720p Projector under Rs 30000

Wow faster than I expected....:clapping:

Track your package
Date Time Location Event Details
March 26, 2012 11:06:26 AM IN Arrived at destination country
March 24, 2012 06:04:00 AM Carlstadt NJ US Departure Scan
March 23, 2012 10:16:12 AM Carlstadt NJ US Arrival Scan

Congrats!!!!Did you use a debit card on amazon??which one??Banks dont follow exact rates..the diff is there due to foreign exchange fees which is nominal. Enjoy yr latest goodie from amazon..........

Thanks saurabh. Yes, I used Axis bank debit card since both my credit cards were just about 15% short of needed amount in available limit.

I got my pj delivered yesterday. Actual delivery was April 13th. It was superfast shipping from amazon usa. It was delivered here in Mumbai within 4 days. Unfortunately the courier guys whom they have tied up with locally, expressit slept on it for quite many days. The packing was too good. Lot of big bubble packs to keep the pj safe from shocks.

Once opened, it was a breeze to setup. Out of the box, just like any other review states, the image looked slightly washed out but after some tweaking, the picture sprang to life. This is truly a spectacular piece of equipment for its price, that delivers stunning picture quality...

I will post the live pics later, for now unpacking of Optoma HD66

optoma_ms5.jpg

optoma_ms4.jpg

optoma_ms3.jpg

optoma_ms2.jpg

optoma_ms1.jpg

My take on this projector::yahoo:
-Contrast is superb, enough luminescence and deep blacks
-Colors are brilliant and equally balanced
-Lot of settings to play around the picture quality
-The remote is easy to use- can aim anywhere in the room and get it working
-The keystone quality is good, though I only tested it, not using it.
-Gets pretty hot, but retains the same temperature for long hours
-Tremendous value for money

My only disappointment for me is that the native resolution is 800p not 720p as claimed. May be I got it wrong. I can see a light patch at 4:3 which leaks beyond the screen, 40px on top, 40 in bottom. Though its may not be considered as a con, I did not expect it. One more nit pick would be the navigation keys on remote- there are two sets, one doesn't work.:indifferent14:

Amazon.com was a good experience for me. Pretty fast shipping and nice packing. I am using a cheapo Rs. 1100 cable. It fell shorter at 30 ft, so got an cheapo extender and attached another cable. The PQ is still amazing.

My neighbours had a jaw dropping demo at my place:eek:hyeah:
As promised, here are the pics. Mobile pics- sorry about it.

b2012-04-04212900.jpg

2012-04-042125b55.jpg

b2012-04-04214005.jpg

b2012-04-04212255.jpg

b2012-04-05211633.jpg

b2012-04-04214623.jpg

b2012-04-04214237.jpg

b2012-04-04210845.jpg

Lot more pics here

Love the blacks in the 1st pic from 300 :D ... Awesome pics though would have preferred digicam pics... Maybe later on...

Hi santy,

Nice Setup and nice pj

i have a few q. though
1.) does it have international warranty?
2.) advice on indian custom rules, if i buy 3-4 different equipment from Amazon will it get scrutinized at the airport.
3.) should i have it delivered as a gift to solve the above problem

hello evryone, guys if you are looking for a 720p projector under 30k, there is a deal going on manufacturer refurbished Mitsubishi HC3000u and HD1000u for 199$ plus 20$ground shipping(continental US only). if you have friends overthere try and get it before the deal is over.
I myself (my friend actually) ordered the HC3000u (PQ better than HD1000u-according to reviews online ) and i'm waiting for someone to bring it over.
links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-...964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c25b3a30c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-...519?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c25b3b4d7

:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
hello evryone, guys if you are looking for a 720p projector under 30k, there is a deal going on manufacturer refurbished Mitsubishi HC3000u and HD1000u for 199$ plus 20$ground shipping(continental US only). if you have friends overthere try and get it before the deal is over.
Prices are truly amazing!

Prices have insanely dropped on Amazon.com. I bought for $549 + shipping and customs. It was being sold at $ 596 in the recent times.

But now it has dropped to the lowest price ever $415!

Unfortunately it is not shipped directly from Amazon so it cannot be delivered to India. Sad. :mad:

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

I currently have a 32" LCD and been wanting to upgrade to min 55" screen with a secret desire to go for a PJ. I have gone through this complete thread and looked around as well. (OT: BTW this was one of the most engaging thread I have read on HFV ..seemed like a movie..had all the masaala :) ..will he buy the PJ , will they be friends again ..etc.)

Anywaz.. i am convinced that given my 'current' budget and secret desire for a PJ, HD66 is the one for me. Its selling for $534 on Amazon right now. I have set the price alert as well but will be making the purchase soon.

Question: should I get it delivered to my adrs in India directly(I clicked upto the last screen in Amazon but didnt see anything being charged extra for shipping ??) OR ask one of my friends to pick it up for me(i have this option). Any pros/Cons of both the options. Anyone?

