A cheap multiregion Blu-ray player...

Buddy, I can't imagine any HDMI media player in this universe which do not bitstream original audio through HDMI.

Remember, it needs to CONVERT audio if not passing original bitstream (other than core DD/DTS audio embedded within HD streams). And no there is no DTS HD core, its either DTS HD (MA or not) or DTS core!

Some players may not support decoding of some streams, but all can pass the stream as they themselves wont do any conversion that way!

Thanks for the info.

I was little confused as per the amazon.de site this is what is listed as part of the features.
Product Features
Plays DVD video player, BluRay player, 3D Blu-ray player, CD Audio, VCD 2.0, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD + R, DVD + RW, MP3, JPEG, HD JPEG
Sound: Dolby Digital compatible DTS compatible, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS HD (core)
Image: 1080p/24 output, PAL Progressive Scan, Deep Color, Slow Motion
Ports: 2 channel audio (analog), HDMI output, Ethernet RJ45, USB port
Delivery: Blu-ray player, remote control, manual

Also I was in the impression that not all hdmi players would bitstream the hd audio as is because of the licensing issue with regards to the Dolby Tru-hd and DTS HDMA. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Last edited:
Buddy, I can't imagine any HDMI media player in this universe which do not bitstream original audio through HDMI.

Remember, it needs to CONVERT audio if not passing original bitstream (other than core DD/DTS audio embedded within HD streams). And no there is no DTS HD core, its either DTS HD (MA or not) or DTS core!

Some players may not support decoding of some streams, but all can pass the stream as they themselves wont do any conversion that way!

hmm so can the original xtreamer stream hd audio? I heard that was not possible.

The original Playstation 3 (Phatty) also could not bitstream HD audio. It was a limitation of HDMI ver 1.2

The Slim CAN bitstream HD audio (HDMI ver 1.3)

BDP2600 from philips was going for 2.4K in starCj india site .. wait for a while till more stock comes

some kinda region hack
here Any hack soln for Philips Blu ray player BDP2600 to play any - FixYa

not tested ;)

Alternate :
Buy HIMedia HD900B Android player + bdrom combined [import] =12k-13k

you will get all needed features for AV setup
-full 3D ,wifi,3TB HDD plugable,FLAC,mp3 playback etc
-will play bluerays, download, browse web
-

Thanks a lot krishnenduk.

As per your advice, I also followed the same route as you i.e. amazon.co.uk with Aramex SNS.

Total damage to the wallet Rs.7700/- (GBP70 (incl VAT + Delivery) + Rs.1950 SNS shipping). Got it Duty Free. Flat within 2 days here in Delhi from the day of receipt at their UK warehouse.

In fact it's available at Cheap TVs | LCD TVs | LED TVs | 3D TVs | Plasma TVs | Televisions for GBP60 incl VAT + Free shipping but it would just not accept my Indian CC, so if you have friends in UK who can ship to your SNS address, even better. Cool saving of further Rs.800/-

Connected it to my LG LW6500, applied the firmware patch and made it region free.

Watched Tangled 3D, looked awesome.

Remote is a crappy piece of hardware, looks cheap & nasty. However, I ll use my harmony 900 so it does not matter.

I got my player as well thru my friend from Frankfurt. Applied the firmware and made the player region free for DVD which I was able to verify but unable to verify the blu-ray region as I do not have any other region blu-ray but looking at the option to set diff region inputs this should work flawlessly.

One update I played the harry potter bluray with dts-hd audio my yamaha receiver is showing as PCM even though I set to bitstream. So I think it is giving only the dts core and not the actual hd audio. I think this is downside to the player. I verified that it does not bitstreams dts-hd audio even before the region hack, so no problem with the firmware update. Problem is with the player itself. Unable to verify the dolby tru-hd as no blu-ray disc with that audio but the manual clearly states that it is compatible for dolby tru-hd so I believe this should work. But overall a very good player with reasonably good upscaling the dvd to 1080p video.

Thanks

Users of Toshiba BDX3200 ....can you please check and see if the USB port on the front ,supports NTFS formatted Drives and does it play s HighDefinition Videos (.Mkvs, H264 codec videos) BR Rips??

Hii,

After that I used SNS to procure Toshiba BDX3200 from amazon.uk. The item reached me within 2weeks of order.. Its a cute little player with a blue LED illuminated blu-ray logo on the front.. Looks cool...

Connected it yesterday to my Panasonic Plasma.. Patched it with the region free firmware.. Played region A Avatar BD..

Anyway I am totally satisfied with my purchase.. :) Total damage to the wallet was Rs. 8100/-.. Anyone looking for a cheaper BDP can buy this one with confidence..

Check this link for further info..

