720p Projector under Rs 30000

@spirovious

Optoma HD20 can be bought from amazon for $859 plus customs or from
Pooja Electronics (Tardeo) for 60k which is the same cost as amazon's
and HD66 can be bought from Amazon for $439 as described in earlier posts...

kevian
Are you planning to mount the PJ on the back wall? AFAIK, there is no other option other than bringing the projector closer to the screen to reduce the projection size.

:sad: POP ceiling is over...didn't setup any provision for ceiling mount. In future, when I have both money and thirst for a Projector, I don't how I'm going to take that.:sad:

Any idea which media player will conform to this requirement for 3D playback on the PJ:

The HD66 is capable of displaying 1280x720 content at 120 frames per second, which equates to 60 frames per second per eye. You will need a 3D signal source, such as a computer with a powerful graphics card, and one pair of active shutter glasses compatible with DLP Link for each viewer. Keep in mind that the fact that a projector is capable of showing 3D does not mean that it will be compatible with all 3D signal sources in the future.

And cost and availability of active Shutter glasses with DLP link in India?

himedia-hd900b.jpg

HiMedia HD900B

The optoma hd66 cant play 3d videos right out of the box ...u need a 3d adapter like optoma 3dxl or 3DVIP to play 3d content and to top it u need 3d dlp link glasses which are hard to find in India....ebay being yr best bet

The PJ already shipped yesterday ... receiving date 30th Jan
though the official date was Feb 6 ...:D

The credit card was swiped for 30069 only ... even better ... :yahoo:

I love you Amazon ...:)

Aww I guess you went over budget by Rs 69 :eek:hyeah: ... What is it about Hifivision that keeps making up go over budget :p ...

Hi guys, this is my first msg at forum,
i m from vadodara (gujarat) and planning to buy HT, and had zeroed on following config.
Denon 1312 AVR,
Klipsch HD T-300 Speakers,
Optoma HD20 or Optoma HD66.

And LED / OTHER lighting for my HomeTheatre Interior decoration,
to give it mood lighting
Also misc stuff like Project Lift, HDMI wires ( 25 ft. for extensions)

You guys here are very knowledgeable regarding places where these products are sold at very competitive rates, pls guide me where i can get a demo of these stuff and buy them at WHAT rates?

I have plenty of time to roam all bombay to find great deals. But dont know where to road and find them.

I had read this thread in full and will surely visit pooja electronics , but other than pooja where is the "main" market where you can find plenty of shops dealing only in these stuff.

Also, pls someone tell me why i cant PM
anybody? This happened here only.

Thanx members like rajadeep and mrunalrane for sharing their knowledge, and taking many hassles out of way for guys like me.

Ever since I decided to buy this, I am checking Amazon rates on a daily basis, but its not going below $594 excluding shipping / customs. Don't know if it will ever come down at all. :(

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

Have patience Santy it will come down for sure ... i can guarantee it ... it came down twice for me to $439 ... i missed it the first time ... but second time i booked it ... u may have to check multiple times in a day...

Another tip is to keep it in your Shopping cart (do not delete from your cart) even if the price is high ... bcoz Amazon automatically updates your Shopping cart with the latest price ... and if the price comes down ... it will be noted in red ...

So have patience it is coming soon...

Hi. Again,
I had booked my tickets to bombay for 5th feb to 7th feb. and planning to find below listed stuff where-ever i can at best possible rates and where i can audition them.
If anybody can guide me where should exactly i go than i will be really gratefull to u guys.

Thanx a ton anyone who takes the pain to guide me in advance... ;-)

Hi guys, this is my first msg at forum,
i m from vadodara (gujarat) and planning to buy HT, and had zeroed on following config.
Denon 1312 AVR,
Klipsch HD T-300 Speakers,
Optoma HD20 or Optoma HD66.

And LED / OTHER lighting for my HomeTheatre Interior decoration,
to give it mood lighting
Also misc stuff like Project Lift, HDMI wires ( 25 ft. for extensions)

You guys here are very knowledgeable regarding places where these products are sold at very competitive rates, pls guide me where i can get a demo of these stuff and buy them at WHAT rates?

I have plenty of time to roam all bombay to find great deals. But dont know where to road and find them.

I had read this thread in full and will surely visit pooja electronics , but other than pooja where is the "main" market where you can find plenty of shops dealing only in these stuff.

Also, pls someone tell me why i cant PM
anybody? This happened here only.

Thanx members like rajadeep and mrunalrane for sharing their knowledge, and taking many hassles out of way for guys like me.

I think (not sure) amazon gives 1 month price assurance. J&R definitely gives. So if prices fall in next one month, you will get the difference refunded.
I purchased my projector from J&R, and the price went down, unfortunately just a few days after one month :D

Yes it has arrived people in all it's glory ... the deal was stress less and professional (Amazon is highly recommended) i have never bought anything this easily ... after a quick and dirty install ... in first impression was obviously blown away by the quality ... pretty bright and good colors even on a wall...

Now i am having headaches of how i am going to set it in my 14x12 living room ... but i guess i will figure it out...

Pics coming soon ...

Congrats fb.
I can imagine how you feel.

What about the screen?
Bought or yet to buy or diy?

Where are you put up btw?

Would like to drop in to check it out if you are ok.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

congrats Fusebulb. Now optoma hd66 available for $596..

kaptan do go through this thread fully you will see it has jumped between $596 & $439 atleast 2-3 times... If you have decided firmly on getting a HD66 then wait for it & chk the price everyday... Its bound to go down to $439 again... Then pounce on it :)...

@Fusebulb dude post the pics soon... Getting impatient... Actually you know what why dont you invite Santy over sometime when you are free so u both can give ur verdict on it :p... I would like a invite too although I dont have a trip planned for mumbai for the next 2-3 months :( ...

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back