720p Projector under Rs 30000

This is the pricing history on Amazon for HD66.
It has come down to $439 on Dec 29-30, Jan 5-6, 15-18th.

opto.jpg

I have set a price alert on this website and I hope it would come down by first week of Feb when I am prepared to buy. Meanwhile started working on fixed screen. Planning to use laminate as the screen material.

Yes it has arrived people in all it's glory ... the deal was stress less and professional (Amazon is highly recommended) i have never bought anything this easily ... after a quick and dirty install ... in first impression was obviously blown away by the quality ... pretty bright and good colors even on a wall...

Now i am having headaches of how i am going to set it in my 14x12 living room ... but i guess i will figure it out...

Pics coming soon ...

Dear Fusebulb,
how much was the least quote that you got for HD66 in mumbai?
also, pls let me know where to roam for Pj in mumbai

Dear Fusebulb,
how much was the least quote that you got for HD66 in mumbai?
also, pls let me know where to roam for Pj in mumbai

You need not roam in Mumbai for Pjs... Just visit Pooja Electronics, Tardeo. for the best and genuine deals for buying Projectors. Alternatively you can also visit The SHop at Andheri West, Opp DN Nagar Police station for audition. or visit their Goregaon shop whose address can be sought from the DN Nagar shop... google to get the contact details...

You need not roam in Mumbai for Pjs... Just visit Pooja Electronics, Tardeo. for the best and genuine deals for buying Projectors. Alternatively you can also visit The SHop at Andheri West, Opp DN Nagar Police station for audition. or visit their Goregaon shop whose address can be sought from the DN Nagar shop... google to get the contact details...

Definately will do that...
now eager to get my hands on Pj and AVRs....

Excited Like a Kid in Candy Shop

Hi guys, this is my first msg at forum,
i m from vadodara (gujarat) and planning to buy HT, and had zeroed on following config.
Denon 1312 AVR,
Klipsch HD T-300 Speakers,
Optoma HD20 or Optoma HD66.

And LED / OTHER lighting for my HomeTheatre Interior decoration,
to give it mood lighting
Also misc stuff like Project Lift, HDMI wires ( 25 ft. for extensions)

You guys here are very knowledgeable regarding places where these products are sold at very competitive rates, pls guide me where i can get a demo of these stuff and buy them at WHAT rates?

I have plenty of time to roam all bombay to find great deals. But dont know where to road and find them.

I had read this thread in full and will surely visit pooja electronics , but other than pooja where is the "main" market where you can find plenty of shops dealing only in these stuff.

Also, pls someone tell me why i cant PM
anybody? This happened here only.

Thanx members like rajadeep and mrunalrane for sharing their knowledge, and taking many hassles out of way for guys like me.

hi kalpen, just mised ur post. not online 2-3 days
inquire at poja shop he can give u best rate.
prices r slightly high than b4..
i cant pm u any msg dont no? why.
bye lots of love & best of luck happy shoping.

sorry i don't know how to post pics

can anyone guide me....

Attachments

• 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
sorry i don't know how to post pics

can anyone guide me....

Upload your pics on any photo sharing website like imageshack or photobucket. Get their direct links and put them between the quotes
one for each image, when you post here.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

i tried imageshack but does not display the image
when i tried some other random image through google search
it does show ...

Last edited:
Thanks spiro i figured it out

058ov.jpg

060jb.jpg

057os.jpg

081ae.jpg

061ay.jpg

070p.jpg

074tk.jpg

088urj.jpg

095j.jpg

098ww.jpg

104kq.jpg

106ql.jpg

111szb.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality pics ... it was taken from my mobile camera
The Mongol movie pics are during day time ... it is pretty bright and very
watchable in day, i have big french windows in my living room and with just
light colored curtains drawn the movie was very much watchable ...
The Mongol movie quality was not great it was a dvd rip (downloaded)

And Rio was much better quality being a 720p rip, it had good and vibrant colors
it was awesome ... it was played late evening ... not even completely dark

300 was played in the night ... u can see great contrast ... though the movie is not
colorful but it has good sepia contrast feel to it...

Mind you it is projected on an off white colored wall ... i can only imagine how it would look
on a good quality screen...

My friends and neighbors were just in awe of it as they saw a mundane wall
magically turn into a theater screen...:D

I am totally satisfied with this PJ, the picture quality is beyond my expectations...
Maybe bcoz it is my first PJ ... i don't know ..
but i was in a state of bliss last few days just watching movie after movie ...

i am going to take a break in movie watching ... bcoz i started getting a headache
and i felt i was pushing the poor Projector a little too much...:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Will anyone tell me why i cant PM anybody?
if moderator or administrator is reading this than pls tell me how to PM fellow members....

Thanx a ton.
my date of visiting bombay is coming near and i need to talk to some guys here.
so save me from hassles i might face.

