720p Projector under Rs 30000

i tried several PJ's it is allowing me to shop all of them
tell me this is not a dream ....

My fingers are itching to place the order
tell me what should i do....

My recommendation would be still to talk to Pooja electronics before you buy from amazon... The reason for that is pooja seems to have a fantastic price offering & you could have the peace of mind of chking the projector as soon as you buy so as to not get a dead one...Also in some cases pooja electronics is even cheaper than amazon(unless there is a big sale going on on Amazon)... Like at the present rate of HD20 on Amazon +Shipping & import charges comes to around 62-63K but pooja sold it for 60K to mrunalrane...Also my personal point of view is dont buy a used projector unless its at a significant(significant as in 10k+) discount over the present rate for a new one(like under Rs33k for an HD66)... Reason is simple... Projector bulbs go for around 10-15k each & if you buy a used projector you wont know how long the bulb will last... wht if the bulb goes kaput after 2 days of use you have to buy a new bulb for 12-15k... This would mean you would have bought a used projector for more than a new one... Just a suggestion & I in no way mean any disrespect to the member from whom you are buying the projector... BTW what is the model number of the used projector you are considering???

i liked acer H5360 and optoma hd66 as 720p projectors,
Pooja electronics doesnt have hd66 in stock and when i ask
them for any other PJ they always quote me high budget PJs
and keep telling me that you will not get what you are looking
for in your budget ....

Now Amazon deal is looking perfect for me, it is in my budget
it is even cheaper than Acer H5360, and some reviews put HD66 above
H5360

so i am feeling very excited...

I just might buy HD66, it is swirling in my mind ...

Optoma HD66 was $438 yesterday
today i checked it is $599 .... whyyyyy ...:mad:

do they have weekly discounts or something should i wait
for it to be discounted again or Acer H5360 is available
for $518 ....

Decision time.....:indifferent14:

hey saurabh
i see u are also owner of Optoma HD66, how long have u been using it
and what do you think about the PJ.

I am confused between HD66 and H5360...
what is your take...

I have owned the PJ for over a year now i have clocked less than 20hrs on it LOL,mostly due to the fact that i was gonna move into my new home(see pics) and later i myself relocated to bangalore for a job,hence whenever im in mumbai i try my best to use it...
i dont know much abt acer so cant comment,but i think both are similar in specs,both are DLP,and both have good reviews on amazon so either would be fine.
Honestly i love my optoma PJ its my 1st PJ so i was quite blow away by it like most others but placement can be tricky ......u need lot of things in place before getting a PJ........all said go ahead http://www.flickr.com/photos/saurabh459/sets/72157628755386739/

wow you have a big house and neatly furnished room...

one more question will the Optoma HD66 bought from US (Amazon)
work in India as is ,... or are u using a step down converter as people suggest...

hey saurabh
i see u are also owner of Optoma HD66, how long have u been using it
and what do you think about the PJ.

I am confused between HD66 and H5360...
what is your take...

I am not sure how you can be confused between the H5360 & the HD66... Is the H5360 available anywhere let alone for less than Rs33k???The best price I could find for the H5360 was 38K... Both the H5360 & HD66 are a bit similar in performance(although HD66 is rated higher by almost all the tech review websites) & both normally retail for $525+ in the US market... Thus I recommended the HD66 as it was on sale at a fantastic price for $439... I just fail to understand how you can compare a H5360 which is rated lower than the HD66 by almost every website I chked & is 5k costlier??? Anyway to each their own...
BTW another piece of great news for you... The price of the HD66 has agin shot up to $599... So as of now the cheapest 720p projector you can find now is the H5360 for 38-39K :clapping::clapping::clapping: ...So Now its a no brianer for you... Go ahead & buy that 2nd hand projector you were looking into... Although you could w8 for amazon to have another sale on the HD66 , then talk some more on the forum about how you are confused again & then again w8 for the price to shoot up again:lol::lol::lol:... Rant over & I guess I should stop posting in this thread:indifferent14: ...

Yes Mr. Rajadeep, i appreciate your help in this thread ... but i don't know why you keep deriding me at every other post ... do you have a personal problem with me... i'm sorry i was not born as a genius like you who knows everything that goes on in the world ...

i bet you even knew that the price will shoot up immediately ... you should try your hand in gambling or stock market ... you seem to have a very fast brain ...

Everyone else just gives suggestions or help and leave ...

