A/C in home theatre..

manu4panjab

hey guys
i guess its time to install a/c in my ht coz today i noticed that when after playing my system for 2 hrs i then put my hands on the back of the subwoofer amp and its very hot

so any advice which a/c brand ,my ht room is 12x20x10 ..

regarding electricity units... we gotta check the start rating.. however 3 star would do .. there isin't much diffrence in 3 or 5 star rated ac bills.. say 200 rs diff every month if both used for 8 hours everyday.

room size and how many folks will be in the room. would be helpful to decide the ac tonnage..

Subwoofer, especially active s/w (and 95% are active types), will become hot, A/C or no-A/C. This is because they will generate 100W to 200W of sound output and for that they will consume that much elec power.

But A/C will help in keeping the ambient temp down. Imagine that your HT is dessipating heat - the TV, the DVD/BD player, AVR, Sub, etc. So some cooling is definitely reqquired.

I will strictly recommend split A/C. The window A/C will make too much noise and spoil the fun.

regarding electricity units... we gotta check the start rating.. however 3 star would do .. there isin't much diffrence in 3 or 5 star rated ac bills.. say 200 rs diff every month if both used for 8 hours everyday.

room size and how many folks will be in the room. would be helpful to decide the ac tonnage..

room size 12x20x10 ,folks atleast 5,like to know is 3 star ok ,is lg ok

Subwoofer, especially active s/w (and 95% are active types), will become hot, A/C or no-A/C. This is because they will generate 100W to 200W of sound output and for that they will consume that much elec power.

But A/C will help in keeping the ambient temp down. Imagine that your HT is dessipating heat - the TV, the DVD/BD player, AVR, Sub, etc. So some cooling is definitely reqquired.

I will strictly recommend split A/C. The window A/C will make too much noise and spoil the fun.

ya i'm opt for split a/c

Me too in the same state of affairs and my living room and dining are in an L shape. Living to Dining is open spaced. The living room space is 18*12*10. I have finalized on the Panasonic CS/CU-YC24MKY-T 2.0Ton (3 Star) Split Air Conditioner - thats Ruby colored front panel
Burn in the pocket - Rs. 32,000 including stabilizer and installation in Vizag.

I thought this is the best fit in this price for a 2 ton AC. The Samsungs and Lgs are priced atleast 3 K above this.

Me too in the same state of affairs and my living room and dining are in an L shape. Living to Dining is open spaced. The living room space is 18*12*10. I have finalized on the Panasonic CS/CU-YC24MKY-T 2.0Ton (3 Star) Split Air Conditioner - thats Ruby colored front panel
Burn in the pocket - Rs. 32,000 including stabilizer and installation in Vizag.

I thought this is the best fit in this price for a 2 ton AC. The Samsungs and Lgs are priced atleast 3 K above this.

is 1 ton a/c is not sufficient

Paaji, Vadaa lao ek hee vaari, agoo vi kam aao si, chotta ley leeta tey kal nu mushkil pao.

Tuwada room size vee wadaa hai, better to buy 1.5 Ton. Check LG or Samsung, but will suggest Hitachi or OGeneral in Window as well.

In my opinion we should buy the products from the companies who actually specialize in those fields, Samsung's strength is not AC's, it is display units.

You should look at Hitachi, OGeneral (Fujitsu), Bluestar or Carrier since they are also involved in installing AC plants, hence are specialized in this field.

I second that. I have three A/Cs in my home - a 2002 Hitachi 1.5 Window, a 2007 1.2T Split Samsung and a 2008 1T Samsung Window.

Without doubt the Hitachi is way better than the others in spite of limited features. LG and Samsung just add (useless?) features. I would recommend o'General, Hitachi, Bluestar, Carrier, and maybe even Voltas.

If your budget is low - go for LG
If High - go for Hitachi AC , its worth.........
:cool:)

today i cheched daikin and azure 1.5ton split a/c both same prices 28500+ installation both 3stars

one more thing when i'll install split should i use same circuit which a/v equipments already use

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back