A cheap multiregion Blu-ray player...

The KB is british model and KE is European. We are flashing it with reign free Australian firmware. Feature wise both should be the same.

I have the KE model got it from Germany and it does not decode DTS-HDMA but down mixes to DTS. But the UK model decodes it without any issues. So it is better to go with the UK model which ends with KB

thanks

I have the KE model got it from Germany and it does not decode DTS-HDMA but down mixes to DTS. But the UK model decodes it without any issues. So it is better to go with the UK model which ends with KB

thanks

Bro how do we ensure it's the KB model while making online purchase?

Bro...

U told it wrong.... Buy from amazon uk to get the version which decodes HD audio codecs.. I bought mine from amazon uk..

Yes krishnenduk is correct. I brought mine from amazon.de which does not decode DTS-HDMA but decodes Dolby Tru-HD.

Thanks

Hi

just tried to order from AMAZON UK , at checkout says that it cannot be shipped to this address (mumbai)!

Hi

just tried to order from AMAZON UK , at checkout says that it cannot be shipped to this address (mumbai)!

I think you have not read the thread properly. The people who have brought this item either from amazon.uk or myself from amazon.de did not try to order the item to Indian address but to a friend in those locations like London or Frankfurt. But people like krishnenduk ordered this item to the SNS/Aramex address in London and they will ship the item to your Indian address with additional shipping/customs etc., You can try this option if you do not have anybody to hand carry it from overseas.

Thanks

I just read the whole thread again and also the parrelel thread about the same subject! Realised that I misread it earlier!:indifferent14:

Thanks all.Special Thanks to krishnenduk and manniraj :clapping: for their inputs .
Total cost came around INR 10549 (player cost 5675 + 4874 shipping n customs)
Will load the custom firmware tonight and check

Last edited:
Thanks all.Special Thanks to krishnenduk and manniraj :clapping: for their inputs .
Total cost came around INR 10549 (player cost 5675 + 4874 shipping n customs)
Will load the custom firmware tonight and check

I would like to request you to check one more thing, please...
Try to play any Bluray disc with DTS-HDMA audio and verify if your AVR detects it appropriately without down-converting it to DTS Core.
As members claim it supports DTS-HDMA fully, so it should !!

I have the same product but it's a European model 3200KE (bought from Amazon.de)
Few members here have claimed that 3200KE model doesn't support DTS-HDMA, but my HT does detect DTS-HDMA (without down-converting) when I select the Audio setting as 'Bitstream'.
As per my observation, my BD player 3200KE seems to support DTS-HDMA, but others say it doesn't !!
Not sure, could an HT system fake the audio codec display ????
Probably I need to test it with another HT or AVR !!

I would like to request you to check one more thing, please...
Try to play any Bluray disc with DTS-HDMA audio and verify if your AVR detects it appropriately without down-converting it to DTS Core.
As members claim it supports DTS-HDMA fully, so it should !!

I have the same product but it's a European model 3200KE (bought from Amazon.de)
Few members here have claimed that 3200KE model doesn't support DTS-HDMA, but my HT does detect DTS-HDMA (without down-converting) when I select the Audio setting as 'Bitstream'.
As per my observation, my BD player 3200KE seems to support DTS-HDMA, but others say it doesn't !!
Not sure, could an HT system fake the audio codec display ????
Probably I need to test it with another HT or AVR !!

Hi technobhatt

Is it so I will be delighted if the model 3200KE supports DTS-HDMA as it clearly states on the manual/box/amazon.de site that it supports DTS core. When I got my player I loaded the Harry Porter movie with DTS-HDMA codec and made it to bitstream to my yamaha 571 receiver which showed it as PCM 5.1 and not the original codec. So I am not sure how you are able to get it.

Thanks

Its the cheapest region free blu-ray player around... U can go for oppo and get the hardware region free mod to make it region free.... But oppo is costly..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back