720p Projector under Rs 30000

Optoma HD66 costs 50k on ebay.in @rajadeep can u suggest shops or places to buy my budget projectors in Mumbai i have no idea abt Acer 5360 cost and availability in Mumbai ... nobody keeps Acer Projectors in Mumbai it seems ...

Seriously dude both mrunalrane & myself had suggested u read his thread for details but u still haven't chked it out... Anyway here is the contact address of the shop mrunalrane bought his HD20 from...
Pooja electronics
Bombay central near ac market tardeo nr heera panna
shop no 8 nr film center
Mumbai 34
tel 022-23526634, 022-23511433

You can contact this shop & ask him the price for HD66 model... As far as I no they have the best price available for projectors... You can also pm mrunalrane for tips for negotiating with them as he has already dealt with them... But I doubt even they can quote you a price below Rs38-40k...

Seriously dude both mrunalrane & myself had suggested u read his thread for details but u still haven't chked it out... Anyway here is the contact address of the shop mrunalrane bought his HD20 from...

You can contact this shop & ask him the price for HD66 model... As far as I no they have the best price available for projectors... You can also pm mrunalrane for tips for negotiating with them as he has already dealt with them... But I doubt even they can quote you a price below Rs38-40k...

hi, fusebulb.
why r u anxious on acer.
lot of shops r selling acer. where do u stay in mumbai. i can pm u details.
As per my knowledge optoma is far more better in branding / quality than acer. why go for hd rdy pj, when ur gtng full hd at a very small diff.
lot of forum membrs r enjoying the same pj..
let me know if having difficulty in contacting pooja shop. dont underestimate them. if ur nr by andheri then visit andheri -w laxmi ind est
u will b surprised c them seling all prof stuffs . pro cameras & what not.
bye then hurry get a pj & enjoy it. byeeeeeeeeeeeee...:clapping:

Acer H5360 is a great 720p 3D-ready budget projector. I am using it for last 6 months and am very happy with it. I got it from Amazon for $540 (which came to around INR 24300 at that time) and a friend of mine carried it for me from the US. Both Optoma HD66 and Acer H5360 are very popular in US mainly because of their 3D capabilities.

@ saumitra you got a very good rate ... did you have to pay customs or it is not required ... enjoy ur PJ, do u have a screen or u are using a wall?

@ saumitra you got a very good rate ... did you have to pay customs or it is not required ... enjoy ur PJ, do u have a screen or u are using a wall?

err This all only matters if you have someone cming from US who can carry the projector with him.... If you don't then it does not really matter if he paid customs or not... I do get the feeling you are just doing timepass here... You are yet to contact mrunalrane or pooja electronics to enquire about the price... Just want to kill some time on the forums right? Disappointed...

@ rajadeep i have contacted mrunalrane, we have already spoken about the various shops i can visit, i have not only spoken to Pooja but many vendors in Mumbai ....

i almost struck a deal with a forum member for a used PJ ... i have even started a thread in Wanted section of the forum for a used PJ for 25k to 30k

i know i might be coming across as indecisive, or someone who keeps changing his mind ... maybe there is some truth in that ... bcoz i do struggle to make up my mind...

And what is the harm in asking someone about the customs duty and the ways to evade it ... it will not only help me but anyone who is reading in getting stuff from US...

i like to consider many options before making a decision....

But to tell u the truth this is not as easy as going to Vijay Sales or Ezone and making a decision in 10 mins....

@rajadeep u had said earlier Optoma HD66 is retailing for $439 but now i am checking it is $650,

Last edited:
Optoma projectors bought from the US do not need step down transformer, i am using HD20 bought from there without any transformer.. so dont worry about it :)

Fusebulb pls read mrunalrane's thread as he has suggested... He has listed the shop where is bought his projector... You can contact that shop to see if they have anything that suits ur budget like a 720p projector... Anyway if you increase ur budget by even 8-10k I am sure you can sure you can get a very nice 3D 720p projector like the HD66... Will try & post links later...

EDIT
Just chked a bit & the Optoma HD66(3D 720p projector) is $439 on amazon.com & filed in the details in boderlinx's Shipping cost calculator & got a result of total cost including shipping+customs of under Rs33,000... You could also ask the shop & ship ppl for a quotation of the same & I think you should get a similar or lesser price... This is just over the budget you have quoted & the only problem with this is you will need a step down transformer(I think its 1-1.2k on ebay) for 220v to 110v... Also you wont have warranty but anyway for your budget warranty would not have been possible anywhere you looked in India unless you bought a very inferior product with Indian warranty... Hope this helped...

Try to contact Pooja Electronics, the same guy mentioned in one of above post.. where one of the member bought HD20 from for about 60K INR. They may be able to give you HD65 or HD66 at decent price if not they can offer you any other projector in your budget... you can speak to them over the phone.. guy named pankaj sounded helpful i spoke to him a couple of times.

His cell # 9819795173

@rajadeep u had said earlier Optoma HD66 is retailing for $439 but now i am checking it is $650, anyhow when i go to checkout, Amazon.com says it can't ship at this address (Mumbai address)

So what is the procedure to get PJs from Amazon.com ...

I have a cousin in UK but UK prices are much steeper....

hi, dear fusebulb,
we all r waiting anxiously 2 c u bring home a pj.
dont go for a used pj. if ur budget is not allowing u , then wait for some time .
make up ur mind , & then buy. dont hurry. make ur proper budget & then get the thing done. u can waste ur money with a used pj the bulb is a expensv stuff. limited life time take care when buying . the bulb lamp hrs can b resetd to zero . so chk the delears genuineness also. lot of things have to b consider b4 buying online customs , safety of the pj . any breakage also. these pj r very delicate to handle. chk the pjs bulb case is sealed or not. in my case there is a seal on the cover , to open i have to tear the seal & unscerw this chk can b made to c its a original bulb or not.
buy then lot of wishes . take care.