But you seem to be disturbed about something ...

chill dude .... because now you are pushing it......

CHILLLL...........when i was doing R&D on a PJ 2 years ago i was more concerned abt 720p vs 1080p which hd20 had.....and now for my casual usage i'm glad i got hd66 and saved $$$....AFAIK all PJ have universal voltage(100-240v) so no transformer required at all...importing it via sites like Shopyourworld should come around 40-45k($599+customs+shipping)....Cheeers

hi, rajadeep,
dear stop pinching fusebulb for this issue.
i think after explainig every thing on the pj , fusebulb is still confused what to take?. fusebulb dont wait for the price tag to come down as it may go up also . or wait for a dhamaka sale on net. what is ur ratio for taking optoma v/s acer know in ur mind. how much is ur pocket allowing u to spend right now on pj. what is ur curent setup? . c u have to take ur own decision for any thing . dont mind me we all r ur freinds . to help u .
ur r 10 times more better than me . let me explain. (my story)
i started hunting for pj 2 yrs before. i am a computer h/w eng. i had a dream of taking pj .just used to go to theaters & not only watch movies but to c the beam of light coming from it . it was so admirable . so beautiful to c it .i cant describe, that this beam of light produces images.
i sold 2 used pcs for 12,000 rs & taking that money use to go shops selling pj. for enquiry. finally landed in taking a lg 22 lcd scr.
after some time i managed to collct some funds. got a onkyo 3400 avr for 22,500 rs that time 3400 was costing 25,000 rs in market. one of our forum frnd got it from vijay sales (goregaon-e)for the same price . & i insisted on the same . got a discount for 2500 rs. this yr my mom financed me for 50,000 rs & my wife financed me for 10,000 rs. know finance was ready. but from where to take the pj went for a demo at frnds showroom opp cst station . he coated me 80,000 rs boom i thought pj was dream m/c to me.
that time siting at the horniman circle called pooja elec coted me 60,000 rs
so it was a deal to me . & finaly i was owner of a optoma hd 20.pj
so dear frnd looking at u dont get confused what u like is what u want.
if finance is not a problm to u right know go take one & fulfil ur dream.
hunt for one when prices r down . i still fill dont go for a used pj.
byee byeeeeeeeee... best of luck for ur pj shopping .. :yahoo:

Yes either Optoma HD66 or Acer H5360 is ok with me, they are almost the same ...
i made a mistake of waiting for a day to read more reviews ... between the two i should have booked HD66 for $438 i think it was a Friday Deal on Amazon or something...

i will wait for a week to see how it goes ... because they keep having such discounts ...
or else after that i will book any one of the two....

hi, rajadeep,
dear stop pinching fusebulb for this issue.
i think after explainig every thing on the pj , fusebulb is still confused what to take?. fusebulb dont wait for the price tag to come down as it may go up also . or wait for a dhamaka sale on net. what is ur ratio for taking optoma v/s acer know in ur mind. how much is ur pocket allowing u to spend right now on pj. what is ur curent setup? . c u have to take ur own decision for any thing . dont mind me we all r ur freinds . to help u .
ur r 10 times more better than me . let me explain. (my story)
i started hunting for pj 2 yrs before. i am a computer h/w eng. i had a dream of taking pj .just used to go to theaters & not only watch movies but to c the beam of light coming from it . it was so admirable . so beautiful to c it .i cant describe, that this beam of light produces images.
i sold 2 used pcs for 12,000 rs & taking that money use to go shops selling pj. for enquiry. finally landed in taking a lg 22 lcd scr.
after some time i managed to collct some funds. got a onkyo 3400 avr for 22,500 rs that time 3400 was costing 25,000 rs in market. one of our forum frnd got it from vijay sales (goregaon-e)for the same price . & i insisted on the same . got a discount for 2500 rs. this yr my mom financed me for 50,000 rs & my wife financed me for 10,000 rs. know finance was ready. but from where to take the pj went for a demo at frnds showroom opp cst station . he coated me 80,000 rs boom i thought pj was dream m/c to me.
that time siting at the horniman circle called pooja elec coted me 60,000 rs
so it was a deal to me . & finaly i was owner of a optoma hd 20.pj
so dear frnd looking at u dont get confused what u like is what u want.
if finance is not a problm to u right know go take one & fulfil ur dream.
hunt for one when prices r down . i still fill dont go for a used pj.
byee byeeeeeeeee... best of luck for ur pj shopping .. :yahoo:
I am really impressed by your passion for PJ and your efforts to make your dream a reality. Enjoy your PJ buddy :eek:hyeah:

yes i also feel there is something magical about the PJs
it is precisely this reason for buying a PJ,
bcoz many factors are against me getting a PJ...

