recommend something similar to Santy's DIY screen with back ambient lighting... I have seen it in person & it is stunning to say the least... And it is extremely good bang for buck (a feature u no I love in every product I like :D )... Chk it out :) ...

Anyone has any suggestions for some economical wall-mounts for PJ. Dont want to spend too much as its would be a temp arrangement. I will be moving to my new house next year and most-likely will have a dedicated HT room, where I will make the permanent fixtures.

Just make a decently strong shelf & place the projector upside down on it... Should not cost more than a couple of hundred...

Just make a decently strong shelf & place the projector upside down on it... Should not cost more than a couple of hundred...

Upside down? Why would that be required if i place it on a shelf right in front of the wall.

Upside down? Why would that be required if i place it on a shelf right in front of the wall.

I guess, it would be as the wall mounted projectors are typically placed upside down. The image is usually projected not straight but at an upward angle and if kept hanging from / nearer to the cieling, the image may fall on the cieling. Not to mention the pj controls may not be accessible if they are towards the cieling.

If using the projector upside down the image also has to be flipped using the pj settings.

Just my 2 paise, PJ Gurus can 'throw more light' :p about this...

Hey Guy,

Can someone help in selecting a LED PJ.

Usage : Daily 4 to 5hrs - Purely for Movies / HD Channels / Occasional Gaming. 3D would be added advantage. (Also planning to build a HTPC in near future)
Desired Screen Size is 100-120"
Wall Available for PJ Screen is 11'
Viewing Distance is 13-14'
PJ has to mounted inverted at a distance of 14.3' :mad:'
Budget : $ 500 to 700 (Someone can get from US in Nov'12)

No doubt HD66 is a super buy but 4-5hrs of daily usage, I got inclined towards LED Projectors.

Inclining towards Clones like Acer K-330 / LGPA70G / Optomo ML500. They have decent reviews but their Throw Ratio is 1.4:1 and have fixed Zoom. So I assume at 14.3', they would project about ~145" which could nor be satisfactory.

Have also seen some good reviews for Casio LED Prjectors main the XJ-xx5 series. (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1214089/new-casio-projectors-led-laser-720p-compact/840) But the prices seem to be on a higher side. Casio Projectors have zoom of 1.5times.

Kindly give your suggestions !! Thanks in advance.

If a projector is used daily for 5 hours then it should be no problem keeping in mind that a bulb will give you around 3000 hours of beaming and that will give you an opportunity to see too many movies.

In your case it is any day better to go for a proper movie projector keeping in mind that you will not be watching movies in a cinema hall therefore you deserve a better projector etc.

V.

Hey Guy,

Can someone help in selecting a LED PJ.

Usage : Daily 4 to 5hrs - Purely for Movies / HD Channels / Occasional Gaming. 3D would be added advantage.
Budget : $ 500 to 700 (Someone can get from US in Nov'12)

No doubt HD66 is a super buy but 4-5hrs of daily usage, I got inclined towards LED Projectors.

Inclining towards Clones like Acer K-330 / LGPA70G / Optomo ML500.

Kindly give your suggestions !! Thanks in advance.

You wont really notice the diff in picture quality... What you will notice instantly is that the Acer H5360 is much brighter than the HD66... We have a couple of users of the H5360 on this forum who are very happy with this projector... Same can be said about the HD66... What really matters in the end while choosing among these projectors is which one u can get the cheapest...

You wont really notice the diff in picture quality... What you will notice instantly is that the Acer H5360 is much brighter than the HD66... We have a couple of users of the H5360 on this forum who are very happy with this projector... Same can be said about the HD66... What really matters in the end while choosing among these projectors is which one u can get the cheapest...

Saw some videos on youtube. PQ looks amazing. Since this is 3D Ready, do you have any idea how it works on 3D.

Can you find me some Casio LED Projectors M Series deals in US. Thanks !

Yeah optoma hd66 was reduced below 500 only twice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like its again back to 499 on new egg :(

Edit : Woot! Its 420 on amazon !

It is $499-$80(using coupon EMCJNNE73) on newegg...So it is $420on Newegg... Amazon is just price matching newegg... As soon as the sale ends on Newegg(8th oct) , Amazon will again raise the price back to $499...

y tax??? Which site charged u sales tax??? If it was amazon u should have ordered from newegg...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back