I ordered it through Amazon US and got it delivered to a colleague's hotel address in US. He carried it for me, so there was no duty etc.
I have a Grand View 8' X 6' manual pull-down screen. I had posted pics of my humble setup in the below thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/1167-showcase-your-audio-video-setup-here-113.html

that's a neat setup, i am also looking to setup my PJ in the living room but
i see your screen is high on the ceiling and you have low seating, i hope it
is not uncomfortable for neck....

How is the feedback of Acer 5360, i really like this PJ, there are some complains
of it automatically shutting down on the net ....

My current setting of the projector is such that the projected image starts from the bottom of the screen which is about 2.5 feet from the floor. So it is ok with my low seating. I will most likely setup a more comfortable seating arrangement soon, but that will also be low, may be a little higher than the current arrangement.
Yes, I also read about the shut-down issue when the projector was ceiling mounted; this however was there only in the initial lots (mainly the ones sold in 2009, early 2010). This issue is non-existent now. Myself and another forum member (vine) both are using the same projector for quite a few months now and are quite happy with it and havent faced any single issue.
I am planning to get the Optoma 3D-XL converter from the US sometime soon to be able to start enjoying 3D movies and games.

yes 3d will be cool, hope you get it soon and njoy your movies...
i am desperately waiting for my Projector...

@ rajadeep i have contacted mrunalrane, we have already spoken about the various shops i can visit, i have not only spoken to Pooja but many vendors in Mumbai ....

i almost struck a deal with a forum member for a used PJ ... i have even started a thread in Wanted section of the forum for a used PJ for 25k to 30k

i know i might be coming across as indecisive, or someone who keeps changing his mind ... maybe there is some truth in that ... bcoz i do struggle to make up my mind...

And what is the harm in asking someone about the customs duty and the ways to evade it ... it will not only help me but anyone who is reading in getting stuff from US...

i like to consider many options before making a decision....

But to tell u the truth this is not as easy as going to Vijay Sales or Ezone and making a decision in 10 mins....

The only way you might be able to evade customs is if you have someone who can carry the projector for you from the US... If you do pls inform us so that we can give you better choice... Making an informed decision is important... Thats why we at this forum try to help each other out... But we need to get some facts straight before we can offer you our best advice... So again I ask you for a few facts
1. Do you have someone who is coming in from the US who can carry the projector with him for u...
2. Do u have a international credit/debit card to order from an international website...
3. Can you stretch your budget by 3-5k if you are able to get a new HD66 projector???

Pls clear up the above points so that we can help you better... Remember we really dont have anything to gain by giving you advice... Just trying to help a fellow member out...

Also there is a bit of good news for you even if you dont have someone flying in from the US... It seems like Amazon.com has started shipping projectors to India... This is great news as you can now buy a HD66 directly from amazon & have it delivered directly to your doorstep :yahoo: ... I will be starting a new thread about this... An Optoma HD66 with shipping & import duty comes to about $597 which if you consider an exchange rate of even Rs 55 for a dollar comes to less than Rs 33,000... Also thi is considering a base price of HD66 of $ 439... Its been going in & out of stock at this price(meaning it is selling out fast) so if this price is acceptable to you then might as well jump it fast... Here is a screenshot of my order summary for the HD66 on amazon.com...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hi rajadeep
this is great news, have you already ordered one
i am in process of buying a used PJ from a member
now i am having second thoughts ...

Can u show me an article or something about they have started shipping
to India ...

thanks for the tip ... i just might order it from Amazon if all things are okay
keep us posted ...

they dont do all pj's but works for hd66 as told in the above post

you can try and see yourself, just add to cart and select shipping to indian address
it shows shipping and handlinig 33.9$ and 123.82$ as taxes(customs i guess)

i tried several PJ's it is allowing me to shop all of them
tell me this is not a dream ....

My fingers are itching to place the order
tell me what should i do....

hi rajadeep
this is great news, have you already ordered one
i am in process of buying a used PJ from a member
now i am having second thoughts ...

Can u show me an article or something about they have started shipping
to India ...

thanks for the tip ... i just might order it from Amazon if all things are okay
keep us posted ...
I am not ordering a HD66 for myself... I am a few months away from actually starting the renovation of my house & only when it is complete will I be ordering a Projector & it will be 1080p... Looking into a AE7000 by panasonic & I hope it gets cheaper by then... Also loved the PQ of the epson 8350 so considering that too(it also helps that the 8350 is 1/3 the price of the AE7000)... I was actually looking to order some other stuff from amazon when I noticed that the HD66 was still in my cart from the last time I chked the price for u & it didnt show any error when i tried to ship it to my home address in India... So i basically stumbled on to this by mistake... This is a fairly new development as I m pretty sure until last week they didnt ship to India(I think even you have confirmed that)... But still I would say Amazon is one of the few online websites you can order blindly from... They have fantastic prices & fantastic customer service... So they will fully help you out if something goes wrong... There are numerous examples on this forum & on the net of amazon's fantastic customer service...

they dont do all pj's but works for hd66 as told in the above post

you can try and see yourself, just add to cart and select shipping to indian address
it shows shipping and handlinig 33.9$ and 123.82$ as taxes(customs i guess)
This is kind of why I did not start a diff thread on this... As far as I have chked it works for Optoma & Panasonic projectors & not on Acer or epson projectors... So the shipping is brand specific & not category specific(like for all projectors)... Hopefully they will keep on adding products to the "shipping to India" list so that we have good options when we shop for products...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back