like the space constraint ... wife not being too happy about it ...
even my neighbors and friends think it is not a good idea to
have a PJ in a small 1BHK Mumbai house (600 sqft):rolleyes:

But regardless i just want to watch that beam of light throwing pictures
on my wall ... many people don't appreciate or understand that feeling:)

hi fuse bulb ,
nice to c u connected due to this topic .or chain of posts.
lot of problms r common on leting us not to purchase pj these r

1-projectors r not availble to c at anybodys place like tvs, lcds, leds.
2- its a very high end video gadget. for home use.
3- availability of pj ( not selling in any of our malls). only hi end a/v stores.
4- cost is one of the factor.
5-place reqd for home viewing is big ( should have a long room).
6-bulb very exp.
7- very limited bulb life from 2,000 hrs- 4,000hrs may vary modelwise.
8- u require a screen to watch , atleast a good white painted wall(mat).
9-warranty pjs r twice price of gray market pj. (risk factor )comes in pict.
10-family members should also agree .
11-one should have a 5.1 min home theater setup.
12-sitting arrangements should b comfortable for a person to sit for 2-3 hrs min
13-A/c can give u more comfort in ur room & keep ur pj coled.
14- everybody cant afford a dedicated theatre room for a movie.
15- bluray movies r very exp if one wants t c in full hd.(not considrng dth )at the moment.
so these r some conclusions for a movie lover in not taking a pj at home.
bye buddy nice chating to u.....:eek:hyeah:

Havent seen any update from fusebulb so guessing the hunt is still on... I no I should not be posting in this thread especially seeing as I made an ass of myself in my last post here... Anyway have a small advice which i would like to share... Offers like the 440$ from amazon come and go all the time... I no how I was a dick about how u missed ur opportunity to get a good projector at a fantastic price(even u have to admit the price was fantastic) the fact is in projectors as will all electronic items the price goes down over time or you get a better product at the same price over time... So it would make sense to w8 for ur prefered projectors to fall back into ur price range again.... As i can see it you have 3 options as of now...
1) Wait for the HD66 price to again go down below the $440 mark on amazon... The most preferred choice...
2) If you want a projector urgently and are willing to stretch ur budget to 38K it would make better sense to buy a Benq W700 projector from amazon.de... Its a better performance projector according to almost all the review websites & user reviews on the web... BenQ W700 DLP-Projektor wei: Amazon.de: Elektronik
3) buy the second hand projector you were talking about... This is still a no no option for me but you can take your own call on that...

The silver lining in all this is the dollar price is coming down so it is very much possible if and when the amazon price comes down to $440 again you will get is for 1-1.5k cheaper than before :)... But now that you have decided on which models you want to buy than just w8 for a discount to showup & buy that projector(HD66 or the 5360 or even the W700)...

On a related note here is something we havent talked about yet... Do you have a wall planned for projecting the image on... What size is it.... you should have atleast 80in+ screen to fully enjoy the benefits of a projector... As for screens if you cant afford to spend 6-10k on a screen then do remember to take tips from the other members here how to DIY... I heard of a member who is getting great results by using laminate for a fixed screen...

hey rajadeep

Thanks for all the tips ... even though sometimes our chat here hasn't been pleasant ...
but i must say i have gained lot of tips and knowledge from your posts ... you seem to have a hawk eye on the goings on such things like Amazon prices and various other things ...
yes i am waiting for it to again fall in my price range ... either of the three PJs are fine with me as long as they fall in my budget ....
The last friday deal was very good and in budget but somehow i messed it up ..

Today is Friday let's hope there is another one like that ...

And i am planning to buy a decent 100in instalock screen in 5-6k budget ...
can you suggest any tips on how to procure that in Mumbai

cheers.

Last edited:
@fusebulb HD66 was on sale once more @ $439 on amazon.com for a few hours on 15th before going out of stock again... I would recommend you log into amazon.com everyday(maybe even more than once a day to keep chking for stock... If you find it in stock pls order it immediately :) ...

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back