I currently have a 32" LCD and been wanting to upgrade to min 55" screen with a secret desire to go for a PJ. I have gone through this complete thread and looked around as well. (OT: BTW this was one of the most engaging thread I have read on HFV ..seemed like a movie..had all the masaala :) ..will he buy the PJ , will they be friends again ..etc.)

Anywaz.. i am convinced that given my 'current' budget and secret desire for a PJ, HD66 is the one for me. Its selling for $534 on Amazon right now. I have set the price alert as well but will be making the purchase soon.

Question: should I get it delivered to my adrs in India directly(I clicked upto the last screen in Amazon but didnt see anything being charged extra for shipping ??) OR ask one of my friends to pick it up for me(i have this option). Any pros/Cons of both the options. Anyone?

Hahaha I guess I am the one who provided the masala there :D ... Anyway 1 thing I would suggest... Look at the Acer H5360 too... Its $420 on Amazon & can be shipped & delivered by them here in India(they are ready to ship to my Hometown Dhule, so I am guessing they can ship anywhere in India)... As far as I can c the total comes to $570 with customs & shipping(Rs32-33k)... Very good price if u ask me... HD66 isnt really gonna touch this price any time soon... Review wise Acer is brighter than HD66 but PQ wise HD66 is slightly better(the stress on slightly)... Both are decent buys but considering the present prices & the fact that HD66 hasnt gone below the $520 mark in like 6-8 months now H5360 is a wise choice... A few FMs own the H5360 here & have nothing but good things to say about it... If ur frnds can carry it back with them from the US that would save u a lot of money but if they are not carrying it with them then the better option is to let Amazon handle the shipping & customs...

Hi..One of my friends is travelling to US and I want to get a projector. Initially I was thinking of a below 720p one costing 300-350 dollars and then decided that 720p is the least given the big screen size. Below is what I find below the 600 dollar mark: I am guessing all of them are equally good for a layman. Now more than PQ, I am more interested in other things I need to consider which may be more important in the long term including additional costs:

(1) 100-120 inch screen. One of the boarders had a DIY solution. Need to understand how that works as getting such size from US is not feasbile
(2) Cost of additional bulbs
(3) Any projector with international warranty so that I am not stuck with a 30K Turkey in case something goes wrong.
(4) Even if prepared to pay money - do all major projector brands get repaired in India?
(5) Any other issues that impacts cost not the PQ.
(6) Getting much cheaper than the 35K customs limit to avoid unwanted discussions in the airport
(7) Best projector for display on a normal wall
8) 95% of the viewing will be Wii (480i??) or Tata Sky HD channels. Other High def would be 1-2 GB rips and the occasional 10GB rips. Blu rays are very very rare
(9) most probably I will NOT have it wall mounted.

Please help me out as I may have to order in the next 10-15 days.

Choices are:

Amazon.com: ViewSonic PJD5523w WXGA DLP Projector - 720p, HDMI, 2700 Lumens, 3000:1 DCR, 120Hz/3D Ready, Speaker: Office Products

Amazon.com: Optoma HD66 2500ANSI Lumens 4000:1 3D-Ready DLP Home Theater Projector - White: Electronics

Amazon.com: Acer H5360 3D-DLP Projector: Electronics

Amazon.com: ViewSonic PJD5233 300-Inch 720i Front Projector (Black): Office Products

Amazon.com: Epson V11H475020 318-Inches PowerLite Home Cinema 710 HD 720p 3LCD Home Theater Projector: Electronics

Last edited:
Viewsonic 5233 is not a 720p projector(its 1024x768)... I feel the choice is more than clear... If u can get the Acer H5360 its on sale for $420 on both Newegg.com & Amazon.com... Amazon does not have stock at the moment but newegg does... The thing is u have to act fast as the offer price of $420 on newegg is only till tomm... Remember in Dec last year HD66 was on sale for $440 on Amazon & one FM(fusebulb) got it at that price... After that the price went up & hasn't come down below $525 since then... Buy the H5360 by tomm for $420 if u can & I can assure u u will be a happy man... The cost of OEM bulbs for Acer H5360 is in the range of 7-8k from ebay...
Newegg link(use coupon code EMCNAND29 Valid till tomm)
Newegg.com - ACER H5360 720P 1280x720 2500 ANSI Lumens NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready Home Theater DLP Projector

H5360 Review
Acer H5360 3D Home Theater Projector Review

Thanks a lot for your response. I think the dates are not finalized. But let me see if any of my resident friends can get it. Thanks again. Is the difference between this and HD66 big enough to spend the additional money on the HD66?

Hmm when do u think he will be going??? If he is going around Black friday(last friday of november) I think u could even push for a 1080p projector... We have already seen a few 1080p projectors touch the $700-720 mark these last few months & I think this black friday there might be a big chance of it touching the $600 mark :)... Anyway if the choice is between HD66 or H5360 at the same price HD66 might be a better choice but according to reviews the diff is so little that most normal folks(non videophiles) wont even notice the diff... So the only deciding factor between these 2 should be which are u gonna get at a cheaper price...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back