720p Projector under Rs 30000

I am waiting to hit the Order button, but the price isn't budging on Amazon.
Still patiently waiting. Meanwhile any opinion on BenQ W600+.

According to many ppl the Benq W600/W700 has better PQ & more vivid colours when compared to the HD66... But it also has a more pronounced rainbow effect that some ppl get effected by... Benq W700 is less than 38k on amazon.de ... Right now the cheapest deal for a 720p projector is the Acer H5360 for $470 on newegg... Although if you want to order from newegg you have to ship it via borderlinx or amarex...

.. If it is 50-60k We will look into lower end 1080p projectors like HD20 & Pro8200...

hi raj deep,
sorry to bother u but pls mention hd 20 as a v good entry level pj than a( lower end ) pj thanking u nothing personel....
bye buddy take care c u......

i dont know when my wait will be over for Pj. i want to order another one, but price is struck at $550, its not coming down at $440 / $ 449 at which fusebulb got it..... ;-(
god help me....
my fingers are itching to order but amazon price drop is not seen....
Anybody else too waiting for price drop in HD66?

I am exactly in the same boat, even $500 is fine with me. I am checking almost daily with all alerts set. It is not coming down. I even have the fixed screen done and ready to be hung on the wall. I am also looking at Benq w700 through Amazon.de at rs. 38k landing price and acer hd5360 at almost same rate from Amazon.com but my heart says wait for hd66. :(

yes, santy,
ur heart says is true.
wait it out.
acer and benq is not much popular compared to HD66, and at $440 its a steal.
i will PM u about price drop if i caught it first

Hi Santy,
At the current price the w700 from amazon.de might seem more attractive... It has a better image quality than the HD66... I think a forum member name musicmaya has the W700... I don't know if he is from mumbai or not but if he is you could ask him for a audition of this projector... If not you could ask a dealer for a audition... Btw the epson 720p projectors should be available in the 43-45k range in India with bill & warranty... I think 45k is the price for the latest 720p model from epson which also had a iphone/iPad dock... Model number is 850HD... Best part is it has 2yrs warranty... I do hope other companies like acer & optoma take a cue from epson & launch 720p projectors in the under 45k range in India... Funny part is the optoma hd67 is 15k costlier than the epson 850HD in India while the HD66 is $200-250 cheaper than in 850HD in the US...

PS although W700 is considered to have better PQ than the HD66 some ppl see the rainbow effect with this projector... That is the reason I am askin you to get a audition before buying...

PSS Santy you could talk to Varay image runners about the exact pricing of the epson 720p models in India... I am assuming the price to be in the 43-45k range but it could be lower too... But it wont be higher as the MRP of the 850HD is 50k in India ...

Last edited:
Benq w700 does have good reviews but also many reports on over heating issues apart from RBE. I do not have A/c at home so I wonder if it can really go for 3 hr long without break.

Thats y I said maybe you should get in touch with musicmaya & ask him about this projector... He could give you 1st hand review...

BTW if anyone is interested the 705HD is now on Amazon.com for $499... Unfortunately the rupee has tanked vs the dollar in the last few days & now hovers around the 50.4 mark... Anyway I have a feeling many projector prices are gonna fall in the following months so we might get lucky & get another projector in the less than $450 range... Hopefully it will be the HD66 which comes down again...

rajadeep
I spoke to someone in Varay Image runners. I asked for some options for 720p projector. He was not sure what I was asking. Explained him. He said he deals with Casio and Epson. He said 720p does not come below 75k and 1080p under 100k! I asked him to check some model and give me options. He said he will call back, but never did.

Meanwhile check this out. Epson 705HD against BenqW600. Do not know how far it is correct, but LCD is pathetic to say the least in contrast though it has bigger projection for the given distance.

Well I can't hold it anymore. Especially when my fixed screen is hanging on the wall like an orphan. There's no definite pattern of rate revision on amazon. It could go up too.

So I finally bit the bullet and just ordered for Optoma HD66 for USD 737 on amazon.com all inclusive. Yup..its around Rs. 7,700 more than what fusebulb paid, but time has also some value! Can't wait for the big screen experience.:yahoo:

Well I can't hold it anymore. Especially when my fixed screen is hanging on the wall like an orphan. There's no definite pattern of rate revision on amazon. It could go up too.