Upload your pics on any photo sharing website like imageshack or photobucket. Get their direct links and put them between the quotes
one for each image, when you post here.

You can also copy a link there which is named "forum code" once you upload image & you can directly see images in HFV.

@Santy sorry i missed your post earlier ... ofcourse you are invited anytime
just give me a call ... i am put up in Thakur Village (Kandivli East) ... i will PM you
my number and address in a while ...

All the Best...

@Kaptan just wait for it to get cheaper and as stated before ... put it in your shopping cart ... and keep checking regularly ... everything is explained in this thread ... u guys are getting it easy ... i learned it the hard way of running around for a month ... just kidding....:D

BTW : The pics are posted on previous page No. 11 do check it out

P.S. After this as we grow in number of owners of this PJ ... as i am getting a lot of PMs enquiring about this PJ... we will try to figure out how to use it's 3D option...

It's a whole story in itself ... right now i am too tired to get into it after my movies Marathon:D and demoing the PJ to everyone who wants to...

But slowly we would try to watch this baby in it's 3D glory.....:)

Last edited:
Its amazing for the given price, how much value this pj offers. Thanks for the pics fusebulb.
What was the size of the projection on the wall? At what distance could you notice the pixellations?

I am planning to restrict the size of my screen to 4' x 7.12' (max 98" diagonal) since the laminate is not available wider than 4 ft. Since it is only 720p and my viewing position is about 13 ft, I wish to control the craving for a bigger screen @ 8ft wide which I initially planned (110").

screen.jpg

The bigger frame is 110" and the inset one is 98". Though the overall difference is quite high, it is less signficant w.r.t the scope size (denoted by red marks).

Last edited:
Yes people don't judge it by it's cheap price ... It can give some
expensive PJs a run for their money ... It's a great value for money PJ

The size was roughly 85-90" diagonal bcoz of the throw distance, i believe
it should give very good image quality till 120" ... but i guess the smaller the image
the better the quality of the image ... that's how all PJs are ...

Don't worry about the pixelation ... i had to go really close to notice any pixelation...
Yes and the RBE effect i.e. (Rainbow effect) it is noticeable but only when you are looking for it ...
It is very strange this RBE it comes only when you look for it ... i guess it is more at sub conscious level ... when u forget abt it ... it is not visible...
But yes if you try to move your eyes fast across the screen and blink fast only then it
is visible ... otherwise it does not bother ... i mean u don't have to worry about it

@Santy is this the pic of your wall?
98" should suffice in your room, but then it is totally your judgment ...
but as i said smaller the screen better the picture...

hi, fb
sum things to consider
1- get the pj fixed on celing , via mount.
2- complete the coling cycle of pj (fan)
3-keep the pj cover by soft cloth after use when cold to avoid dust ,
as we dont have a dedicated ht room .
4-watch from a sufficient distance to avoid headches sply when pj r new to our eye site.(that is also my experience).
5- try to instal pj away from windows.
best of luck movies masti cheers dhamallll
byeeeeeeeeee.

Yes fusebulb its the proposed wall on which I am planning to put up the fixed screen. Just used insulation tape to visualize the size and plan accordingly.

I have decided to settle with 4 ft tall screen to avoid possible disappointments of not buying 1080p though its out of my budget currently.

Out of excitement such shortcomings won't be apparent initially, but slowly we will get to become concerned about screen material and size, resolution, contrast, colour reproduction, performance under lit conditions etc. So like you said, smaller the better.

@fusebulb HD66 was on sale once more @ $439 on amazon.com for a few hours on 15th before going out of stock again... I would recommend you log into amazon.com everyday(maybe even more than once a day to keep chking for stock... If you find it in stock pls order it immediately :) ...

if you find anything like this for HD20 OR HD66 again pls tell me .

I am waiting to hit the Order button, but the price isn't budging on Amazon.
Still patiently waiting. Meanwhile any opinion on BenQ W600+.

if you find anything like this for HD20 OR HD66 again pls tell me .
I will but I would really recommend you fix up ur budget 1st... Decide wht is the most you can go... Like for Fusebulb it was 30k... I personally thought it was a bit low but he did manage to fit a very good projector in that budget... So again I say this pls decide on your budget... If its 30-35k we will look into 720p projectors... If it is 50-60k We will look into lower end 1080p projectors like HD20 & Pro8200... If it is 70-75k than your best bet would be a Epson TW5900 3D projector from amazon.de... If it is above 80k then you would be better off joining me & the other members in a groupbuy for the epson TW6000 3D projector with India warranty like I have suggested in the Groupbuy thread I have started...

Keep us updated !!

Same goes for you :p... Although I think you are almost set on the HD20 from amazon.com... Unfortunately the price has gone up a bit... Another option to look at would be to consider the Benq W1060 from Amazon.de... It comes to 56-58k & many reviews rate it higher than the HD20...

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back