Blu-ray and DVD Player Multiregion Hacks | AVForums.com - UK Online

According to the link many Toshiba BDP models can be made region free by using the firmware...

In the thread title interpretation of cheap = inexpensive

Thanks and regards...
I checked this link and the thread which details about the firmware patch etc... But It mentions Toshiba BDX3200 KE/KY etc models

and I checked on Amazon too
and there are two models // both 3D

But one is just Toshiba BDX3200
and the other is TOshiba BDX3200KE

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-BDX...UXVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330911740&sr=8-1

Toshiba Blu-ray Disc Player BDX3200KE - 3D Blu-ray disc: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Is there any difference between the two models..
Here goes the amazon link buddy..
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-BDX...UXVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330911740&sr=8-1

SNS is shopandship by aramex.. A detailed discussion abt SNS is going in our forum itself..
http://www.hifivision.com/hot-deals...-uk-toooooo-much-cheaper-than-borderlinx.html

I suppose u have ordered the BDX3200...
Can you recheck , whether its this one or the KE model..
thanks

Users of Toshiba BDX3200 ....can you please check and see if the USB port on the front ,supports NTFS formatted Drives and does it play s HighDefinition Videos (.Mkvs, H264 codec videos) BR Rips??

Yep bro.. The USB port on the Toshiba BDX3200 supports NTFS formatted drives.. I checked it.. It does play BRRIP of saving private ryan around 8GB size from my WD passport 120GB external HDD..

One update I played the harry potter bluray with dts-hd audio my yamaha receiver is showing as PCM even though I set to bitstream. So I think it is giving only the dts core and not the actual hd audio. I think this is downside to the player. I verified that it does not bitstreams dts-hd audio even before the region hack, so no problem with the firmware update. Problem is with the player itself. Unable to verify the dolby tru-hd as no blu-ray disc with that audio but the manual clearly states that it is compatible for dolby tru-hd so I believe this should work. But overall a very good player with reasonably good upscaling the dvd to 1080p video.

Thanks

But I think my player supports DTS-HDMA... Mine is actually Toshiba BDX3200KB.. I have played the inception BD which is having DTS-HDMA 5.1 audio and on the front panel of the av receiver Onkyo TX SR705 showed DTS-HDMSTR 5.1.. I have took some pics of it...

Sorry for my poor photography.. Was unable to get the shot with flash on..
View attachment 6796

Last edited:
DTS-HD MSTR refers to DTS-HD Master Audio only.... Its stated in the manual, FOr diaplsy on the AVR s LCD Display--DTS....MSTR is the short code for Master Audio itself,,

But I think my player supports DTS-HDMA... Mine is actually Toshiba BDX3200KB.. I have played the inception BD which is having DTS-HDMA 5.1 audio and on the front panel of the av receiver Onkyo TX SR705 showed DTS-HDMSTR 5.1.. I have took some pics of it...

Sorry for my poor photography.. Was unable to get the shot with flash on..
View attachment 6796

My model number is BDX3200KE. The manual says it supports DTS-HD Master Audio Essential and so I presume it is downmixing to DTS, but even then my receiver shows PCM with 5.1 channel. I think my model which I got from amazon.de is different when compared to yours. But I was able to apply the same firmware that you listed and could make it region free for both DVD and blu-ray. So not sure where is the missing link.

Thanks

My model number is BDX3200KE. The manual says it supports DTS-HD Master Audio Essential and so I presume it is downmixing to DTS, but even then my receiver shows PCM with 5.1 channel. I think my model which I got from amazon.de is different when compared to yours. But I was able to apply the same firmware that you listed and could make it region free for both DVD and blu-ray. So not sure where is the missing link.

Thanks

Dont know whats the problem bro.. Try checking the avforums link given on the first post...

I have 3 Region Free Blu-ray players:

1. Panasonic DMP-BD80 - 3 years old
2. Curtis (bought in Tesco for 50 GBP)
3. Technika (bought in Tesco for 60 GBP)

2 and 3 are about 2 years old and working fine.

Hi,

I am new to this forum....So I am sorry if I have missed out the info that i seek

Looking at the instructions to make this blu-ray player region free, we need to enter the set-up and select the region desired.

Now if I select region A first and then want to watch a region b blu-ray do I need to do the whole procedure again of entering the set-up and changing the region? If yes then is there a limit to the number of times you can change the region code for blu-ray?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

There is no limit to the number of region changes. The OP 'krishnendu' told me that his player automatically selects the region of the disk played.

Hi,
I wanted to buy this player but the price is increased now in amazon UK. I tried with crampon and moore but my order got cancelled, since they don't accept indian cc. Is there any UK shopping sites which accept Indian CC. I will ship thru SNS

The KB is british model and KE is European. We are flashing it with reign free Australian firmware. Feature wise both should be the same.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back