So I finally bit the bullet and just ordered for Optoma HD66 for USD 737 on amazon.com all inclusive. Yup..its around Rs. 7,700 more than what fusebulb paid, but time has also some value! Can't wait for the big screen experience.:yahoo:

Well yes and congrats...

hey guys
The order value was $736.79. As per xe.com, the current exchange rate is INR 37,716.99 but my debit card was swiped for INR 38,456.93. Can anyone explain (i) why it is charged more and (ii) why instead of debiting at the time of shipping, it was done almost instantaneously?

hey guys
The order value was $736.79. As per xe.com, the current exchange rate is INR 37,716.99 but my debit card was swiped for INR 38,456.93. Can anyone explain (i) why it is charged more and (ii) why instead of debiting at the time of shipping, it was done almost instantaneously?

The rates shown on xe.com site are just for reference only. Every bank has its own rates so they would have charged accordingly. I think your card charged immediately as the product is available and would be dispatching immediately, it happened to me as well on amazon.de site where once I booked I got the msg on my mobile that my card has been charged but at the same time got the mail that my order has been prepared and will be dispatched the next day with delivery of 1 day to my friend in Frankfurt.

thanks

nnnnnnaaaaaaahhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiii
:D

Congrats buddy... You are gonna love ur big screen exp thats for sure... Anyway wanted to clear up some things up for others who might be reading this thread for future reference...

1) The W700 vs the epson 705 :- I think others too have mentioned this but lower end LCD projectors like the 705 tend to have bad black lvls... Plus you are comparing to a W700 which is among the best DLP 720 projectors...

2) The exchange rate on websites vs exchange rate swiped on CC:- Well this one is simple... The exchange rate normally posted on any website or shown on the evening business news is just an average on the buy & sell rate... i.e If todays exchange rate is 51 rupees for a dollar & u want to buy dollars u will actually have to shell out something like 51.25 rupees for a dollar... Similarly if you want to sell dollars you will only get about 50.5 rupees for a dollar...

3) About the epson 720p projectors launched in India :- well I made the rate calculation assuming a 10% discount on MRP... check out this article about the launch of these projectors in India... Epson launches new range of HT projectors in India

4) Lastly on the topic of when is the right time to buy a projector:- Well the answer is pretty simple... The time is right freaking NOW :p...

Anyway Santy dont fret now about which would have been better or if you got the best deal or not etc etc... The epson 705 has pretty bad black lvls & the W700 has a prominent RBE effect so HD66 was the safer choice... Although I would have really liked you to have gotten it closer to the lvl fusebulb got it at(I no u would have liked that as well :p), I cant say you got it at a bad price... The price is more than fair... Anyway sit back enjoy ur projector when it lands here & do post some pics... & After that invite some us over for some tea to see the projector 1st hand :p... I especially would like to see ur DIY screen :)...

Last edited:
Thanks rajadeep
No, I never worry after buying anything unless it goes kaput.
In fact this is the longest wait for me after deciding to buy.
All other items in my signature were bought after not more than a week of taking decision!
So the cost is just ok for me.
Yes HD66 seems to be a safe bet in many aspects.
Will surely post pics and invite you guys for a micro meet.

Can you tell me if this HDMI cable should do the job. I need 30ft and not willing to spend more than Rs. 1 to 1.5k especially the damage on pj was quite high for me considering my initial budget. Any other suggestions welcome.

Actual the damage was quite high since the screen was damaged :D
I used Virgo laminate shade id 1209MF
Welcome to Virgo Group of Companies

I was with the carpenter only for 20% of the time.
Once the job was done, he called me over.
I saw a big bend in the frame, I was very disappointed..
Asked the carpenter to fix it. While trying to straighten it, he broke the laminate.
He said the design was flawed (to save his soul).
Without any option I bought one more laminate and asked him to redo.
He used additional frame around it and pasted the new lam on the reverse of the ply. We made the black border together.

After negotiation on several items, the total damage was

1200 lam
200 fevicol
650 ply
800 wood
250 rim
300 velvette cloth
500 labour

3900 Total

1200 extra lam
400 extra wood
500 extra labour
200 extra fevi

6200 Grand Total

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back