720p Projector under Rs 30000

hey rajadeep already ordered Optoma HD66 for $439 :yahoo:

but it says it will be shipped on Feb 6 and receiving date is 14 Feb
so will have to probably wait another month to receive it....

thanks to you and everyone who posted for their valuable inputs....:D

Hii.. congrats on d new purchase..
Which method did u use to get the pj from amazon ??
1. frnd bringin along..
2. Shopyrworld
3. aramex

or somethin else..

Congrats!!! Sabar ka fal mitha hota hai :p ... Anyway enjoy ur projector & don't forget to upload pics displaying the image quality once you set it up... Now all you need is a decent screen & a good media player... I do have a suggestion for a media player under Rs 1700(I am using this personally) if u want...for Screen you can contact the member here who used laminate for a fixed screen and ask him how are the results for him... That would be a nice vfm option...

Hii.. congrats on d new purchase..
Which method did u use to get the pj from amazon ??
1. frnd bringin along..
2. Shopyrworld
3. aramex

or somethin else..

You can order directly from amazon.com provided amazon itself is the retailer & not some 3rd party dealer... Amazon will collect the import duty & shipping accordingly ... HD66 comes to less than Rs 33000 with customs & shipping... Not a bad deal at all...

Congrats on your purchase. Yes the waiting will be painful but its worth it.

Is it including customs?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

yes @yahoo0212 amazon ships some PJs directly to your home ... no more hassles of borderlinx or any such thing ... plus it is the cheapest if you buy it from amazon ...

@Santy the total cost is $439 for PJ $33.91 shipping and $123.82 customs
Total cost $596.00

Still a very good deal...

@Rajadeep i will be using my PC for media playing ... but i would still like to know what media player you are suggesting...

Will try to post pics of the PJ once it arrives ...

Last edited:
yes @yahoo0212 amazon ships some PJs directly to your home ... no more hassles of borderlinx or any such thing ... plus it is the cheapest if you buy it from amazon ...

@Santy the total cost is $439 for PJ $33.91 shipping and $123.82 customs
Total cost $596.00

Still a very good deal...

@Rajadeep i will be using my PC for media playing ... but i would still like to know what media player you are suggesting...

Will try to post pics of the PJ once it arrives ...

Here is the link for the media player I am suggesting
Mini 1080P Full HD Media Player with AV/YPrPb/HDMI/USB/SD/MMC - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I have been using this little wonder for 6-7 months now & till now it has played every file I have thrown at it(other than a bluray iso file)... I have even tested this with a 32GB 1080p Avatar mkv & it played it flawlessly ( I even did some fasts forwarding at 16x speed & then suddenly hitting play but still this player was smooth as ever) ... Extremely pleased with this product... Only con I felt was the remote which needs to be in direct line of sight of the player to work properly... Other than that a very good buy... Going by the current dollar rate of ~ 51 this should come to Rs 1581/-... If you have bought a HTPC already which you are planning to use with ur projector then its ok... If not then go for this baby & you will save urself quite a bit of trouble & money in the form of electricity bills :) ...

hey rajadeep already ordered Optoma HD66 for $439 :yahoo:

but it says it will be shipped on Feb 6 and receiving date is 14 Feb
so will have to probably wait another month to receive it....

thanks to you and everyone who posted for their valuable inputs....:D

hi fusebulb, congrats for ur new pj. u have done it.
u wil have a very nice valentine gift.
how about instalation? celing mount , 5.1 sound, hdmi cable, input
dvd/bd ,mp ?
rgrds

I have put up my LCD TV on sale contemplating to buy a 50" plasma.

But now I am very tempted towards a projector.

Just looking at this pic gives me goosebumps to imagine how exciting a PJ can get: :licklips:

50incher.jpg

At roughly 15 feet distance, is there any significant difference between a 720p and 1080p? Any expert advice?

I have put up my LCD TV on sale contemplating to buy a 50" plasma.

But now I am very tempted towards a projector.

Just looking at this pic gives me goosebumps to imagine how exciting a PJ can get: :licklips:

50incher.jpg

At roughly 15 feet distance, is there any significant difference between a 720p and 1080p? Any expert advice?

Looks as if 40-50-55 lcd led plasmas...are bashed thoroughly by the projector screen pic...

hey @Santy i would advise you to keep your 32"LCD and buy a PJ...
i first bought a 42" Full HD LCD Samsung TV it's a great TV ... but nothing can beat a PJ...
i could have bought a 32" TV (much cheaper) for my daily TV needs ...
and use the PJ for Movies, Games, and occasional Big Ticket Sports Events ...

Bcoz u cannot replace your TV with the PJ ... the life of a PJ is much shorter than a TV and it's not meant for very heavy use ....

@ mrunalrane thanks ... i would wait for the PJ to arrive and then hunt for a screen...
most likely i will be ceiling mount the screen as well as the PJ ... i have already bought
a 25' hdmi cable in advance ... but now that i calculate i require atleast 40'

i will be using PC for media and my Denon 1612 paired with KEF Q500 for the sound ... i will be upgrading to a sub, center and surround speakers
gradually ... but for now this should suffice...

maybe i will buy an hdmi extension cable or replace it with a longer HDMI cable...

have you mounted the screen on the ceiling or the wall ... can you post your pic of the installation for some ideas ... and where did you buy your ceiling mount for the PJ

Last edited:
hey @Santy i would advise you to keep your 32"LCD and buy a PJ...
i first bought a 42" Full HD LCD Samsung TV it's a great TV ... but nothing can beat a PJ...
i could have bought a 32" TV (much cheaper) for my daily TV needs ...
and use the PJ for Movies, Games, and occasional Big Ticket Sports Events ...

Bcoz u cannot replace your TV with the PJ ... the life of a PJ is much shorter than a TV and it's not meant for very heavy use ....

@Santy
+1. Keep your 32" and buy a PJ. I have a 46" LED but now i feel its too small :mad: Nothing will beat PJ.

I have seen ur place. 55" after couple of months will look like 32" :D and you will regert of not buying a PJ.

Yeah guys, last 2-3 days I lost sleep in thinking about the upgrade of my display. I knew I am losing heavily if I sell the TV. My budget was around Rs. 60-70k for the new plasma. I thought I will sell my TV for some decent amount and add remaining from pocket/ emi. Now if I go for PJ, it looks like apart from being able to keep the TV, I can still save lotta money. I am not keen to watch anything else on PJ except movies (mostly music videos). So I guess I will close the TV sale thread and change the track. :D

Good decision IMO :)

Now u can either buy a Optoma HD20 (Full HD PJ) for 60k
or Optoma HD66 720p for 31.5k like mine ... which is half
the cost of HD20...

But for buying HD66 you will have to wait like i did for the price
to come down ... you will have to check very often on Amazon
for prices to fall, which was a great tip from @Rajadeep ... i thank
him for that ....

Hopefully u can sleep better tonight ... :D

Thanks fusebulb. Rs. 60k is quite out of my budget considering the fact that I ain't raising any funds by selling the TV. I think I will settle with HD66. I have been reading reviews since last 2 days and got fairly convinced. Will place an order mostly in first week of Feb. Have to settle some outstanding on the card.

Good going people. I have a projection distance of 24 feet, can the minimum diagonal inches be lesser than 130 inches as I don't have wall space more than that? I've tried few calculators but somehow I fail to get an idea as it is varying from different projectors available in the market....kindly advise.

cheers!!
Kevian

Good going people. I have a projection distance of 24 feet, can the minimum diagonal inches be lesser than 130 inches as I don't have wall space more than that? I've tried few calculators but somehow I fail to get an idea as it is varying from different projectors available in the market....kindly advise.

cheers!!
Kevian

kevian
Are you planning to mount the PJ on the back wall? AFAIK, there is no other option other than bringing the projector closer to the screen to reduce the projection size.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back